Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The entire situation, besides the goaltender spot, was easily solved four years ago by giving O'Reilly the C and telling Jack to deal with it.

Most of us knew that back then.   It wasn't a tough decision.  Botterill was an idiot.

I don’t know about that.  There was a ton of “just give Jack the C because he’s the annointed one anyway” sentiment around here.  My recollection was it was the majority sentiment.

Just now, Weave said:

I don’t know about that.  There was a ton of “just give Jack the C because he’s the annointed one anyway” sentiment around here.  My recollection was it was the majority sentiment.

Yeah well you know it wasn't me.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, WildCard said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloVogl/status/1420852313196007433 

Former teammate weighs in in Jack the leader 

Basically what I take from this is that Jack is “not a bad person,” but we probably traded the wrong player in the ROR trade. 

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

No doubt there was a ton of that sentiment. But, none of us were in the Sabres locker room. This is on prior leadership. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloVogl/status/1420852313196007433 

Former teammate weighs in in Jack the leader 

I agree with this response from twitter:

Laughable on so many levels. This guy is barely a fringe NHLer. He got to Pitt when Crosby had been in the league with a winning franchise for over a decade and won a Cup. Yeah, you did not spend much time with Eichel because you were with the team for FOUR games in TWO years

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Its not that hard I bet , I understand half of what Danish people say, doubt Swedish would be that different for me 😄 

Then again I'm flemish and I speak German too.

But you are European, and therefore smarter than us.

Speaking for myself, there is no way I could master it, or even ask someone where the bathroom was.

I marvel at bilingual people.

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Without naming names, and I've said this before, I regularly skate with some Ducks and Kings alumni, a few of which remain employed by their respective franchises.    However, in this case, the source is a current NHL head coach (not Ducks or Kings) who I've known personally for the past 10 years or so.      I'll leave it at that.   You can probably figure it out looking at my post history. 

Do you feel this coach had a reason to tell you this because he has heard something or he was just giving his opinion on things?

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Speaking for myself, there is no way I could master it, or even ask someone where the bathroom was.

Just grab your junk and start hopping up and down. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just Germanic languages are easy to understand, except Norse.     

Have to look at the Frisian language (province in north holland) - Its like a mix of English, Dutch, German and Danish.   Problem with English vs the rest of us is that it has a heavy French influence.

That and I'm surrounded by the *****, have to learn, German, French and English by default.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Its not that hard I bet , I understand half of what Danish people say, doubt Swedish would be that different for me 😄 

Then again I'm flemish and I speak German too.

Good for you but I was speaking to pi.

48 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm not so good with languages, but German is amazingly close to (the non-Latin/Greek/French parts of) English, at least it was to me.  The words made sense and when I traveled there on business I was ordering in restaurants and stuff by the end of the first week.  Just picked it up by ear.

But don't ask me to write anything.

26 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I once sat next to Steve Martin at a concert

I once cooked spinach quiche for Superman (Christopher Reeves).

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

Think it’s safe to say that this trade isn’t happening til next year’s trade deadline. Unless there is enormous posturing going on from both sides, the league and KA seem worlds apart. I just don’t logically see it happening before the season starts now. Not even being pessimistic, just don’t see it.