Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Who’s left now?

Minnesota still has $20 million but they also have to sign Kaprizov and Fiala.

Calgary has $12 million and might be in if the Sabres are willing to take something back.

The Habs, Kings and knights are squeezed up against the cap and look done.

The Rangers and Ducks are right around $18 million each and don’t have significant RFAs to eat it up.

It looks like it’s going to be one or the other I think, and I think the Ducks missed their window.

Rangers might be the last team standing and I’m not sure we’re going to like the return.

I don't think we're going to like the return no matter who we trade with. As for Wookie's latest trade with the Ducks, there's no way we're going to get that return. We'd be lucky to get McTavish, Jones and Perreault in a deal. 

1 minute ago, jsb said:

I don't think we're going to like the return no matter who we trade with. As for Wookie's latest trade with the Ducks, there's no way we're going to get that return. We'd be lucky to get McTavish, Jones and Perreault in a deal. 

Here's the problem. If that were true this deal would already be done. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

I can't find anything on it but every trade I've saw with a conditional or lotto protected pick if they keep it the first year they cannot protect it a second year. The Islanders pick for vanek was explained this way along with another I can't recall atm

It’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t. There’s nothing stopping a team from doing it.

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Minny sounds like the Rags where they expected to trade c level trash and a cap dump for Eichel and Adams was like "hahaha, no."

I think it’s pretty clear that’s what the whole league though and which means that’s what Jack’s value actually is around the league.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t. There’s nothing stopping a team from doing it.

I think it’s pretty clear that’s what the whole league though and which means that’s what Jack’s value actually is around the league.

Maybe. I hope we soon know what his value is.

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Here's the problem. If that were true this deal would already be done. 

You're most likely correct but I was throwing out my best case scenario. I think I'm just in a PTTSD (Pre Trade Traumatic Stress Disorder) and I'm ready for this to be over already so I can resume a normal life again 😀

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jsb said:

You're most likely correct but I was throwing out my best case scenario. I think I'm just in a PTTSD (Pre Trade Traumatic Stress Disorder) and I'm ready for this to be over already so I can resume a normal life again 😀

Yea, I am with you. I just feel willing to hold out for a better return because we ROR this and we're talking about being good again in 2025 as opposed to 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, I am with you. I just feel willing to hold out for a better return because we ROR this and we're talking about being good again in 2025 as opposed to 2023. 

I'm willing to hold out so long he never gets traded at all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, LGR4GM said:

For awhile now there have been rumors on an Eichel trade. The 2 teams most often discussed are the NYR (who do not have the assets needed for a trade) and the LA Kings (who do have the assets needed for a trade). 

This is where we started way back in April... what a sh#tshow

Just now, ExWNYer said:

For all of you trashing Eichel's character, per Paul Hamilton on WGR today: "I want people to know...make no mistake...Jack Eichel likes and LOVES the city of Buffalo. It's the team that he has issues with."

How is that different than 99.9% of the posters on this board who are fed up with the sheer incompetence of this organization? I'm not saying he's blameless for how this shite show has played out but the character assassination is over the top, IMO.

Thank you

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

For all of you trashing Eichel's character, per Paul Hamilton on WGR today: "I want people to know...make no mistake...Jack Eichel likes and LOVES the city of Buffalo. It's the team that he has issues with."

How is that different than 99.9% of the posters on this board who are fed up with the sheer incompetence of this organization? I'm not saying he's blameless for how this shite show has played out but the character assassination is over the top, IMO.

I agree. It think it should be clear how dysfunctional this team is at the top. Reasonably ask yourself if you were a player you would want to be here. It be last on my list objectively. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m sure you and a former NHL executive have had this incredibly specific conversation.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Asking about a first round pick in the vanek trade and the discussion naturally going to conditions of the trade.. Yeah no one has ever asked about a trade before. What a joke. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

I agree. It think it should be clear how dysfunctional this team is at the top. Reasonably ask yourself if you were a player you would want to be here. It be last on my list objectively. 

Risto, Sam, Ullmark, McCabe alllllll wanted to be elsewhere because of how dysfunctional this team has been. They clearly lack talent and need a rebuild and none of them want to waste another 3 years of their careers. I don't understand why we are holding Eichel to a different standard when we've known that a rebuild is happening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Risto, Sam, Ullmark, McCabe alllllll wanted to be elsewhere because of how dysfunctional this team has been. They clearly lack talent and need a rebuild and none of them want to waste another 3 years of their careers. I don't understand why we are holding Eichel to a different standard when we've known that a rebuild is happening. 

This x 100. Listen to their comments. Risto loved the team. But said basically management is a clown show. Everyone sees what ownership does not. You think an experienced GM would of been making these moves? I doubt it. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

This x 100. Listen to their comments. Risto loved the team. But said basically management is a clown show. Everyone sees what ownership does not. You think an experienced GM would of been making these moves? I doubt it. 

Don't think it is about management being a clown show to be honest. I think it is about everyone understanding this team will be bad another year and the guys in the middle of their careers want to go elsewhere. There's a lot of experience in that front office now. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't think it is about management being a clown show to be honest. I think it is about everyone understanding this team will be bad another year and the guys in the middle of their careers want to go elsewhere. There's a lot of experience in that front office now. 

Well the pain continues for us. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't understand why we are holding Eichel to a different standard when we've known that a rebuild is happening. 

1. He voluntarily signed a long term contract.
  2. He can go, but only for the right return.

15 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

This is why I don't understand the fans that have turned on Jack so hard.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.pn

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Right. These guys only get one playing career. Once it's over, it's over...there are no 'do overs'. This revamped FO may finally right the ship but with no empirical evidence at the moment and only the last decade as a measuring stick for the players who have been here, how do they buy into what the same ownership has bungled for so long now? Odds are, they're looking at more 'rinse and repeat'. Competitors want to compete and they only have so long to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1