Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

For all of you trashing Eichel's character, per Paul Hamilton on WGR today: "I want people to know...make no mistake...Jack Eichel likes and LOVES the city of Buffalo. It's the team that he has issues with."

How is that different than 99.9% of the posters on this board who are fed up with the sheer incompetence of this organization? I'm not saying he's blameless for how this shite show has played out but the character assassination is over the top, IMO.

Paul Hamilton’s history of judging players’ character definitely backs him up here.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

Paul Hamilton’s history of judging players’ character definitely backs him up here.

Was it Harrington or Hamilton that were always talking ***** about Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogosian, and ROR? Or was it both?

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Was it Harrington or Hamilton that were always talking ***** about Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogosian, and ROR? Or was it both?

Aren’t those the same person? Jk but my point was centered around Hamilton’s long crusade against Samson.

Just now, Hoss said:

Aren’t those the same person? Jk but my point was centered around Hamilton’s long crusade against Samson.

Might as well be lol but yeah I'm pretty sure neither of them can get up and deplore fans' treatment of Jack when they've lead that parade for years.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Regardless, he's interacted with/interviewed/gotten a peek behind the curtain and at least is coming from a tangible, in-person perspective. Can you or others say that? If so, please share and disprove what he said.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted 

JS Dea on radio in Montreal

The Laval native mentioned the big difference between Jack Eichel and Sidney Crosby: leadership. "All I can tell you is that he's no Sidney Crosby.

"He's not a bad person, but maybe there are reasons why Buffalo was in a situation like that".

Ohhh daaayyyuuummmm!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

They HAVE to get a stud centre prospect back in the deal. Good on Kevyn for not budging. Krebs, Rossi, Zegras. Rangers don't have one. No dice NYR.

And apparently these guys are not on the table.

I don’t know why since they have a better chance of being a Cody Hodgson than a Jack Eichel, but it is the way it is.

The market is the market. No GM is willing to sacrifice cost-controlled 1st-line upside to get him right now.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

He doesn't need surgery - ***** been playing pick up games for weeks now and sabres probably found out he did.

The surgery doesn't hurt his value as much as this next thing that comes out.

Jean Sebastian Dea just went on a radio show in Montreal and said this about Eichel

"I haven't had the chance to chat with him a lot. I don't think he's a bad person when you get to know him. But all I can tell you is, he's not a Sidney Crosby. You see the difference in leaders when you walk into a room with Sidney Crosby. No matter who you are, your name, your pick rank, he'll take care of you. He will talk to you as if he were talking to a partisan, a young person he meets in the street.

He's not a bad person, but there might also be reasons why Buffalo was in such a situation.

I have worked with leaders during my career and you often see the difference. You see the way he behaves off the ice. He's an excellent hockey player, but at the leadership level ... I'm sure that with maturity and age he'll get better, but it's still pressure to be a captain and perform at that age. But I don't think he's the leader you can find in the Penguins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

I don’t know why since they have a better chance of being a Cody Hodgson than a Jack Eichel, but it is the way it is.

The market is the market. No GM is willing to sacrifice cost-controlled 1st-line upside to get him right now.

Which is why you keep him in that case.   

At some point, either his neck will heal or it won't and surgery will be on the table.... he comes back healthy and is put on notice that if you want out, then play and put up points so we can get fair value.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They will be. The only reason they're not is because they saw what Terry and Jason did in the ROR deal, and they think they're backing Kevyn into the corner. 

When the time comes, they'll pay up the prospect. Kevyn is handling this as well as he can right now. 

Do we really think that Foley is okay with the fact that they'll be, once again, one playoff injury away from having 3 fourth line centers? 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

For all of you trashing Eichel's character, per Paul Hamilton on WGR today: "I want people to know...make no mistake...Jack Eichel likes and LOVES the city of Buffalo. It's the team that he has issues with."

How is that different than 99.9% of the posters on this board who are fed up with the sheer incompetence of this organization? I'm not saying he's blameless for how this shite show has played out but the character assassination is over the top, IMO.

That may be true. But he is in a position of responsibility. He is our CAPTAIN. He has not earned this role or displayed ANY Leadership qualities. Not necessarily his fault that he was given the C purely on hockey talent. That is the underlying problem though.  He has never learned to lead men through adversity. He is not capable and hurting the team (and the city/community he "loves").  His immaturity as a man & more importantly as a leader of men is speaking so loudly that no one can hear (or cares) what he says.

We need to remove the C and the player before we can remake this franchise.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I guess playing through debilitating injuries isn't leadership

There are many things that go into good leadership.

Not being a good leader does not make one a bad person.  Unfortunately, when people rise to leadership positions and they are either not yet ready or not "made" for the role, their leadership shortcomings are sometimes mistaken for issues of character.  

This is on the Sabres (not the current leadership; Adams and Granato did not make Eichel the captain and anoint him to a leadership role).  Eichel was thrust into a role he was ill-suited for.  

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

The window of a Zegras/Comtois/1st type package has passed in my mind.

If a GM was willing to pay that kind of price it would have been done. Adams set the bar too high.

I think we are into 2 mid-range 1sts/prospects/young player, a cap dump, and a lesser prospect/pick

Something like us giving up Rosen, Johnson, Miller and a 2nd

Or Schneider, Georgiev, Strome and a 2nd

Good call, I definitely think the new target is 2 firsts though. I think the appeal would be to spin it as we now have 4 picks in the first round of a deep draft 

Just now, Thorny said:

Good call, I definitely think the new target is 2 firsts though. I think the appeal would be to spin it as we now have 4 picks in the first round of a deep draft 

Fans will piss and moan about the lack of prospects now, but a lot of fans will be jacked up for four players in the first round.

and I know people want to put an ice pick in their temple when they read that, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

31 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

That may be true. But he is in a position of responsibility. He is our CAPTAIN. He has not earned this role or displayed ANY Leadership qualities. Not necessarily his fault that he was given the C purely on hockey talent. That is the underlying problem though.  He has never learned to lead men through adversity. He is not capable and hurting the team (and the city/community he "loves").  His immaturity as a man & more importantly as a leader of men is speaking so loudly that no one can hear (or cares) what he says.

We need to remove the C and the player before we can remake this franchise.

I don't think you have to worry about them removing the 'C' from his sweater. His trade will take care of that. Seems like so many bridges have been burned on both sides that I just don't see any way he remains a Sabre. Whether that's before the season or during remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Fans will piss and moan about the lack of prospects now, but a lot of fans will be jacked up for four players in the first round.

and I know people want to put an ice pick in their temple when they read that, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

After failing to add to one of the weakest if not the weakest C pipelines in the NHL, on the verge of a tear down rebuild, through either the draft, or any trade of a big asset (Eichel pending) - they would no doubt have to turn their sites to the top of the next two drafts to fill out the C pipeline and give the build a shot, yes.