GDT: Sabres at Capitals 4-15-21 @7PM

spndnchz

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Granato’s Sly Smile when talking about the Cozens Line Tonight.

200.gif

I like that he put Bjork and Ruotsalainen in a position to succeed right off the bat by playing them with the Workhorse

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Everything Granato says in his interviews just makes sense. I'm starting to buy in. Screw it. 

Well it was a two margarita* night for me tonight, and the Sabres won, so I'm inclined to agree with you.

*when I make a margarita at home, I fill a pint glass about 2/3 with ice, almost cover it with tequila, then top it with margarita mix.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

Well it was a two margarita* night for me tonight, and the Sabres won, so I'm inclined to agree with you.

*when I make a margarita at home, I fill a pint glass about 2/3 with ice, almost cover it with tequila, then top it with margarita mix.

I had a Soviet film night and put the game on when my movie was over, so I've had...some vodka. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Tell you what, I've been watching his pressers and he's growing on me. I don't know if he's the guy to take them a long way, but he's a regular guy, a hockey guy, that's getting through to his players at a time when they could have easily death-spiraled into oblivion. All I know is he seems to be the right guy for these guys right now.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of giving him next year to see what could happen.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Tell you what, I've been watching his pressers and he's growing on me. I don't know if he's the guy to take them a long way, but he's a regular guy, a hockey guy, that's getting through to his players at a time when they could have easily death-spiraled into oblivion. All I know is he seems to be the right guy for these guys right now.

right now clare GIF by YoungerTV

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I like that he put Bjork and Ruotsalainen in a position to succeed right off the bat by playing them with the Workhorse

He seems to be very savvy in establishing his lines.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Who had Mittelstadt resurrecting himself from clear bust to top 6 leader on their bingo card?

I sure as ***** didn't.

I stressed patience. It could have just as easily went the other way with him. Glad he’s taking strides in the right direction and gaining confidence. I’ll be happy if he tops out at a solid 2nd liner. Surprised and pumped if it’s more.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I'm starting to warm to the idea of giving him next year to see what could happen.

Giving him one year is the perfect answer.  Remove the Interim tag.  If he continues to improve the team, keep him going.  If he plateaus, maybe you bring in a more proven coach.

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

Why does it have to be nefarious? Why couldn’t it be he was a good guy, who did his best and fell flat on his face?

Because I honestly believe he's a liar and a con man.  He's a bullshitter with nothing to back it up.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SDS said:

Why does it have to be nefarious? Why couldn’t it be he was a good guy, who did his best and fell flat on his face?

He’s a great guy, who is smart but wasn’t smart enough to apply his best. 

Many intellectuals are their own worst enemy. Hopefully he writes a book about it that is only in German. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

They played that entire empty net sequence perfectly.

Yes they did. The kids were hungry

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Got a big smile on my face cause with the empty net we were frustrating the caps like I've seen happen so many times this season.....to the Sabres

First time in a long time it has felt like we aren't wasting the end of the season. 

There are too many good things to say about Cozens. Dude pushes his boundaries outward each game to see what he can and can't do yet, and he can do more every time he tries it, and he doesn't need to be reminded to try it. I struggle to imagine Bergeron playing the game like this at age 20. 

All the right guys are showing all the right signs. We're allowed to have this?!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Nice win, they had their foot on the gas for 60min.   

But...

IMO, and I'll prolly get crucified for this, the outcome was a product of the Caps simply not showing up to play.

So the Sabres don't get any credit for capitalizing on a team that didn't show up ready to play? 

Good teams get credit for that kind of thing.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

There was some of that.  Caps were sloppy.

Caps were sloppy because we made them sloppy.  The Sabres took time and space away from them all night.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Good teams get credit for that kind of thing.

Oh, so we're a good team now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.