And Fox Sports.

deluca67

"The prediction: The Sabres just don't seem to have the horses to compete. While the salary cap was designed to allow teams like the Sabres to skate on an even playing field with the rest of the league, they weren't able to make the necessary roster moves to ice a winner. Fifth in the Northeast, 14th in the East, missing the playoffs."

At least I'm in decent company. The only media outlet with soemthing nice to say seems to be the Sabres flagship station WGR. The"objective" obsever seems to have an opposite opinion of this team.

Lol well i see where there coming from... lets face it... on paper we didn't really improve as has been stated time and time again... we actually lost talent... but before people make predictions they need to watch a few regular season games... and who are broad hockey anaylists to make a detailed write up on our team... they probably spend maybe an hour researching whats going on and the histroy behind our management... i wouldn't put to much stock into it everyone... lets just all relax and wait for the season to start... trust me if we suck... ill let everyone know it... ill be right behind DeLuca 100% of the way because ya know... he was right... on the other hand if we do have a compeitive team then thats awsome... either way im a sabres fan for life...

The USA Today guy mentioned that he likes Buffalo's team speed, and if everything goes the way it could, we've got a shot at the playoffs. Isn't that the way it always is though? Some teams look great on paper then totally fall apart. I mean who honestly gives a crap about what the so called "experts" think? I don't think anyone predicted the Hurricanes in the finals a few years ago. The season is long and many things can happen.

The USA Today guy mentioned that he likes Buffalo's team speed, and if everything goes the way it could, we've got a shot at the playoffs. Isn't that the way it always is though? Some teams look great on paper then totally fall apart. I mean who honestly gives a crap about what the so called "experts" think? I don't think anyone predicted the Hurricanes in the finals a few years ago. The season is long and many things can happen.

yea i just absolutely love it when the experts get proven wrong and none of them saw it coming... to bad tv still makes them look professional... ah well... not much we can do.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you followed the 'Power Rankings' in the past? If the Sabres go 1 and 1 in the next two they would drop 10 spots. Watch. I hope they beat the Lightning . But if they don't watch them fall. You can get whiplash by following it.

thats true... i tend not to follow those things... one good win streak can have you at the top of the leauge and a 4 game losing streak can send you right to the bottom... kinda misleading

I forget where it was exactly, but outside of the Buffalo News, I have only seen one place that thought the Sabres were going to be in the playoff hunt this year.

It's not like Fox was out in left field with regards to their preseason take on the Sabres.

yeah honestly... did any of us even think the sabres would have come out they way they have? Need i look up the old satan threads about how we gave him away? I think that everyone, including the media, is very pleasantly suprised by the play of the sabres.

yeah honestly...  did any of us even think the sabres would have come out they way they have?  Need i look up the old satan threads about how we gave him away?  I think that everyone, including the media, is very pleasantly suprised by the play of the sabres.

You're right. I certainly did not expect what I'm seeing. I hoped for it, but was not expecting it. (Sort of the opposite of what the Bills are doing, eh?) It's still way too early to make playoff predictions, but how can you not be excited about the Sabres? The only knock so far is their power-play, especially 5-on-3. Have they scored a goal yet with a 2-man advantage?

PTR

"The prediction: The Sabres just don't seem to have the horses to compete. While the salary cap was designed to allow teams like the Sabres to skate on an even playing field with the rest of the league, they weren't able to make the necessary roster moves to ice a winner. Fifth in the Northeast, 14th in the East, missing the playoffs."

At least I'm in decent company. The only media outlet with soemthing nice to say seems to be the Sabres flagship station WGR. The"objective" obsever seems to have an opposite opinion of this team.

When I saw this team during open practices, I thought 11th or 12th place. Now I've seen them play, and I'm thinking 7th or 8th, and I'm pretty happy about it. Anxious to see how the Sabres play the Habs, Leafs and Devils, and I'd like to see another game against each of the Bruins and Sens. If the Sabres can take 8 points out of a five-game set like that one, I'm ready to modify my expectation to 2d or 3d. 6 or 7 points? 4th-5th.

Archived