Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Why wouldn't the Sabres make his medical records available(if that story is true), what team would offer 4 big pieces without seeing his records? 

Why should the make his records available to anyone who isn't serious about making the trade? They have to protect their asset. This is a business.

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Adams emphasized the fact that they won't trade him if the value isn't there and that's the right approach. You're under contract, you either play for your next contract or you can ride the bench. We cannot budge from the asking price, he is a superstar and the rest of the shark GMs know this.

Then end the charade. If they're not going to offer, end the talks. Like I posted earlier. Jack we tried, it didn't work. Get ready for training camp.  What does Adams think will happen in the next month to improve the offers made to him?

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

I think what he is saying though is that if Jack unilaterally had the surgery against the Sabres wishes. 

If jack does that, he risks losing 50M.  If he was willing to do that, it would have already happened.  

My read on this is that jack thinks he should be able to have experimental surgery with no risk to his contract at all

Just now, darksabre said:

Why should the make his records available to anyone who isn't serious about making the trade? They have to protect their asset. This is a business.

Why would they ask for records if not serious about a trade?   That argument never made any sense to me. From reports , it seems like quite a few teams were serious about acquiring Jack, did any teams see records?

1 minute ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

If jack does that, he risks losing 50M.  If he was willing to do that, it would have already happened.  

My read on this is that jack thinks he should be able to have experimental surgery with no risk to his contract at all

My guess is the Sabres wouldn't have to pay, but still maintain his rights. 

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

Then end the charade. If they're not going to offer, end the talks. Like I posted earlier. Jack we tried, it didn't work. Get ready for training camp.  What does Adams think will happen in the next month to improve the offers made to him?

How do they know when Jack is truly ready for training camp? Can he keep himself out? I don’t know how that works. Think this might get ugly, with Jack saying he can’t report and their doctors saying he can. What happens if he refuses to be evaluated by the team? Lots of questions. 

From my experience with a herniated disc being deemed surgery worthy (beyond partial laminectomy to remove the herniation) it takes a destabilization of the spine that causes loss of function to qualify.

What are the losses Jack has been experiencing and how could he be playing at the start of the season with a replacement disc including time to rehab the issues that necessitated the surgery? Pain isn’t a qualifier for these fusion/replacements. If a partial laminectomy to remove the herniation isn’t enough then there has to be a significant problem. 

It’s almost like Jack/Jack’s agent think that no one knows about spinal injuries. 

This stuff works with MomnDad, not with a success-starved fan base. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, I-90 W said:

How do they know when Jack is truly ready for training camp? Can he keep himself out? I don’t know how that works. Think this might get ugly, with Jack saying he can’t report and their doctors saying he can. What happens if he refuses to be evaluated by the team? Lots of questions. 

Good questions. This is a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This may be the first step by Eichel's camp to file a grievance with the league which could end up in the hands of an arbitrator.   

That's what it feels like. Problem is, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. 

42 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The word is out on Jack.  It’s known.  Any team that wants him feels his immense talent is worth the locker room risk.  

A team like Vegas could come up with a better offer. A few others can too.  

Now you swear and kick and beg us
That you're not a gamblin' man
Then you find you're back in Vegas
With a handle in your hand
Your black cards can make you money
So you hide them when you're able
In the land of milk and honey
You must put them on the table

You go back, Jack, do it again
Wheel turnin' 'round and 'round
You go back, Jack, do it again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

I still think Adams blinks first.  They won’t want this type of distraction and the public griping by Eichel gives them the cover they need to sell a poor trade to their fanbase - “See?  He was a cancer and we just had get rid of him for the sake of the young core.”

Nah.

Woulda happened already.   He's not gonna cave at this point.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, klos1963 said:

For such an awful team, it really hasn't been boring lately.

I don't know, the weird pissing match (?) between Fish and the Sabres is kind of funny.

41 minutes ago, Ripper said:

i agree with the thought that it's time to move on.  I'm sure that Eichel's camp is pressuring for that.  We could have a very good/better future with those pieces from Anaheim.

I never got the feeling from Eichel's camp he's pressuring anything /s

Edited by Shmuffalo