Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

OK apparently this happened and if true jack you're an ***** 

I saw Jack Eichel at a grocery store in Lowell yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the trade or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/eichel-mega-thread-v.2837635/page-29

Stupidest crap ever published on here. But also not surprising considering some peoples motives lately to smear him.  Some d bag makes this story up, accusing Jack of attempting to commit a crime and acting like a douche and people want to run with it. 

Be better 

4 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

except, reports are that KA was shopping him before Jack even knew it...

I'm beginning to believe this forum is being populated by Ranger bots

If the reports you say are true… must have been a reason, eh??… Maybe Eichel’s fighting Sabre Medical staff??… or abandoning his team during the 18 game losing streak, (as their Captain no less) rehabbing away from Buffalo??… Maybe Eichel’s sour grapes season-ending presser??… Props to KA if your reports are true… He had plenty of reasons to shop the guy… He knows him…

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

If the reports you say are true… must have been a reason, eh??… Maybe Eichel’s fighting Sabre Medical staff??… or abandoning his team during the 18 game losing streak, (as their Captain no less) rehabbing away from Buffalo??… Maybe Eichel’s sour grapes season-ending presser??… Props to KA if your reports are true… He had plenty of reasons to shop the guy… He knows him…

Sure, just let me know when you've decided which narrative you're rolling with

btw, KA was reportedly shopping him before last season

3 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Sure, just let me know when you've decided which narrative you're rolling with

btw, KA was reportedly shopping him before last season

Like I said… he knows the guy…

Keeping in mind, that Russo’s Sources work directly for the Wild. 

Could it be that the Sabres want more assets in return for salary relief. 

I can see Pegula not wanting to retain salary on Five Years of Eichel’s Deal. See ROR Signing Bonus

I believe the CBA Mandates that any retained salary must be consistent year to year over the length of the contract, but I’ll defer to @Taro T on that. 

He additionally mentioned that the Sabres had not shared Eichel’s Medical Records

There are reports His records have been shared to teams that are serious and willing to discuss Top Prospects in an trade.

Not sure what to make of the contrast of those two statements 

Russo also mentioned that as of now the Wild are out, but He also said that Guerin is really interested in acquiring Eichel and could jump back into things over the next few weeks. 

Russo also mentioned He respects that GMKA is taking the We have Jack signed for 5 years and will not move him unless we get value back approach. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Keeping in mind, that Russo’s Sources work directly for the Wild. 

Could it be that the Sabres want more assets in return for salary relief. 

I can see Pegula not wanting to retain salary on Five Years of Eichel’s Deal. See ROR Signing Bonus

I believe the CBA Mandates that any retained salary must be consistent year to year over the length of the contract, but I’ll defer to @Taro T on that. 

He additionally mentioned that the Sabres had not shared Eichel’s Medical Records

There are reports His records have been shared to teams that are serious and willing to discuss Top Prospects in an trade.

Not sure what to make of the contrast of those two statements 

Russo also mentioned that as of now the Wild are out, but He also said that Guerin is really interested in acquiring Eichel and could jump back into things over the next few weeks. 

Russo also mentioned He respects that GMKA is taking the We have Jack signed for 5 years and will not move him unless we get value back approach. 

Does Terry not see how this burned him so badly on that ROR trade?  He must be embarrassed at how that transpired no?  Learn from your mistakes man!!

Also, I think the Sabres should be looking to take back a couple of shorter term bad contracts to help the other team out, rather then retaining salary on Jack.  One way or another, the Sabres cannot expect a team to take on all $10 million in a flat cap.  Take back a couple of contracts and maximize your return Terry!  KA may not be calling the financial shots but he also has Terry's ear.  

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Feels like an Evander Kane type of situation.  Acquire a good player but he won’t hurt your tanking efforts.

Regardless, this seems to make it more likely that John Eichel could end up there.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Does Terry not see how this burned him so badly on that ROR trade?  He must be embarrassed at how that transpired no?  Learn from your mistakes man!!

Also, I think the Sabres should be looking to take back a couple of shorter term bad contracts to help the other team out, rather then retaining salary on Jack.  

If they are going to ask for retained salary, I would demand players instead. We can flip players for assets. We can’t flip retained salary. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Is it possible for the Sabres to re-negotiate Jack's contract to lower the annual amount?  This might make him a more attractive piece and ultimately put him in a better light with potential suiters. Win-win.

No, unfortunately that is not possible.  NFL players do that because their contracts are non-guaranteed, but NHL contracts a binding and can’t be changed after they are signed.

3 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Even if both parties agree to renegotiate?

Correct.

I think the closest would be both parties agreeing to void the contract, but in that case the player becomes a UFA, and I don’t think we want that.

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

No, unfortunately that is not possible.  NFL players do that because their contracts are non-guaranteed, but NHL contracts a binding and can’t be changed after they are signed.

I always thought it was crazy for the owners to agree to fully guaranteed contracts.  

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I always thought it was crazy for the owners to agree to fully guaranteed contracts.  

I don’t know the history of how it came to be, but of the major sports only NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed.

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

Matches the Sabres’ timeline for competing

He’s out for 6 months, not 3 years.

• Haha (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The thing about sports-related surgeries is, it takes time to know… Ask Jim Kelly as he recovers from a second ankle replacement after the first surgery failed… Word of caution to Eichel… and any team who wants him…

55 minutes ago, Curt said:

Feels like an Evander Kane type of situation.  Acquire a good player but he won’t hurt your tanking efforts.

Regardless, this seems to make it more likely that John Eichel could end up there.

Is that like Jack’s fringe NHL player brother like Cal O’Reilly?  Is he equally as ***** a person as Cal?