Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Hot take: Having Fiala, Greenway, and Dumba even without the prospects over the life of Eichel's contract would put the Sabres closer to the playoffs than having Eichel over that same period.

Those three alone obviously aren't enough though. GMKA would be stupid to turn down a package that included those three plus Rossi and Boldy. Take back any contracts Minny wants (2 year or less).

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

Is it possible for the Sabres to re-negotiate Jack's contract to lower the annual amount?  This might make him a more attractive piece and ultimately put him in a better light with potential suiters. Win-win.

I don't think Jack would consider making millions less $ as a "win." Wherever he ends up.

Edited by erickompositör72

13 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I don't think Jack would consider making millions less $ as a "win." Wherever he ends up.

Doesn't matter because this is the NHL not the NFL. Jack's contract is fully guaranteed and can not be renegotiated. Jack will make his 10million against the cap and Buffalo can retain up to 50% or force the trading team to take it all. 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Keeping in mind, that Russo’s Sources work directly for the Wild. 

Could it be that the Sabres want more assets in return for salary relief. 

I can see Pegula not wanting to retain salary on Five Years of Eichel’s Deal. See ROR Signing Bonus

I believe the CBA Mandates that any retained salary must be consistent year to year over the length of the contract, but I’ll defer to @Taro T on that. 

He additionally mentioned that the Sabres had not shared Eichel’s Medical Records

There are reports His records have been shared to teams that are serious and willing to discuss Top Prospects in an trade.

Not sure what to make of the contrast of those two statements 

Russo also mentioned that as of now the Wild are out, but He also said that Guerin is really interested in acquiring Eichel and could jump back into things over the next few weeks. 

Russo also mentioned He respects that GMKA is taking the We have Jack signed for 5 years and will not move him unless we get value back approach. 

I believe the reports are that the Sabres are willing to share the medicals when talks get serious, not that they have. Last we heard from the big guns in hockey media they did not believe any teams have seen his records yet. There were several specifically mentioned that have NOT seen them, no reports that anyone has seen them unless I missed it.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Keeping in mind, that Russo’s Sources work directly for the Wild. 

Could it be that the Sabres want more assets in return for salary relief. 

I can see Pegula not wanting to retain salary on Five Years of Eichel’s Deal. See ROR Signing Bonus

I believe the CBA Mandates that any retained salary must be consistent year to year over the length of the contract, but I’ll defer to @Taro T on that. 

He additionally mentioned that the Sabres had not shared Eichel’s Medical Records

There are reports His records have been shared to teams that are serious and willing to discuss Top Prospects in an trade.

Not sure what to make of the contrast of those two statements 

Russo also mentioned that as of now the Wild are out, but He also said that Guerin is really interested in acquiring Eichel and could jump back into things over the next few weeks. 

Russo also mentioned He respects that GMKA is taking the We have Jack signed for 5 years and will not move him unless we get value back approach. 

Is the Russo podcast recent or from before the draft? I remember something similar from him a few weeks ago.

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The free agency period that started... 2 days ago. His agents suck. All you had to do was shut up until the deal was made but you couldn;t even accomplish that. 

Just now, Curt said:

Well that’s a pretty serious statement.  The PR battle continues.

Personally I think Jack just lost. It's been 2 days since free agency started. His agents sound like whiny brats... which is starting to be a theme. 

• Like (+1) 3

That statement just wreaks of over-reaction to Adams comments. It stinks of entitled "you said this and we are unhappy so I will force my way out". 

At this point, don't trade him. Hell, I'd call his agent and tell him he wont be traded now because that statement killed possible interest and torpedoed offers and I would end it with "nice going you dumb *****."

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Sabres should just let the guy get the surgery.  He’s done being a Sabre and clearly winning isn’t the priority next year.  If the surgery works then I assume it helps his trade value.  If it ends his career that’s his problem.  I’m confident an Eichel retirement would not set the team back too far because there’s not much further back it can go.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Sabres should just let the guy get the surgery.  He’s done being a Sabre and clearly winning isn’t the priority next year.  If the surgery works then I assume it helps his trade value.  If it ends his career that’s his problem.  I’m confident an Eichel retirement would not set the team back too far because there’s not much further back it can go.  

Who’s going to be the judge that the surgery ended his career? And by what point of time?