Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

I worked with Brooks when I interned with the NJ Devils in 1996 and even then he was a bitter and salty SOB.

Can't imagine much has changed. He wants Eichel for 60 cents on the dollar, like most Rangers fans.

Just now, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I worked with Brooks when I interned with the NJ Devils in 1996 and even then he was a bitter and salty SOB.

Can't imagine much has changed. He wants Eichel for 60 cents on the dollar, like most Rangers fans, and this proves he is getting impatient

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Can't imagine much has changed. He wants Eichel for 60 cents on the dollar, like most Rangers fans.

Given his medical situation, I understand why they want a discount.  I've said for weeks that his trade value to limited until he gets back on the ice or gets a clean bill of health.  Neither is happening any time soon.  IMHO Reinhart has more trade value right now.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Given his medical situation, I understand why they want a discount.  I've said for weeks that his trade value to limited until he gets back on the ice or gets a clean bill of health.  Neither is happening any time soon.  IMHO Reinhart has more trade value right now.

That doesn't make sense to me.  I know that the argument is being made (at least in the media) but if a team is really concerned about Eichel's health short term or long term then they don't make an offer at all.  He's signed at 10 million for the next 5 years which is quite a commitment in the current salary cap world. 

Reinhart's trade value would increase if he's willing to sign a 6 year deal and I think that he may be open to that if he likes the new team.  Seth Jones has not been willing to sign an extension with any teams (per reports).

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Didn't I read that the reports say he's training & back on the ice?

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Yes, he’s skating and “training hard.”

Of course he is 😉.  It's all posturing.  Jack and is agent realize that they helped make the situation more difficult and that they now have to look like he's fine to make a trade easier.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Digger said:

That doesn't make sense to me.  I know that the argument is being made (at least in the media) but if a team is really concerned about Eichel's health short term or long term then they don't make an offer at all.  He's signed at 10 million for the next 5 years which is quite a commitment in the current salary cap world. 

Reinhart's trade value would increase if he's willing to sign a 6 year deal and I think that he may be open to that if he likes the new team.  Seth Jones has not been willing to sign an extension with any teams (per reports).

I'm sure the medical situation has kept some teams from making an offer.  For many teams, the chance to acquire a bonafide top line center doesn't come around very often and must be explored  They will kick the tires and explore the trade.  They want the medical records so that their doctors can help them make an informed decision.  That's why the Rags let slip they Buffalo hadn't sent them the medical records yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They want the medical records so that their doctors can help them make an informed decision.  That's why the Rags let slip they Buffalo hadn't sent them the medical records yesterday.  

The Rangers know they can see the records as soon as they make a competitive offer.

They let this slip so they have a ready-made excuse to their fanbase if they fail to get Eichel.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

The Rangers know they can see the records as soon as they make a competitive offer.

They let this slip so they have a ready-made excuse to their fanbase if they fail to get Eichel.

Oh I agree.  However I was pointing out that teams do want to see the medical records.  They aren't making offers for Eichel blindly.

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

So I think this Risto trade has upped my expectation a little for the returns Sam and Jack get if traded.

If anything I'm less concerned about them getting bamboozled.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Montreal Canadiens are in on Jack Eichel according to reports

For the record this is the type of wording that I actually believe. Just like Friedman’s tweet earlier about Risto right before it all officially broke. So now I feel like there could be something there.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

For the record this is the type of wording that I actually believe. Just like Friedman’s tweet earlier about Risto right before it all officially broke. So now I feel like there could be something there.

To further what I’m saying here: I am VERY confident the Sabres just leaked that list to Dreger. I believe they know the league is impressed by the Risto return and since Adams doesn’t have a track record to point to he didn’t hold much clout as a negotiator. Well, now he does. So he puts out there that Eichel talk is very active and says give me your best shot.

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

To further what I’m saying here: I am VERY confident the Sabres just leaked that list to Dreger. I believe they know the league is impressed by the Risto return and since Adams doesn’t have a track record to point to he didn’t hold much clout as a negotiator. Well, now he does. So he puts out there that Eichel talk is very active and says give me your best shot.

We needed a little palace intrigue in this process

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

My guess would be working Boldy+Rossi against Zegras against Byfield

• Like (+1) 5