GDT: Sabres at Capitals 4-15-21 @7PM

spndnchz

10 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Of course....Ralph will tell any one who will listen that he set them up for success and if he would have only stayed a little longer it would have all turned around

Dahlin, Joki and Skinner will strenuously argue otherwise. It would be difficult to name one player who isn't playing better under Granato than Krueger. You don't need analytics to recognize the demarcation point between a team that is moribund and then quickly becoming a team that is revitalized. This is a case where you simply need to trust your eyes. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

One of my favorite parts of last night (read upthread somewhere I think?) was that Eakin and Reider were stapled to the bench for the last 10 mins of the third.

Thank you coach.

At that point their third linemate (Okposo) was out for the game, and all three of the other lines didn't just have chemistry, they had nuclear fusion.  The last usage I noticed of those two was playing them with Reino, and to be honest that line had NO chemistry.

15 hours ago, Norcal said:

I could get used to Bjork and Mittlestadt on the PK. Nice shot Casey. 2nd period.

I keep going back to the shorthanded goal.  In the interview between periods, Casey said he was looking for Bjork to pass to him.  But when you watch the replay, Mitts is skating crazy fast.  The pass that sprung him was vertical:  Bjork was about 25 feet behind Mitts when he made the pass and while he skated hard and kept up with Mitts, he was never going to be more than a trailer on that play possibly picking up loose change in the crease.  Casey did the right thing to shoot and not try to involve Bjork.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I keep going back to the shorthanded goal.  In the interview between periods, Casey said he was looking for Bjork to pass to him.  But when you watch the replay, Mitts is skating crazy fast.  The pass that sprung him was vertical:  Bjork was about 25 feet behind Mitts when he made the pass and while he skated hard and kept up with Mitts, he was never going to be more than a trailer on that play possibly picking up loose change in the crease.  Casey did the right thing to shoot and not try to involve Bjork.

If he's shooting like that he should never pass from there

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

If he's shooting like that he should never pass from there

But in a situation like that, he's learned to check out his options and if the pass is there, make it.  I like it:  Pass first, but if it's not there, shoot it.  Similar to his goal against the Rags.... pass first, but make the right decision and shoot.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But in a situation like that, he's learned to check out his options and if the pass is there, make it.  I like it:  Pass first, but if it's not there, shoot it.  Similar to his goal against the Rags.... pass first, but make the right decision and shoot.

He's getting more comfortable with the puck on his stick, I look forward to seeing what he does next.

The fact that they are getting the odd man rushes and countering is exciting to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

One of my favorite parts of last night (read upthread somewhere I think?) was that Eakin and Reider were stapled to the bench for the last 10 mins of the third.

Thank you coach.

Somewhere, Ralph Krueger threw his remote control through the television, got up and rage quit the game!😀

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.