GDT: Buffalo at Boston Apr. 13, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

Skinner - Reinhart - Olofsson

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Ruotsalainen - Cozens - Bjork

Rieder - Eakin - Okposo

Line-up looks reasonably fun to look at, in a development sense, in the top 9. Eakin jumps out horrendously on L4. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Rieder - Eakin - Okposo

Line-up looks reasonably fun to look at, in a development sense, in the top 9. Eakin jumps out horrendously on L4. 

Yeah.  Slide Jack into Sam’s slot and put Sam in Eakins spot and we are all of a sudden talking about an NHL lineup.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Rieder - Eakin - Okposo

Swap Caggiula for Eakin and make it interesting

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Does that mean Kyle to the checking line and one of the checkers sitting?

That would be ideal actually.

18 minutes ago, Norcal said:

His new team will probably stick up for him even if the hits are clean I'm betting. 

Bring it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah.  Slide Jack into Sam’s slot and put Sam in Eakins spot and we are all of a sudden talking about an NHL lineup.  

Honestly, keep Reinhart at 1rw, get Olofsson  out of the top 6 where he really shouldn't be and to L3 to beat out Bjork if he can. 

Replace Eakin with a proper checking C in the offseason. (And at least 1 top 6 w)

But I agree - it's looking more palatable to the eye lately as others have said, too. 

I love that Sam looks like a legit fill-in option at C but I wouldn't head into any season with him penciled in there, not saying you were necessarily suggesting that. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Rieder - Eakin - Okposo

I'd rather see Sheehan in place of Eakin but whatever.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Doohickie said:

I'd rather see Sheehan in place of Eakin but whatever.

I'd rather play a Pee wee midget 15 year from bantam over Eakin.  We all cannot get what we want.  At least Eakin is not our 3rd line center.  God, that was absymal.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Honestly, keep Reinhart at 1rw, get Olofsson  out of the top 6 where he really shouldn't be and to L3 to beat out Bjork if he can. 

Replace Eakin with a proper checking C in the offseason. (And at least 1 top 6 w)

But I agree - it's looking more palatable to the eye lately as others have said, too. 

I love that Sam looks like a legit fill-in option at C but I wouldn't head into any season with him penciled in there, not saying you were necessarily suggesting that. 

This, if R2 is legit, VO and RR become the chips you use to make this line up complete.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Norcal said:

With these players playing their former teams so quickly after the trade there is bound to be some emotions in play tonight 

This may rate 100 for the fans, but I bet it rates a flat zero for former teammates.

Traded players seem to be amazing the first time they step on the ice with their new teams, before falling into whatever groove they get themselves in.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

We're starting to build up some serious depth when a player the quality of Riley Sheahan can't get in the lineup..........Oh wait....Eakin has pictures I forgot

I mean, he was a PTO to start the year

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

This may rate 100 for the fans, but I bet it rates a flat zero for former teammates.

Traded players are seem to be amazing the first time they step on the ice with their new team, before falling into whatever groove they get themselves in.

Steve Bernier......scores!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:02 PM, Thorny said:

I mean, he was a PTO to start the year

Steve Bernier......scores!!!!

Exactly. There’s a whole slew of examples. Even Eric Staal scored when he went to Montreal. He’s a nothing burger again now.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Obviously with Sam’s FO %, he can’t play center in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

We seem positively giddy compared to the sturm und drang of doom and gloom of yesterday.  I would guess icing an almost legit NHL line-up has helped.

Yeah, but if the Bruins make mince meat of this roster we'll all be doom and gloom again tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

I think his team-relative FO% is even worse

If this discussion on FO% is legitimate, Sam could easily up his numbers tremendously in one off-season. Taking face offs does not require some elite gift. It’s just practice.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.