Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The ppg #1 center who's only 24... sure. 

Who is also injured, has only topped 80 points once in his career.  His career BEST finish in the scoring race was 10th, and has never been on-led his team to the playoffs.  I'm not saying he is bad, but many people on this forum treat him as a top 5 player in the league.  That he is not.

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Is there a trade people would be happy with if both Suzuki and Caulfield weren’t included?

Depending on other offers, something built around Suzuki could work for me - I'm not that big on Caulfield compared to him. 

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What the f are we going to do with another LHD? 

I know you guys have kind of tracked this already but the overwhelming response seems to be Dreger never said this and the guy is making it all up.

The Geno guy with a fake last name appears to be one of a few parody insider accounts pushing this stuff. There’s another account backing him up saying he works for a radio station #69 and his account says he has 10 kids. It’s all a trolling thing so we can ignore and not post those accounts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

I’m fine with him having the C on it. But, I would have a heart-to-heart with him about whether he should voluntarily relinquish it. Tell him the requirements of being a C and ask him whether he wants to wear it on his sweater or not. 

I agree he would need to be in a discussion about it.   Having a player who doesn't want to be on a team as a Captain seems wrong.

I can't help but thinks it's a bad move for the young guys.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The Geno guy with a fake last name appears to be one of a few parody insider accounts pushing this stuff. There’s another account backing him up saying he works for a radio station #69 and his account says he has 10 kids. It’s all a trolling thing so we can ignore and not post those accounts.

About as credible as 99% of the stuff posted here 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I think very little of what the "big" insiders say is completely made up. I DO believe it is occasionally but what I believe is that they are often fed false information by people that would know for sometimes nefarious reasons and often for negotiating reasons. Sometimes I believe the insiders go farther than their sources do in connecting dots in order to force things out (whether it works or not I do not know).

Also, the very beginning of this post is also how I feel "I think very little of what the "big" insiders say."

On the track of insiders, here's one: https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/busy-draft-could-lead-to-busy-week#.YP2zigjAMTo.twitter

- Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim and Vegas continue to be in

- Does not believe the Rangers or Wild are in

- Florida and Boston "poked around"

- Some teams want an answer by the start of free agency but, and a lot of people (myself included) will love this, "the Sabres could care less. Pay up or shut up, basically."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

When people here say they have something, the hit rate is way better than 1%.

When we speculate about the Sabres, we do as well as your typical paid hockey pundit.

27 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think very little of what the "big" insiders say is completely made up. I DO believe it is occasionally but what I believe is that they are often fed false information by people that would know for sometimes nefarious reasons and often for negotiating reasons. Sometimes I believe the insiders go farther than their sources do in connecting dots in order to force things out (whether it works or not I do not know).

Also, the very beginning of this post is also how I feel "I think very little of what the "big" insiders say."

On the track of insiders, here's one: https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/busy-draft-could-lead-to-busy-week#.YP2zigjAMTo.twitter

- Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim and Vegas continue to be in

- Does not believe the Rangers or Wild are in

- Florida and Boston "poked around"

- Some teams want an answer by the start of free agency but, and a lot of people (myself included) will love this, "the Sabres could care less. Pay up or shut up, basically."

They should have that sentiment with Reinhart too.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I'm still confused on how. He's a much better player than what he returned. Was it the RFA status?

They did "well" relative to the Rags and Buchnevich. Relative to the what the RFA market seems to look like, Adams may have pulled off a reasonable transaction. That doesn't mean that the trade is a good one for Buffalo, or good value, just potentially a good deal within the context of the market. 

This also assumes a deal has to be made at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Is there a trade people would be happy with if both Suzuki and Caulfield weren’t included?

You hang up on them if Suzuki isn't in the deal like we did with NYR when they offered nobody worth a damn imo. STick with the 4 assets since we don't have to trade Eichel even though I hope we do if the return helps this franchise.

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm still confused on how. He's a much better player than what he returned. Was it the RFA status?

Absolutely it was, you had a player say he wasn't going to play here and still got a 1st round pick and what could be our starting goaltender. Look what Buchnevich got back in the trade for the Rangers, if you go over on twitter or NYR forums some are calling for Drurys head.

• Like (+1) 1