Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It really is kinda of pointless, everyone who matters already knew this. Who is this release supposed to answer to pressure the Sabres? Sabres fans? 

Directly to Sabres fans I presume. Otherwise, they could’ve just sent a nasty email to Kevyn. There’s no other reason to release a public statement than to engage the public. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That statement just wreaks of over-reaction to Adams comments. It stinks of entitled "you said this and we are unhappy so I will force my way out". 

At this point, don't trade him. Hell, I'd call his agent and tell him he wont be traded now because that statement killed possible interest and torpedoed offers and I would end it with "nice going you dumb *****."

When Adams mentioned they Were in Control of the Process, He meant relative to other teams it wasn’t a shot against Eichel, stupid ***** agents 

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

When Adams mentioned they Were in Control of the Process, He meant relative to other teams it wasn’t a shot against Eichel, stupid ***** agents 

That's how I took it. They were in control of the trade process and didn't have to make a move just because another team made an offer. 

I know a lot of guys on here will defend Jack no matter what (or so it seems), but it’s stuff like this why so many of us are fed up with him. The man is selfish. His camp couldn’t be quiet and just let it play out? He is demanding a trade more or less, knowing that his trade value is at an all time low. I don’t think he cares about us as fans. Like at all. 

He’s done some admirable work for charities in the area which I will never take away from him, but this guy doesn’t care about the team that drafted him and it’s rather obvious. It is what it is I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2

OK after that he can go straight to hell. When he comes back he deserves the Pajama Boy treatment times 10. And the thing that hurts the most is that I defended this guy from vicious attacks and in the end they were 100% correct. For that game bring Patty Kaletta out of retirement, he'll know what to do.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I hope they move on from Eichel sooner rather than later.  To me he seems like he abides by his own rules and doesn't care about the team...

He is very lackluster in his defensive responsibilities.

I've never really fallen in love with his game and it didn't help that this video was one of my first impressions I ever had of him.

What an odd time to release this statement. Friday nights are usually prime time to release news you want people to miss or ignore. 

I’m thinking the only reason to release right now is that it will anger drunk Sabres fans. Maybe they really want to turn the fans against them, so we’re the ones demanding the trade get done. 

Edited by kas23
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

They did also release some medical info I guess, telling other teams he'd be able to start the season if he had surgery now. In their opinion of course.

I think this was almost the entire point of the statement.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yeah, it’s interesting because Adams and Eichel are not really in the same battle here.  For Adams, it’s himself vs the league’s other GMs.  For Eichel’s camp, it’s themselves vs Adams.

This is really a pointless statement.  I don’t see it helping to facilitate a trade, and I don’t see it winning any public sympathy.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think this was almost the entire point of the statement.

They certainly could have done that without a public statement.

This wasn’t for other teams.  This statement is for the fans and media.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

They certainly could have done that without a public statement.

This wasn’t for other teams.  This statement is for the fans and media.

They probably could not have, though. The Sabres would have to permit those conversations to take place. I think there’s a good chance the Sabres are not letting that happen and that’s the “process” they’re talking about. They’re not letting other teams in on Eichel’s medical information so this was their quickest way to get it out to everyone.

BEFORE you say there are reports the Sabres will allow teams to see his medicals if talks get serious: yes, but those same reporters have noted they don’t know of any teams that have seen them.

I seriously think Jack is a head case at this point. It was obvious, at least to me, that KA comments about being in control and not feeling any pressure was in regard to other GMs not offering enough. Jack’s camp seemed to take that as a shot across the bow against him? Why are they responding when it wasn’t addressed to him? Because he is a head case, that’s why.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, I-90 W said:

I seriously think Jack is a head case at this point. It was obvious, at least to me, that KA comments about being in control and not feeling any pressure was in regard to other GMs not offering enough. Jack’s camp seemed to take that as a shot across the bow against him? Why are they responding when it wasn’t addressed to him? Because he is a head case, that’s why.

This is certainly one narrative you could come up with (as is mine or any other). But I don’t believe this is what’s happening here, at all.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I have been to 4 different Sabres sites to see what fans reaction to the statement is. It has unanimously gone over like a lead balloon. Jack has zero love from the fan base after this stunt.

He'll be one of the all time hated Sabres when he leaves initially.  We'll see if that cools later.

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

This is certainly one narrative you could come up with (as is mine or any other). But I don’t believe this is what’s happening here, at all.

Up until the "headcase" part I agree. I think Adams was saying he didn't feel pressured by other teams to give Eichel away and Eichel's camp overreacted to it. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

They probably could not have, though. The Sabres would have to permit those conversations to take place. I think there’s a good chance the Sabres are not letting that happen and that’s the “process” they’re talking about. They’re not letting other teams in on Eichel’s medical information so this was their quickest way to get it out to everyone.

BEFORE you say there are reports the Sabres will allow teams to see his medicals if talks get serious: yes, but those same reporters have noted they don’t know of any teams that have seen them.

They definitely could get that information to other teams.  In fact this isn’t even new information.  Was it not reported by Friedman (I think?) weeks ago that John Eichel’s camp was saying he should be ready to go 3 months after surgery?