Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

45 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'm confused.  Not the first time.

I thought the ADR was the more risky surgery and the fusion was less risky?

Then again, I'm not a doctor and here I am questioning one ...

It is, but (for non-athletes) provides the more "natural" solution.  Once vertebrae are fused the person can no longer twist or bend the next between those two vertebrae.  The disc replacement doesn't constrict movement.  The problem with the disc replacement is that it's a more recent procedure with limited data (especially among athletes), and apparently (according to information in this thread) it's sometimes not successful right from the start.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

So did Jack want out before the injury? Or was it because of the injury and the Sabres stance on surgery?

The approximate timeline, from what I can tell, is that Adams didn't necessarily want to move Jack immediately but fielded calls.  I think while Krueger was still coach it was agreed that the current core:  Jack, Sam, Risto, McCabe, Ullmark, would lead the team to success.  After the team collectively fell flat on its face and Krueger was fired, I think the prospect of moving Jack became much more of a reality.  Was it happening prior to his injury?  Not sure.  But by the time Krueger was fired we were in full blown sell mode. 

Perhaps he wanted out prior to the injury, perhaps KA was looking at potential offers thinking moving Jack could stock the cupboards before the injury... who knows.  I think the idea of moving Jack and Jack wanting out solidified because of his injury.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Funny……

Good for Adams and the Sabres. They have obviously pissed off the little brat and his agents. Jack, his agents and the other 31 GM’s can go pound salt until we get a deal we want. Apparently they don’t know how much sh** a Buffalo fan can take. 

We can wait the 5 years until Jack’s contract is done. We did 17 years with the Bills (albeit they were not as abysmal as the Sabres.)

Crying to the media won’t get it done,  Brat Boy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If he was going to the surgery  They would have already got the arbitrator involved 

Correct, if you truly needed it, you go to arbitration. If you are using it as a way to dodge personal liability and saddle the team with the long-term effects of a poor outcome, you do what he’s doing now. 

Has the NHLPA chimed in at all on this issue. You would think it's time for them to get involved to get a resolution to the situation. The 12 week waiting period didn't work, surgery seems to be agreed upon, but not the specific procedure. What's been happening the last 2 months after the rehab? 

5 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

What's been happening the last 2 months after the rehab?

KA's tried to get a trade worked out while other GMs are feeding snippets to their favorite insiders in an effort to shape the trade, and Jack's representation is sabotaging the process by posting BS tweets.

Medically?  Jack's skating with his Bahston buddies.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

KA's tried to get a trade worked out while other GMs are feeding snippets to their favorite insiders in an effort to shape the trade, and Jack's representation is sabotaging the process by posting BS tweets.

Medically?  Jack's skating with his Bahston buddies.

I meant about the discussion of the 2 procedures in question.  Skating isn't a concern, playing professional hockey is the issue.

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That'd be the second straight time a team decided to give Jack number 9 instead of retiring it in Evander's honor.

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought we weren't discussing Evander anymore.....  😛

Well played.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1