GDT: Sabres at Capitals 4-15-21 @7PM

spndnchz

37 minutes ago, darksabre said:

So the Sabres don't get any credit for capitalizing on a team that didn't show up ready to play? 

Good teams get credit for that kind of thing.

I didn't say that, smh.

Sure they played a great game, took advantage of a sluggish Caps squad.  I loved how they played.

But, lets be honest, the Caps are the cream of the crop in the Mass Mutual East Division, they simply didn't show up tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

I just finished watching the game.  Some quick thoughts.

Irwin should never play NHL hockey again.

The kids up front really stepped up tonight.  That was Cozens best game in a while.  The ATM was creating O, killing penalties and Granato’s guys with the game on the line late.  Dahlin is also playing like the kid we thought we drsfted

I thought Bjork had a really nice game as well.

Congrats to Togarski on his first win since 2015.  He is so much better then Hutton.   

That was a lot of fun. Wash may have been sluggish, but the kids out hit and out skated them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, yes I did😁.  I also said RK sucked when hired.

2 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

@GASabresIUFAN have the lotto numbers? I'm trying to buy a house.

I just bought tickets tonight. I let you know if I win.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

29 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just saw a tweet that Tokarski pointed to the sky at the horn.  It was his first win since his father had died and he dedicated the win to him.

I saw this as well.  There are moments in hockey that transcend my pettiness.  First games, first goals, and something like this. The kid (god I am old now) has been hanging around for years in the game and tonight he finally won a game and he honors his father demonstrating how long he's carried that baggage. I can't not be happy for him. Granted it helps that he did it with the Sabres and on a night like this.

I was going other things tonight and had the game streaming on the side.  Here's what I know... my son came down barreling downstairs a few times and asking me "Did you see that?", "Are you watching?"... I'm at a point where I can draw energy from his excitement.

Just let the team keep this up.  No way I can complain at the moment.  It might not be everything it needs to be in the long term, but for this season it's what fans and players need.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

49262745637_ec3d3e5b75_z.jpg

Love this.

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

wicked hands

Absolutely.

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Reinhart just accidentally happens to be at the right place at the right time with his stick up in the air… Classic Reinhart

I really hope that is sarcasm.

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I don’t really mind Dunleavy.  He does the bare minimum and is rather dull.  He kind of blends into the background.  I often find Ray annoying though.

I like Ray. He's a meathead sometimes and really smart other times.

3 hours ago, Cheektorado said:

I'm not bad mouthing Sam at all but I don't think he has played many games in his years as a Sabre with the team playing this fast and intense.  I have watched the last few games as to his play and I see it's speeding up slowly but surely.  I want to see Jack's game do the same when he comes back!

This is a great take

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just leaving this here...🙄

standings.jpg

Why?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

The pride DG feels in this group of players is obvious.

Also, you can see he's living his dream.  He's not worrying about whether he might be a candidate for the permanent HC job, he's just living in the moment.

I know for a fact this is true. He doesn't love how he got here, but he absolutely wants to make the most of it.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk who is wearing #37 but if it's Mitts, he's got a heart transplant

2 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

Who had Mittelstadt resurrecting himself from clear bust to top 6 leader on their bingo card?

I sure as ***** didn't.

I did. Others did, too. Mostly because we never thought he was a clear bust.

Other notes.

Washington is old. Still pretty dern good, but old.

I really like Reinhart.

Other than the Dahlin "hook' the officiating was okay (Risto slew footed while simultaneously elbowing a guy into the boards with the ref looking right at him. it was awesome.)

I'm Homogenic for Bjork.

Really fun game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

You ask me if I’m being sarcastic, but not Curt? C’mon! 😂

If you are keeping score at home, I’ve been on team Reinhart since he was drafted 👍🏼

Sorry. I did a quick read through of the GDT. I must have missed what Curt said. I'm not going back to read it.😀

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

I didn't say that, smh.

Sure they played a great game, took advantage of a sluggish Caps squad.  I loved how they played.

But, lets be honest, the Caps are the cream of the crop in the Mass Mutual East Division, they simply didn't show up tonight.

They still would’ve beaten RK’s Sabres 😆😂

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

One thing stuck out to me watching tonight.

The forecheck, notably Asplund and R2, puts alot more pressure on the D because of their speed, positioning and stick work. 

Totally agree.  They have really impressed me with their tenacity.  We have been missing this for far too long.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just saw a tweet that Tokarski pointed to the sky at the horn.  It was his first win since his father had died and he dedicated the win to him.

That’s wonderful.

This also explains, I think, why Dunleavy seemed on the verge of tears when he called the closing seconds.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.