Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I played hockey with Dave Andreychuk once. (he was really good.)

Hasek came to my birthday party.  I don't know what he gave me, might've been Home Alone 2 on VHS, NOT REWOUND. I was 7, and boy was I was pissed.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Shmuffalo said:

Hasek came to my birthday party.  I don't know what he gave me, might've been Home Alone 2 on VHS, NOT REWOUND. I was 7, and boy was I was pissed.

Hasek used to visit a tavern owned by a fellow Czech that was in my East side neighborhood, by Central Terminal. Danny's it was called, on Peckham. Might still be open. Not a place you'd expect to see a Sabre, much less the star player. But Dom liked hanging with fellow countrymen.

• Like (+1) 1

I was front row, center ice in the TD Garden once in 2009… right behind the Sabres bench. I’ll never know why, but Lindy Ruff stared at me and gave me the nastiest look. That man is scary. I had my buffaslug hat on and everything.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Just Germanic languages are easy to understand, except Norse.     

Have to look at the Frisian language (province in north holland) - Its like a mix of English, Dutch, German and Danish.   Problem with English vs the rest of us is that it has a heavy French influence.

That and I'm surrounded by the *****, have to learn, German, French and English by default.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'm not so good with languages, but German is amazingly close to (the non-Latin/Greek/French parts of) English, at least it was to me.  The words made sense and when I traveled there on business I was ordering in restaurants and stuff by the end of the first week.  Just picked it up by ear.

But don't ask me to write anything.

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I was front row, center ice in the TD Garden once in 2009… right behind the Sabres bench. I’ll never know why, but Lindy Ruff stared at me and gave me the nastiest look. That man is scary. I had my buffaslug hat on and everything.

Do you look like Dmitri Kalinin?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Shmuffalo said:

Do you look like Dmitri Kalinin?

No sir I most certainly do not! 😅

I did something to annoy him though. Think it’s because when he turned around and looked at me, I didn’t smile or anything. I was kind of starstruck; being right behind the glass is surreal. Think he took it the wrong way, I’ll never know.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Well vegas is just now under the cap it seems TODAYS CAP HIT  : $81,537,439

Eichel trade will be rough they would need to send back Smith and Tuch both at least a long with krebs.

Smith Tech Krebs and a first?

• Like (+1) 2

Looks the Rangers current offer would include Georgiev the goalie which would make Ullmark leaving more palpable as I think he will be really good...

"But one individual with some knowledge of the proceedings told The Post on Thursday that the latest entreaty includes Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones, Alexandar Georgiev and a first-rounder, but not Chytil."

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Looks the Rangers current offer would include Georgiev the goalie which would make Ullmark leaving more palpable as I think he will be really good...

"But one individual with some knowledge of the proceedings told The Post on Thursday that the latest entreaty includes Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones, Alexandar Georgiev and a first-rounder, but not Chytil."

I like the idea of georgiev in general but that trade is so bad

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

First question, wtf are we going to do with a Jones? He's a 5'10" lhd on this team; is he going to be Power's personal tray table?

Second, 1 defenders, 1 winger, a 25yr old goalie, and a pick is the type of laughable offer Chris Drury would attempt. Not only is he not in the ballpark, he is not playing the same game. That's 0 forward Center help in exchange for Jack Eichel. 

Third, screw the rangers. Their gm seems dumb and their fans are obnoxious about this. 

Edited by LGR4GM
because morning me confused Kravtsov with Lundkvist
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

First question, wtf are we going to do with a Jones? He's a 5'10" lhd on this team; is he going to be Power's personal tray table?

Second, 2 defenders, a 25yr old goalie, and a pick is the type of laughable offer Chris Drury would attempt. Not only is he not in the ballpark, he is not playing the same game. That's 0 forward help in exchange for Jack Eichel. 

Third, screw the rangers. Their gm seems dumb and their fans are obnoxious about this. 

Vitali Kravtsov is a winger.  Basically agree with the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Second, 1 defenders, 1 winger, a 25yr old goalie, and a pick is the type of laughable offer Chris Drury would attempt. Not only is he not in the ballpark, he is not playing the same game. That's 0 forward Center help in exchange for Jack Eichel. 

Likely why Adams seems in no hurry....teams are trying to get Eichel for a bag of pucks and a few orders of chicken wings...not gonna happen.  I like Georgiev but the other pieces are laughable if that is what they think is going to work.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like the idea of georgiev in general but that trade is so bad

Agreed....which is why Adams basically came out and said what he said and that is he isn't making a trade just to move him.  These teams are trying to get Eichel for pennies on the dollar.

Edited by matter2003

5 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Why? he's a lhd defender who in 1 year will be behind Dahlin, Samuelsson, Power, and soon to be Johnson. He's also 30 years old and only signed for 1 year so you are essentially trading for a 1 year rental on a team that isn't going anywhere. The trade is Tuch, Krebs, and a 2022 first with 2 cap dumps. Let's be honest about that at least. Replace McNabb with Kaedan Korczak and I am probably a yes. 

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Likely why Adams seems in no hurry....teams are trying to get Eichel for a bag of pucks and a few orders of chicken wings...not gonna happen.  I like Georgiev but the other pieces are laughable if that is what they think is going to work.

Agreed....which is why Adams basically came out and said what he said and that is he isn't making a trade just to move him.  These teams are trying to get Eichel for pennies on the dollar.

They truly are. The fact That it looks like we didn’t even get a top prospect offer is insulting.