Jason Karmonas/Kevyn Adams Press Conference 4/15/21 2:30

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Karmanos implied there would be scouting changes but not yet as he will take time to understand how the Sabres currently work

Kevyn and Terry drove down and went to the Amerks game last night when Quinn played center. 

I think Karmanos has stronger opinions about the way a scouting department should be constructed than he let on.

But he's careful enough to do his due diligence and savvy enough to not want to make the crew he will be managing unduly uncomfortable.

Comes across as a very measured dude.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I liked him.  He seems pretty sharp, and not like the type of guy who would join a BS organization that isn't committed to winning.

We'll see.

He does seem pretty sharp. I just wonder if his decision was about money vs. the other options he had. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Karmanos implied there would be scouting changes but not yet as he will take time to understand how the Sabres currently work

Kevyn and Terry drove down and went to the Amerks game last night when Quinn played center. 

Road trip!

Driving Jim Carrey GIF by Morgan Creek

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

UPL may play this weekend for Buffalo if healthy. 

Jack Quinn at center, thought he might have the ability to do it when drafted after looking at how he drove his line in the OHL last year. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This all makes it seem like it's a serious positional change consideration for Quinn right now. Very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This all makes it seem like it's a serious positional change consideration for Quinn right now. Very interesting. 

Maybe it wasn’t necessarily BECAUSE Quinn was playing Center. Perhaps it was something else completely different.

Are the nachos good at that arena?How about the parking? Is the In house DJ guy any good? I mean that dude from 97 rock did get fired. It could be a plethora of reasons.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I wouldn’t read too much into Quinn at center. It was more out of necessity then anything.

This.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I certainly heard it more as "We didn't have very many options and we do think he has a skillset that might work there, with the emphasis on the first half.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.