Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So much for HiPAA. So who set that up?

Well, if this guy has seen the records and spoke to the media... Jack and his agent so the Dr. doesn't violate hipaa

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Assumed that Jack gave the Dr the okay to go on the podcast and discuss his situation and options. 

yup. only way this dr. would do it. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Assumed that Jack gave the Dr the okay to go on the podcast and discuss his situation and options. 

KA will have to respond to this, I imagine. It's been his strongest tool, talking right to the public and answering questions. He is good at it and this calls for a statement at least

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

Could the alternative not be to take back bad contracts for a shorter length of time?  Hard to believe a team would demand retention in Jack salary and not consider other high priced roster players instead to make the cap work.

KA is doing it right. He set his price and he’s sticking to it. It’s not about the money as some keep saying. They will need to spend $8-10M just to get to floor so it’s going to get spent but they want to spend it on useful players.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, tom webster said:

KA is doing it right. He set his price and he’s sticking to it. It’s not about the money as some keep saying. They will need to spend $8-10M just to get to floor so it’s going to get spent but they want to spend it on useful players.

KA is doing the right thing, no doubt.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, LGR4GM said:

They should send him to Europe tomorrow to go to the best artificial disc doctor there. 

Give him the surgery and tell him if it is a problem his contract is void. 

He could get the top doctors from Germany and Spain and have a conference. 

https://www.dr-bertagnoli.com

https://www.sana.de/koeln/medizin-pflege/chirurgische-und-konservative-wirbelsaeulenchirurgie/internationale-patienten-adr-germany

https://www.institutoclavel.com/en/treatments/adr

There are plenty more.

The cp-esp is highly regarded artificial disk and the usual choice in Europe, but it’s not even available in the United States.

https://onzspine.com/artificial-disc-replacement/

maybe there’s a reason for him going to Colorado, but anything that can be done here can be done over there with more experienced surgeons with a wider array of tools.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

How strange would it be if KA managed to execute this trade correctly and competently. 

If you were another team, would you trade for Eichel now? I think his value is pretty low now with injury  and this show of impertinence just made him even less valuable to a team.

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If you were another team, would you trade for Eichel now? I think his value is pretty low now with injury  and this show of impertinence just made him even less valuable to a team.

I wouldn't have traded for a healthy Eichel unless I were Vegas. Minnesota I think is screwed with the buyouts. Montreal has young center talent and overachieved. Rangers could use him, might have traded for him if I were them. Anaheim needs to fully rebuild so I wouldn't have traded the assets. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

only if the price was right, and i'm (pretend GM) not shipping out my 1C (prospect or otherwise) or a 2021 1st for him.  i can appreciate what GyMKAta (what i speak out loud in my head whenever i see "GMKA") is doing, but the longer this goes on, the less best it's doing the sabres.  and he wants what's best for the sabres, so...

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If I were another team I would have little to no interest just because of the injury. 

Just now, Kr632 said:

If I were another team I would have little to no interest just because of the injury. 

The injury sure but the attitude is concerning. I’m thinking Jack held his breath a lot as a kid. And likely got what he wanted every single time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kr632 said:

I will not be surprised if he sits out the season, or something like that.

Wait until he is 100% healthy and then see who wants him next year. I know that's crazy but it might be best option

• Like (+1) 1

“We have found that this surgical treatment is effective in significantly reducing pain in 90% of cases, resulting in a direct increase in your quality of life. In addition, approximately 70% of patients have been able to make a complete return to playing sports, a rate unheard of for other spinal surgeries.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

The injury sure but the attitude is concerning. I’m thinking Jack held his breath a lot as a kid. And likely got what he wanted every single time.

In fairness to Jack, he has to accept $10 million dollars and is forced to play hockey for a living. Oppression!

Just now, SDS said:

“We have found that this surgical treatment is effective in significantly reducing pain in 90% of cases, resulting in a direct increase in your quality of life. In addition, approximately 70% of patients have been able to make a complete return to playing sports, a rate unheard of for other spinal surgeries.”

So a team trading for him would have a 30% chance of Jack not being what he was. That's got to scare away a lot of GMs

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I will not be surprised if he sits out the season, or something like that.

Wait until he is 100% healthy and then see who wants him next year. I know that's crazy but it might be best option

Next season will be hard to stomach as it is but to add that drama hanging over this team ? We need to move on.

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

In fairness to Jack, he has to accept $10 million dollars and is forced to play hockey for a living. Oppression!

So a team trading for him would have a 30% chance of Jack not being what he was. That's got to scare away a lot of GMs

It’s just a quote on this doctors website, so without the supporting detail take it with a grain of salt. However, I think it’s safe to assume that this refers to casual people and not professional players. I would have to think the risk is higher for the latter.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Define sports. No check beer league or the NHL? That still leaves a 30% chance he ends his career.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They should send him to Europe tomorrow to go to the best artificial disc doctor there. 

Give him the surgery and tell him if it is a problem his contract is void. 

This might be in the worst possible interests for the team.  The team needs to protect that asset absolutely.

• Like (+1) 3