GDT: Buffalo at Boston Apr. 13, 2021 • 7:00PM ET MSG-B WGR

Doohickie

Well that was fun. For a while it looked like we would fold against the tight checking but there was some bounce back and in the end it was pretty even. 

I watched the Bruins broadcast to see what they said about the ex Sabres and they really love Lazar already. And why not? Their 4th line much better than ours.

I don't think Bruins will do anything this season though. Pasternak seems to have totally lost his mojo and the core looks old. Hall, wasn't spectacular but he definitely looked more engaged and interested than he did in Buffalo. The bastard played us.

We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOFT though. Kudos to Tage but that was damn near suicide. I will say it was nice to see us NOT fold against the physicality. They tried to take away our will to live but we played on, even if we were getting pushed around pretty badly. We need to get tougher . Nothing new there.

Has Mitts always stood off to the side on the exit? Is he becoming a leader? Intriguing. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Found it interesting that after the first period, the Sabres just got more and more feisty. 

One and only reason to have a pairing of Miller and Irwin. This year only. They need their physical style. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bruins always turn up the dial on us like that, and this was the best response I've seen from us to this, even if it was obvious we were not used to it and not as strong/good at it. After a few shifts of this, Boston cooled down and had to get back to playing hockey, and we outscored them 1-0 the rest of the way. 

A positive sign. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm curious to see both replaced by Samuelsson (he's looking better) and Borgen.

Laaksonen is coming along nicely as well. 

It would be nice to see these young stay at home types balance out the offensive D, but they also need a strong vet or 2 to help all of these kids on D. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dahlin, accidentally I assume, celebrating with Lazar on the tying goal was great.

Was going to ask about this, I saw just enough to make me think he might have been goading a Bruin but never saw a replay. Funny!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahlin, Bryson, and maybe one day Laaksonen. Imagine having a guy walk the line on every D pairing. Those are some of my favorite plays in hockey 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.