Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

I’ll honestly never understand why some here go so far out of their way to be Jack Eichel apologists. Sure, some fans are unbelievably harsh on players, which is rather unsophisticated. But coming across as if Jack Eichel can do no wrong is also a bit much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

Is your sources twitter? we're all ears

Without naming names, and I've said this before, I regularly skate with some Ducks and Kings alumni, a few of which remain employed by their respective franchises.    However, in this case, the source is a current NHL head coach (not Ducks or Kings) who I've known personally for the past 10 years or so.      I'll leave it at that.   You can probably figure it out looking at my post history. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Without naming names, and I've said this before, I regularly skate with some Ducks and Kings alumni, a few of which remain employed by their respective franchises.    However, in this case, the source is a current NHL head coach (not Ducks or Kings) who I've known personally for the past 10 years or so.      I'll leave it at that.   You can probably figure it out looking at my post history. 

And here you are poking me saying you cannot read. Jesus, your pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why is Owen Power in quotes?

Because, as a player that is a couple years away, headed to College, he's a non-entity to Jack right now. Understandably 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

FWIW one of my sources says he expects something to happen w/ Eichel over the next 48 hours.    He's been quiet thus far on the topic, which is why it caught my attention.

That said, I still don't think anything happens until we get closer to mid-August and all the FA dust has settled.

Is nothing something?

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

FWIW one of my sources says he expects something to happen w/ Eichel over the next 48 hours.    He's been quiet thus far on the topic, which is why it caught my attention.

That said, I still don't think anything happens until we get closer to mid-August and all the FA dust has settled.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

And here you are poking me saying you cannot read. Jesus, your pathetic.

At this point, is there a reason you continue to post here?  Since your mancrush Linus signed with Boston you've been nothing but antagonistic to the Buffalo Sabres and the fans who post here.  What's the point?

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I'm just gonna say my piece here, but a lot of us have been aggressively following not only this team but sports in general for a looooooong time, and after a while you start to notice the same things happening over and over again.

-Fans love world building. They love creating stories around their teams, and the players are characters built up out of little bits and fragments of information accumulated, augmented, and crafted into something "real". But the truth is that we don't really know these guys, and we don't really know anything about their world.

-A large majority of the stuff fans think is happening, isn't.

-A large majority of the stuff fans think is important is in fact completely inconsequential.

This should be posted over the front door to Sabrespace.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Do you think you could master Swedish language as well as this Swede has mastered English? 

Its not that hard I bet , I understand half of what Danish people say, doubt Swedish would be that different for me 😄 

Then again I'm flemish and I speak German too.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd cut him some slack. 

English is not his first language and he has been through a lot in recent years with is mom being sink and passing away, if I recall correctly.

I have thought about it and I have retracted my *lol* thingie from @pi2000 post correcting @MODO Hockey English.  Not my finest moment.

The entire situation, besides the goaltender spot, was easily solved four years ago by giving O'Reilly the C and telling Jack to deal with it.

Most of us knew that back then.   It wasn't a tough decision.  Botterill was an idiot.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1