KA at the deadline

GASabresIUFAN

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He gets a big fat D- so far.

A 3rd for Montour, a 3rd & 5th for Staal and a 2nd plus Bjork for Lazar and Hall.  Plus he picked up the corpse of Drake Caggiula.  

What a joke.

..and a 5th for Johansson who's 3-0-1, 1.89 GAA, .929 sv% im 4 starts for his new team.

Edited by pi2000
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Deadline so far

Out

JoJo, Montour, Staal, Hall and Lazar

In

a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 5th, a 6th, the singer Bjork and the corpse of Drake Caggiula.  

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

I’m guessing KA will get a 3rd and maybe a prospect for Ullmark tomorrow. 

The hits will just keep on coming. 

Then you know the tank is on for sure.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Caggiula is on an expiring contract and was a waiver claim.  He is not relevant here.  

Why isn't he relevant?  Is he not an new player acquired during the trade deadline period? He was dumped by another club to make cap room and we acquired him on waivers.  My guess is that he is going to get a 17 game tryout to try to earn a contract here next season.

JoJo, Montour, Staal, Hall and Lazar

In

a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 5th, a 6th, the singer Bjork and the corpse of Drake Caggiula.  

This needs repeating... I don't know why but I felt compelled. 

The one I think the Sabres will miss most is Lazar.   Sabres are going to need to draft another center... but hey Skins can take faceoffs...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Just look ahead to next season when Adams is still the GM, Granato is still the HC, Hutton is the #1 goalie and the #1 draft pick is a complete bust.

This draft class is a bust. There is no TOP end talent....no one who can step in right now and play right away. Everyone is a few years away.

• Like (+1) 2

I see a ton of over reaction. I do not know what you expected to get from players on a team that did not win for 18 games. The Sabres were never in a position of power in any of these trades.

Stall - an older center with a few goals left. 2 picks not bad.

Hall - he has hit the wall hard!! Look at his production the last couple of years. Nobody was saying we were going to get a first for him. 

Montour - Someone we did not need as we have 3 other on the team that can do the same thing. We got a 3rd and Florida took full salary, and they got a defenseman that can skate, score and does not know how to play defense. 

My biggest gripe was losing Lazar, but he can be easily replaced.

We are all jaded from being Sabresfans. But, this is some serious over reaction to KA.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I see a ton of over reaction. I do not know what you expected to get from players on a team that did not win for 18 games. The Sabres were never in a position of power in any of these trades.

Stall - an older center with a few goals left. 2 picks not bad.

Hall - he has hit the wall hard!! Look at his production the last couple of years. Nobody was saying we were going to get a first for him. 

Montour - Someone we did not need as we have 3 other on the team that can do the same thing. We got a 3rd and Florida took full salary, and they got a defenseman that can skate, score and does not know how to play defense. 

My biggest gripe was losing Lazar, but he can be easily replaced.

We are all jaded from being Sabresfans. But, this is some serious over reaction to KA.

Exactly. They shed $14M in salary, picked up a 2, two 3rds and a 5th and the players they traded were part of a historically bad team. What exactly is the problem?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

To what end? Stockpiling middling draft picks gains you what? Especially considering the Sabres have barely a scouting department.  Call me skeptical and predict more suffering.

I mean I like the idea. Trade what you have is valuable for draft picks/prospects. But we aren't getting enough value for what we're moving, and like you say it's all for nothing given how we draft anyways.

46 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

To what end? Stockpiling middling draft picks gains you what? Especially considering the Sabres have barely a scouting department.  Call me skeptical and predict more suffering.

Exactly. And in a draft year that isn’t that good...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.