Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sorry, I took an hour off.

I don't see a single real move that indicates any of the main suitors are out.

And just the normal space-fillers from the insiders.

Yep... Minnesota did sign Goligoski to a $5 million deal tho. Idk how that makes their cap situation look

3 hours ago, Shmuffalo said:

I mean it's possible at a 90% chance I win a gold in the Olympic Men's 3 on 3 basketball game today. "I may not be very tall, but I'm slow."

I'll keep everyone abreast! 

I did not win gold (didn't even make the team, apparently), but the Sabres offered me 4 million aav/5 years to play goalie, never did it before, fun to try new things! Happy free agency, everyone!

• Haha (+1) 2

I could care less Eichel's "camp" is not happy; I do care they're leaking information (albeit minor) every few days. It's the never ending loop of damage control:

1. Eichel outs the injury, and blames the team; 2. Sabres rebut his claim, as do other doctors, that its a high-risk procedure; 3. Few months later, Eichel's agent says "he feels great" and is skating (awesome to hear); 4. Kevyn Adams, mind bogglingly, just when there is some restoration to his value, plays aloof he's even skating; 5. Eichel's camp leaks they expect a trade soon, "... and that has been the main issue" (Not sure if the precise quote is correct, but most reports left that final part out, and I think it's important - it is an issue; 6. Eichel's throws a hissy fit, and now his face is rosy like strawberry. 

This kindergarten seesaw of damaging/recovering/damaging/recovering Eichel's value hurts my brain.  Is his camp that disillusioned these "leaks" are neither helping him nor the Sabres.  I'm not saying trade him now, I think there is a 75% possibility [emphersis (sic) added] that this goes until mid-late August.

Whatever, I got a contract, time to learn to goalie.

Edited by Shmuffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

We asked around, nobody offered anything close to your value, their concerns were your injury. If you want to get out of here I can appreciate that and I will still try to accommodate you but this is what I need from you in order to make that happen. First I need you and your representation to stop whining in the media. It's not helping. Second, you're going to need to play and play well. Third, I need you to waive your NMC for 2022-23 at a minimum because it will hamstring my ability to move you along which, as you've stated, is your priority. If you choose to limit where you want to go, that in turn limits what I am able to get in return for you which then leads us back to this point with you not being traded which is fine with us.  If you don't want to do these things that is up to you but understand you are under contract for the next 5 seasons.  I'd rather have this done for you in an expeditious manner but if you're not going to help me then I can't really help you. 

There ya go, player friendly management.

If I'm him I'm amenable to 1 and 2. #3 is a no. 

I'll come and play hard and do what I can when I'm healthy. But you've got until 7/1/22 to move me otherwise I pick where. 

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ducks beat writer says Anaheim is going after Eichel today.

I know as fans we follow this stuff every day, hour minute, but it is getting exhausting....

Team is out, they are in, they are out, they are back in, now they are out because the price is too high, now then are going after him again.

It wouldn't be so bad following every bit if info....if it didn't feel like more than half it what we hear is not just false...but created as a lie.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lanny said:

If I'm him I'm amenable to 1 and 2. #3 is a no. 

I'll come and play hard and do what I can when I'm healthy. But you've got until 7/1/22 to move me otherwise I pick where. 

He can pick where, but so can the Sabres... if he wants to sit out 4 years, more power to him, enjoy a Russian vacation - maybe he'll win the coveted Putin Diamond Better Than Stanley Hudson Cup Kup in the KHL.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ducks beat writer says Anaheim is going after Eichel today.

HockeyBuzz Headline: 'Anaheim Ducks Beat Hockey Reporter ... Story Developing' E4

Edit. Sorry about that lol.

Edited by Shmuffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So absolutely not Anaheim then. Thx. Got it.

Haha, I replied, but the thread never accepted.. then I saw my tirade (and lord, I sound like Eichel's agent).  I'm going to get some fresh air and break in my new goalie equipment.

Just now, Doohickie said:

....traveling on a Mobius strip:  "Look, I'm moving on!"  *comes back to beginning*

*Live Look at Eichel*

"Ha, whoa, hey! Hey, fellers! This is like real-life Mario Kart 64 Rainbow Road... I wanna go again! Can you call Eliott back, and and and tell him I'm not happy, and this loopity loop is making my neck ache for some reason, tell Elliott I'm dizzy.. got that, dizzy, K - Thanks..."

24 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I know as fans we follow this stuff every day, hour minute, but it is getting exhausting....

Seeing your comment here made me think of how i feel with trading cryptocurrencies 24/7. Now that is exhausting lol... This Jack stuff is entertainment for me. Plus there's also only like a handful of teams to even consider with Jack... makes it easier. All this losing for years & caring game in and game out... thats exhausting lol

• Like (+1) 1