Jack Eichel prefers Surgery on neck injury; done for the season.

LGR4GM

speaking of injuries HNIC has posted that Kyle O has yet another concussion. Poor guy tries so hard. Maybe this time is THE time to hang them up? Of course we said that last year too and he keeps coming back. Such a great competitor who truly loves the sport...

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

speaking of injuries HNIC has posted that Kyle O has yet another concussion. Poor guy tries so hard. Maybe this time is THE time to hang them up? Of course we said that last year too and he keeps coming back. Such a great competitor who truly loves the sport...

Okposo buyout and Eakin waiving should be amongst the first moves this summer.

Β 

Respect to Okposo, just like Moulson before him. Good guy, represented the Sabres incredibly well. However, the ability to play the NHL game isn't there anymore, and hasn't been for some time. The sunk-cost fallacy won't change that, Terry.

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gabrielor said:

Okposo buyout and Eakin waiving should be amongst the first moves this summer.

Β 

Respect to Okposo, just like Moulson before him. Good guy, represented the Sabres incredibly well. However, the ability to play the NHL game isn't there anymore, and hasn't been for some time. The sunk-cost fallacy won't change that, Terry.

I would have agreed with you a few weeks ago while KO just skatedΒ around slowly, turning the puck over alot BUT he has been pretty darn ok lately.Β 

That being said, next years team does not have a place for him.Β 

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What do those moves do for us cap-wise, assuming Eakin isn't claimed?

In Eakin's case, just a 1.075 mil cap save I think.

For Okposo,

image.thumb.png.45f63f77781d3b0bb738e6fee477c92e.png

Β 

My reasons for wanting it don't really have to do with the cap though, it's for roster spots (and respect to Okposo I guess in not sending him to Rochester)

• Thanks (+1) 1

could we not put Kyle on long-term disabled if he has a concussion the way other teams do to get rid of salary off the books? Does he not have just one more year after this? If we could get rid of his salary that would really help moving forward (and yes please buy out Eakin)

3 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

could we not put Kyle on long-term disabled if he has a concussion the way other teams do to get rid of salary off the books? Does he not have just one more year after this? If we could get rid of his salary that would really help moving forward (and yes please buy out Eakin)

Okposo has 2 years after this.

Just now, Sabre fan said:

Kyle loves the game and he seemed to be a part of this turn around. If this is another concussion he needs to seriously consider his health now and in the future and make informed decisions.

The LTIR decision would greatly help the Sabres for the next few years. There would be money for Dahlin and Reinhart plus. The possibility of making hockey trades for talent while taking on salary would exist as well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Kyle loves the game and he seemed to be a part of this turn around. If this is another concussion he needs to seriously consider his health now and in the future and make informed decisions.

The LTIR decision would greatly help the Sabres for the next few years. There would be money for Dahlin and Reinhart plus. The possibility of making hockey trades for talent while taking on salary would exist as well.

funny I do think the team would miss him in the room and on the ice...maybe he could become an assistant coach? And yes freeing up salary to sign Sam and Dahlin would be great. I still see and hear some wanting to trade Sam but al the guy does is play every year mostly injury free and quietly puts up nice numbers. I look to sign him for 5 years at $5 to 6mil? That would be great!

Edited by Sabre fan

• LGR4GM changed the title to Jack Eichel prefers Surgery on neck injury; done for the season.
6 minutes ago, Radar said:

I didn't hear Sabres say one way or the other just he's going to be reevaluated.

That's true. My mistake. It's seems it was obviously coming though I wonder why they didn't confirm before Elliot had twice

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t remember that story.

My hazy memory says Perreault once said, probably after retiring, that it would have been better for him if he'd been traded to Montreal in the late 70s for Lafleur. It's been mentioned over the years that the trade was on the table, but the Nixes knoxed it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.