GDT: Buffalo at Boston Apr. 13, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Great.

What I was thinking about was how likely it WAS to happen, I understand that because it happened, it happened. 

I know.  I was just being a d1ck.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Is this another joke? lol 

If not, SDS is not very good at math.

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If my brother can't go I'll have an extra ticket. But you'll need a vax card to get in.

No, he won't, unless that is a condition you are putting on him sitting next to you.

He needs to have his contact info given to the Sabres by you and then he'll need to fill out a health questionnaire the morning of the game and then either have the vax card completed by 4/3/21 (14 days prior to game time), a negative PCR test taken no earlier than today at 3PM, or the 15 minute test taken the day of the game (30 minute turn around officially, though it was closer to 3 hours last Friday).  He will also need to enter the rink with you.

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

RE:  Mitts.  Premature to "give him the C" but he definitely seems to be in control of his own line pretty well and is leading by example.

Oh I'm not saying Mitts gets the C, but the leadership angle is an interesting question.  With Eichel not around maybe the kids are feeling open to assume the kind of roles they might have had at lower levels. With Eichel in the room wearing the C there's maybe a little step back and let the man be the man (on the ice and off). I guess ultimately, despite his obvious huge talent, I'm really wondering if we're not better off building a new team without him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'm glad Granato is running this team and not you 😛  You could see the adjustments made in the 3rd period; 

I agree with this. I have noticed that Granato is much more involved as the game unfolds (as a coach should be) rather than Ralph's stick to the game plan regardless of what happens on the ice method. If it was a "method". Line matching for example is much better and somewhat fluid. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh I'm not saying Mitts gets the C, but the leadership angle is an interesting question.  With Eichel not around maybe the kids are feeling open to assume the kind of roles they might have had at lower levels. With Eichel in the room wearing the C there's maybe a little step back and let the man be the man (on the ice and off). I guess ultimately, despite his obvious huge talent, I'm really wondering if we're not better off building a new team without him. 

Oh I know and I fully agree.  I said in a comment in the last week or so that in a way, the team growing without Eichel leading them might be a good thing.  Nothing against Eichel but it seems like the whole team has looked at him as The Messiah and, as you say, defer to him too much. 

I might also say that Tage looks like he's trying a turn at protector.  He fought last game, tried to get into a scrap or two in the last few games.  Just like with his hockey moves, though, he needs to learn to do that with that big, gangly body of his.  But I like that he stepped up the other night.

I get the sense that for the rest of the season at least, the ATM line is sacred.  I can't see Granato breaking it up and they're playing well as a unit, the best line on the team right now in my opinion... and that's not just because of injuries; they're really figuring it out.

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I might also say that Tage looks like he's trying a turn at protector.  He fought last game, tried to get into a scrap or two in the last few games.  Just like with his hockey moves, though, he needs to learn to do that with that big, gangly body of his.  But I like that he stepped up the other night.

Definitely. I have to assume they've told him his path to success is by using that body more. Or he's read all of us 🙂 but whatever, I think he knows what he needs to do now. I don't really want him fighting though (except when necessary) . What I do want from him is to start finishing his checks. Too many times still he's in on the forecheck and sticks out that long stick but backs away near the boards. He has to start pounding a few D men into them now and again to wear them down and perhaps get a turnover. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.