GDT: Buffalo at Boston Apr. 13, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

Small sample size, very small and it might be because of the emotion of facing his old team BUT if Bjork can skate like that and create with the puck on his stick, he is going to score some points for this team.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Was going to ask about this, I saw just enough to make me think he might have been goading a Bruin but never saw a replay. Funny!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahlin, Bryson, and maybe one day Laaksonen. Imagine having a guy walk the line on every D pairing. Those are some of my favorite plays in hockey 

Quite a Birthday present to himself

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Missed the Ulmark siteation. What happened to Linus ?

Unsure, was laboring when getting to his feet, went to the bench during a commercial break in the first period and Tokarski was in net when we came back.

Said to be favoring his right leg. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

That's a low blow, lol. First game jitters, he gets a pass this game. The assist cancels the failed finish. 

Bjork missed two chances in the game to bury a goal. 

Skinner has at least 2 a game that he misses, so Bjork will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just finished the game.

I'd like to thank Lazar for tipping in the shot for us.  I'd also like to thank Taylor Hall for giving the Bruins exactly what he gave us. Nothing.

I'd also like to thank Bjork for showing the great hands he has shown throughout his pro career.

It was the best OT the Sabres have played this year.  Also I again liked that the Sabres worked hard and played themselves back into the game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just finished the game.

I'd like to thank Lazar for tipping in the shot for us.  I'd also like to thank Taylor Hall for giving the Bruins exactly what he gave us. Nothing.

I'd also like to thank Bjork for showing the great hands he has shown throughout his pro career.

It was the best OT the Sabres have played this year.  Also I again liked that the Sabres worked hard and played themselves back into the game.

It’s interesting to watch a team with youth like Cozens, R2, Mitts, Tage, Bjork, Olof, Asplund, Dahlin, Bryson, and Joki plus an AHL goalie and an interim coach play a LOT better than a lineup that had Eichel, McCabe, Staal, Hall, Montour, Lazar, Hutts, and RK as coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I have to admit Taylor Hall’s game has gotten much worse since his MVP season. Guy isn’t going to command anywhere near what he got this year.

The saddest moment in the game is when they showed him at the very end of the bench, and nobody was talking to him. 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That may have been the most emotionally satisfying shootout loss in years.

The Bruins will try to characterize it as a game where they manned up and pulled out a victory in after taking their foot of the gas.

But that's not what happened at all.

They tried to bully us into tucking tail and running right out of the arena. We took it on the chin, wiped off the blood and came back with everything we had. They didn't give us an, opening we took it.

And by the end we had them on the ropes.

That was the closest thing to playoff-style hockey this franchise has seen in years and the boys looked like they want t\some more.

I know I do.

Well, lucky for you, the Sabres have 5 more games against the Rat and his collection of garbage, including 3 games in 4 days next week. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

20 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I have to admit Taylor Hall’s game has gotten much worse since his MVP season. Guy isn’t going to command anywhere near what he got this year.

After what we've seen from him this season, maybe Hall plays himself into being just cheap enough that the B's lock him into a 6+ year deal.  THAT would be sweet.

Hall pre & post knee injury is not the same player.  Wouldn't it be sweet if the B's don't fully figure it out just like AZ & Buffalo didn't figure it out soon enough?

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Well, lucky for you, the Sabres have 5 more games against the Rat and his collection of garbage, including 3 games in 4 days next week. 

They might need to call up Dalton Smith just in case the Bruins keep taking cheap shots at the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Dahlin was talking like he's looking forward to it, that he liked how both teams were pushing the game to a higher level. That's the kind of attitude that this team needs. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

After what we've seen from him this season, maybe Hall plays himself into being just cheap enough that the B's lock him into a 6+ year deal.  THAT would be sweet.

Hall pre & post knee injury is not the same player.  Wouldn't it be sweet if the B's don't fully figure it out just like AZ & Buffalo didn't figure it out soon enough?

I would love it if the Bruins tied themselves to that lead balloon.

It’s weird though.  You’re right that Hall is a different guy since the injury, but he still seems pretty fast and strong on his skates to me.  It looks more like he’s lost his hands and his timing.  The mojo is gone and what’s left is flash, dash and empty shifts.

Separately, I only saw the 3rd period plus OT, but that was a pretty exciting and hard-fought chunk of a hockey game.  The difference post RK in guys like Joki, Dahlin, Mitts and, yes, Skinner is enormous.  And I freaking love Cozens.

Make the right moves this summer and I will be raring to go in the fall. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.