Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

That I agree with.  And I'm biased - I prefer to keep him.  He has generational talent and no one could seriously assert that he's been set up for success by the various coaches and GMs we've seen paraded through here.  A good manager should be able to build around talent and help them find their best self on and off the ice.  If Adams is too insecure to do that, he's the problem, not Jack.  If you can't get a franchise-altering haul for Jack, keep him.

This is where I can find edicts about belt-tightening to believable. It may come from ownership, not Adams. I have no control over either, so I tend to stay neutral until something concrete happens.

I really do see sports as a source of enjoyment and I try not to get caught up in the negativity. Too many real things to be angry about.

• Like (+1) 2

My only fear is that him still being on the team will create some type of media circus, but we will see. If so, at least we’ll still be able to wear our Eichel jerseys a bit longer I suppose. Not that I want to now.

Edited by I-90 W

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

At this point it’s at least 50/50 that he starts the season in Buffalo.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

5% chance at best 

I’m not sure which side is “at least” or “at best” 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

At this point it’s at least 50/50 that he starts the season in Buffalo.  

I’ll buy that. I think KA has found out a broke Jack isn’t worth “Jack”. He may have to show he’s recovered to get out of Hockey Heaven. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

My only fear is that him still being on the team will create some type of media circus, but we will see. If so, at least we’ll still be able to wear our Eichel jerseys a bit longer I suppose. Not that I want to now.

What about my Reinhart?

7 minutes ago, Courier-Express said:

I’ll buy that. I think KA has found out a broke Jack isn’t worth “Jack”. He may have to show he’s recovered to get out of Hockey Heaven. 

Dream scenario:  assets and cap space dry up league wide after tomorrow which, combined with the injury risk, results in zero GMs willing to part with a rich enough package for KA.  

Separately, Eichel realizes that no GM will allow him to have the surgery and undertakes mystical yoga/acupuncture/vegan rehab, which works wonders.  His agent convinces him to show up at camp so he doesn’t look like a brat. Initially, he gives everyone the silent treatment, but He looks amazing on the ice.  He puts up 7 goals and 9 assists in 4 preseason games and suddenly KA’s phone is ringing off the hook.

• Like (+1) 2

Vegas and Minny have created space and Montreal had it created for them.

LA and Calgary have kept their powder dry.

Anaheim could still do it, but have spent their key piece and seem a long shot now.

Rangers have squandered a chip with Buch and some space with Goodrow. They still could, but they have never really seemed serious.

Am I missing anyone?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I would tell Eichel, sign this agreement for your surgery " If you choose to have this surgery, and you are unable to play up to your level of contract you signed, you will repay every cent earned and payed to date. You will sign a new contract for the level of your ability after the surgery. "  If the surgery works and you are a 100% go, when you are healthy we will trade you. 

We are not going to trade you until you are healthy, the ball is in your court son. 

End of story

1 minute ago, stenbaro said:

I would tell Eichel, sign this agreement for your surgery " If you choose to have this surgery, and you are unable to play up to your level of contract you signed, you will repay every cent earned and payed to date. You will sign a new contract for the level of your ability after the surgery. "  If the surgery works and you are a 100% go, when you are healthy we will trade you. 

We are not going to trade you until you are healthy, the ball is in your court son. 

End of story

Oh yeah? 

End of story

Not realistic.

Why is it not realistic? The player does not have the courage to put his money where his mouth is? Or the team is run by a herd of morons? When the tail leads the dog the dog gets hit by a car. Make him sit, or play to his level. 

Why is it not realistic? The player does not have the courage to put his money where his mouth is? Or the team is run by a herd of morons? When the tail leads the dog the dog gets hit by a car. Make him sit, or play to his level. 

Because it's all subjective. What level of play?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Gross. Smith was bad this year. I want one other piece in that

Even if it's just a guy like Brisson

Yea gotta swap out Smith. Makes me think that's Vegas' offer not the Buffalo ask.

• Like (+1) 2