Sportsnet says Mitts is in play!

GASabresIUFAN

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would trade Mitts as the key "young talent" element in a blockbuster that brings in a core player.

Just like I would have before he started playing well.

Aren't you tired of bring in core player like Skinner, Hall, Kane, Bogo, Staal, Okposo, Montour, Miller, Hutton etc... Why don't we just let the kids play for once and see what they can do.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Aren't you tired of bring in core player like Skinner, Hall, Kane, Bogo, Staal, Okposo, Montour, Miller, Hutton etc... Why don't we just let the kids play for once and see what they can do.

I think you and I have a different take on "core player"

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And by kids, you mean ones who aren't named Girgensons, Girgorenko, Ristolainen, Zadorov, McCabe, Reinhart, Eichel, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Dahlin and Cozens?

in my desperate search to find anything negative so I can scream at the world… I heard I heard I heard… So I’m going to rage against it and get my pitch fork out… In fact I think I’ll make a fire out of a couple of cars down the street. I’m going to yell at the sky later too.

oh wait… None of that is true?… Boy what a waste of time that was. Sorry about the fires.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And by kids, you mean ones who aren't named Girgensons, Girgorenko, Ristolainen, Zadorov, McCabe, Reinhart, Eichel, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Dahlin and Cozens?

I'm talking about here right now.  No more bringing in Staal, Hall, KO or Skinner or Sheahan or Rieder or Eakin or Montour or Miller.  Lets use what we got and now and next season.  Lets give Jokiharju, Thompson, Cozens, Asplund, R2, Mitts, Bryson and Borgen a real chance to establish themselves in the NHL with our core of Ullmark, Reinhart, Risto, Dahlin and Eichel and see what happens.  

PS Weren't Zadorov (67 games w Sabres), Nylander (19 games) and Grigorenko (68 games) (also McNabb) sent packing before they were established? Also weren't Risto, McCabe, Z, Grigorenko, and Zadorov all DR picks and pre full tank?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As long as Sportsnet is TO based they will have an anti Buffalo bias and want to see the Sabres (continue to) do stupid things.

Won't worry about this until we see he's been traded.

I wont even worry about it until we see the return. Mitts is definitely not "untouchable" 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm talking about here right now.  No more bringing in Staal, Hall, KO or Skinner or Sheahan or Rieder or Eakin or Montour or Miller.  Lets use what we got and now and next season.  Lets give Jokiharju, Thompson, Cozens, Asplund, R2, Mitts, Bryson and Borgen a real chance to establish themselves in the NHL with our core of Ullmark, Reinhart, Risto, Dahlin and Eichel and see what happens.  

You may have a point re: the more bottom 6-ish players you mentioned. Evidence suggests we'd be better off with young internals than the garbage depth we've been brininging in. To me Staal, Hall, KO and Skinner represent something different, though, something you have to keep trying for if you can get it - true top 6 upgrades (the perception when we acquired them). The evaluation was bad in those cases, it's not a strategic error - we need top 6 players. 

Edited by Thorny

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You may have a point re: the more bottom 6-ish players you mentioned. Evidence suggest we'd be better off with young internals than the garbage depth we've been brininging in. To me Staal, Hall, KO and Skinner represent something different, though, something you have to keep trying for if you can get it - true top 6 upgrades (the perception when we acquired them). The evaluation was bad in those cases, it's not a strategic error - we need top 6 players. 

I've been begging for the team to be given over to the kids since camp.  It's finally happened (with a new coach) and bam we are playing entertaining and fun hockey and getting results.  4-2-2 in the last 8.  We finally have internal depth and really no long need outside help.  

The Sabres are playing right now more internal prospects that we have in a decade with better results.  Ullmark (6th rd 2012), Risto (1st rd 2013), Reinhart (1st rd 2014), VO (7th rd 2014), Asplund (2nd rd 2016), Mitts (1st rd 2017), Bryson (4th rd 2017), Dahlin (1st rd 2018), Cozens (1st rd 2019) and R2 (UDFA 2020) plus acquired prospects Jokiharju (1st rd 2017) and Thompson (1st rd 2016).  In addition 3 draftees are on IR: McCabe (2nd rd 2012), Eichel (1st rd 2015) and Borgen (4th rd 2015).  That 15 guys.  Seems like a great place to start in building a team.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.