Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Sorry if this has already been posted 

JS Dea on radio in Montreal

The Laval native mentioned the big difference between Jack Eichel and Sidney Crosby: leadership. "All I can tell you is that he's no Sidney Crosby.

"He's not a bad person, but maybe there are reasons why Buffalo was in a situation like that".

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The Laval native mentioned the big difference between Jack Eichel and Sidney Crosby: leadership. "All I can tell you is that he's no Sidney Crosby.

"He's not a bad person, but maybe there are reasons why Buffalo was in a situation like that".

Didn't know Crosby was being shopped.

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

We know the reasons. Jack was likely the least of them. Ownership.

The window of a Zegras/Comtois/1st type package has passed in my mind.

If a GM was willing to pay that kind of price it would have been done. Adams set the bar too high.

I think we are into 2 mid-range 1sts/prospects/young player, a cap dump, and a lesser prospect/pick

Something like us giving up Rosen, Johnson, Miller and a 2nd

Or Schneider, Georgiev, Strome and a 2nd

Edited by dudacek

Not sure why I'm expanding on an something irrelevant, but as to "intangibles" and "leadership," Crosby was around Lemieux, Recchi, Roberts, and plenty more (NHL's number 101 best player of all time Malkin)... He was dogged for whining, and complaining to refs (which, I disagree with it, save for his first year), but even after they won in 09, he still carried the image in many people's mind up until maybe 2014/15.

And no, Eichel is no Crosby, just that the perception of players change as they mature - problem being, Eichel (or his agent) hammered this issue, and it's not a tremendous look, moreover, if his agent stopped leaking sh-- to the press, I think he'd be gone.

We know you want and expect a trade, we want and expect a reasonable return.  Suck it up, John, you signed for the long haul and now you want out; aren't contracts a pain in the neck. /s

Edited by Shmuffalo
  • Like (+1) 3

Vegas is built to win a cup right now. Right this second. Nobody knows what they'll look like in 3 years. 

Vegas' center spine is Karlsson, Stephenson, and guys who will only ever play in the bottom 6. 

Without touching their cup contending roster, they can turn that center depth into Eichel, Karlsson, Stephenson. 

It doesn't make any sense for Vegas not to trade for Eichel. The cap can be figured out. They will not win a cup with this center spine, even though their team plays cup-winning hockey. We saw it stall out last year, it will happen again this year. 

Come on Bill and Kelly. Krebs, your first rounder, Hague, a nice-but-not-best-remaining prospect, and whatever cap you'd like to hand off. 

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vegas is built to win a cup right now. Right this second. Nobody knows what they'll look like in 3 years. 

Vegas' center spine is Karlsson, Stephenson, and guys who will only ever play in the bottom 6. 

Without touching their cup contending roster, they can turn that center depth into Eichel, Karlsson, Stephenson. 

It doesn't make any sense for Vegas not to trade for Eichel. The cap can be figured out. They will not win a cup with this center spine, even though their team plays cup-winning hockey. We saw it stall out last year, it will happen again this year. 

Come on Bill and Kelly. Krebs, your first rounder, Hague, a nice-but-not-best-remaining prospect, and whatever cap you'd like to hand off. 

I agree this seems to make sense.

But if it is possible, how do you explain the Dadanov trade?

They already traded some of their limited futures for an expensive vet they had to squeeze under the cap.

I seriously don’t understand Dadanov at all. This is a team that already has Patches, Stone, Smith, Marchesseault and Tuch. They are loaded with wingers who can score.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think a lot of the problem here is Jack is not going to be playing a full year and that means his impact is very possibly a year away. That's assuming he'll get back to fiull form. This puts is value a lot lower than us fans may accept. Certainly a fact Rivet (barf) on the Instigators doesn't want to acknowledge. If we manage to trade Eichel it's going to be at a discount . Ten freakin years of this ownership and we're continually going in reverse. Now I'm to trust they can rebuild this. Ten freakin years!!!! 

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS changed the title to Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation
10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I agree this seems to make sense.

But if it is possible, how do you explain the Dadanov trade?

They already traded some of their limited futures for an expensive vet they had to squeeze under the cap.

I seriously don’t understand Dadanov at all. This is a team that already has Patches, Stone, Smith, Marchesseault and Tuch. They are loaded with wingers who can score.

The Sabres asked for him. Or something 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Sabres asked for him. Or something 

That was my only thought. The Sabres want Dadanov for their growing Russian connection and figure they can re-sign him for a couple years. Honestly at this point it just doesn't seem like it is happening. 

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

LGR. The right thing. Do it.

?

Friedman says that what the rangers wanted to do and what buffalo wanted were not even close. Described it as 2 venn diagram circles that don't overlap at all. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

?

Friedman says that what the rangers wanted to do and what buffalo wanted were not even close. Described it as 2 venn diagram circles that don't overlap at all. 

The thread is sick. You have the shotgun, and, look, there's a big old barn over there.

This whole thing is just pure, unadulterated, asset management. Jack Eichel can't have surgery because this route is the best way to maintain his value as an asset during these trade discussions. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the surgery would have been on the table for him here if they weren't in trade discussions.

Which means Adams has been listening to offers for quite a while and none of them have been the right value.

Cold and logical is fine by me.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Did I read that correctly ?

"Peyton Krebs is absolutely what the Sabres are looking to get out of Vegas, and the Golden Knights are reluctant to give him up" 

This getting ridiculous lol ***** knights then 

Hearing how far off the Rangers are was my favorite part. It isn't just their fans but their GM too.