Jack Eichel prefers Surgery on neck injury; done for the season.

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Did you edit this photo

i did not. it's possible someone else did. i am looking for video from that rangers game - that's apparently where it's from. i recall jack recoiling in pain at one point as a trainer tried to work out (or test?) his neck.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to Jack Eichel needs surgery; done for year
12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Thread title could use a well placed comma 

2 minutes ago, 3putt said:

You win the internet for 4/14/2021. Congratulations.

Let’s eat Grandma!

I opted for the semicolon instead.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Jack at 100% next season will be great. He's had so many lingering injuries that he's played through, it will be nice to see him at full strength. It's gonna be a, dare I say it, "New Jack".

He gets hurt every year and has since his rookie season 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

i did not. it's possible someone else did. i am looking for video from that rangers game - that's apparently where it's from. i recall jack recoiling in pain at one point as a trainer tried to work out (or test?) his neck.

That was the immediate aftermath of the play behind the Islanders' net on 3/7, Jack's last game. I hope "treatment" didn't make things worse.

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Whatever the play was behind the net.

I don't recall a crosscheck to the neck. I'll try to find the video. It wasn't a big deal of a play. Certainly not a penalty TTBOMR.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

That was the immediate aftermath of the play behind the Islanders' net on 3/7, Jack's last game. I hope "treatment" didn't make things worse.

I don't recall a crosscheck to the neck. I'll try to find the video. It wasn't a big deal of a play. Certainly not a penalty TTBOMR.

It was the guy's stick, pinning his neck to the glass.

27 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Jack at 100% next season will be great. He's had so many lingering injuries that he's played through, it will be nice to see him at full strength. It's gonna be a, dare I say it, "New Jack".

So what you're saying is he is going to have "Natural Born Killaz" playing the whole time he is on the ice?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't remember the play to the extent of where the opponent's stick was, but I do remember the reaction Jack had to the trainer on the bench afterwards. If looks could kill the training staff would have an open position. 

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Ok, I'll buy you a sixer of Genny screamers then, 😆 You'll really hate me then. 

Will my Tums be sufficient? 

Look at the urban dictionary result says: don't count on it

It can't be that much worse than a car bomb shot and I'm a vet there

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm sure the Rangers will enjoy that. And we can probably enjoy Strome and a second

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

1 hour ago, 3putt said:

I don't remember the play to the extent of where the opponent's stick was, but I do remember the reaction Jack had to the trainer on the bench afterwards. If looks could kill the training staff would have an open position. 

The more I think about it, I don't think that was any form of treatment. I think it was a diagnostic test of some kind -- as in, confirming that Jack's neck was jacked the fu*k up.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish Jack all the best and that he gets all the support he needs to get to a good place so he can play well again. I'm very concerned about neck injuries in general though and also about Jack's mental state with the setback and all the losing.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

For whatever reason that's stuck in my mind...it was kinda sad to see a trainer or whoever that was poking around at the back of our captain and see him wince in obvious pain. I hope they knew what they were doing and I'm sure it didn't actually contribute or anything but it didn't look like Jack was expecting that to happen, for one. I'm worried that's one of the last mental images I'll have of him being a Sabre. 

Edited by Thorny

• LGR4GM changed the title to Jack Eichel needs surgery; done for the season.
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.