Getting to know Anders Bjork

Norcal

2 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

I much prefer sports teams social media to be interesting and fun. Far too many take a boring corporate attitude. Give me Gritty and give me chaos. It's meant to be entertaining

I have a fellow administrator over on the Bills side (Nervous Guy) whose son, after being in and out of rehab, overdosed on heroine and died. I'm wonder what parents who lost their children think of using their deceased kids as punchlines to zazz up their social media accounts? You know... to be funny.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have a fellow administrator over on the Bills side (Nervous Guy) whose son, after being in and out of rehab, overdosed on heroine and died. I'm wonder what parents who lost their children think of using their deceased kids as punchlines to zazz up their social media accounts? You know... to be funny.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m not sure the “inject this into my veins“ line is appropriate for a company/team etc.

What if you are PuhFizer?

Maybe its just the medicine we need to not hate this team anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SDS said:

Are we sure it was a reference to heroin?

I get your point but there are plenty of things injected into veins that aren't heroin.

57 minutes ago, SDS said:

There are lots of meanings that can be ascribed to that line.  I originally saw that as analogous to the vaccine, to protect the Sabres from losing.

But at the same time, someone who lived through the horror of what Nervous Guy has (I have a good friend who went through something similar)... I could understand if he thought that was in poor taste.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

It's tough, it's an interesting conversation. Interesting, as in, layered. 

What if they posted, "have a beer on us!" after someone scored? Or "Cheers!" win a beer emoji? People read that who have loved ones who suffer from alcoholism.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

What if they posted, "have a beer on us!" after someone scored? Or "Cheers!" win a beer emoji? People read that who have loved ones who suffer from alcoholism.

Yeah.  Is the "Thanks!" emoticon on this forum insensitive?

• 6 months later...

So....is Anders Bjork a Sabre now?  I mean, not just a placeholder, but part of the system that we're building?  Are fans going to start buying Bjork jerseys? 

Waddya think?

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
Yes I realize posted the same thing in the Caggiula thread, thanks.

47 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

So....is Anders Bjork a Sabre now?  I mean, not just a placeholder, but part of the system that we're building?  Are fans going to start buying Bjork jerseys? 

Waddya think?

I hope not.  So far nothing stands out.  Where would he project two years out?  Fourth line guy with speed who is on your PK? 

Not everyone's a 30 goal scorer.

In fact, I wonder where he fits in, in terms of what I brought up in the analytics hire thread.... about players in different roles with a team?  Does he have a role on a championship team?  He might.

I think we discount him because he came through another team's system; he must be damaged goods if they let him go.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Waddya think?

I view Bjork as someone who has the speed that this organization wants, but the rest of his game is somewhat lacking for above the 4th line on an elite team. I think he’s likely a player that sticks around till we start having a lot of the wing prospects playing in the NHL. 3? Yearsish

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Waddya think?

Yes, he's part of the awesome penalty kill unit and he is actually fast. I expect him to, like a lot of the players,  have his stretches where he scores a lot and then disappears while others pick up slack. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 2:12 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Not everyone's a 30 goal scorer.

In fact, I wonder where he fits in, in terms of what I brought up in the analytics hire thread.... about players in different roles with a team?  Does he have a role on a championship team?  He might.

I think we discount him because he came through another team's system; he must be damaged goods if they let him go.

Ya, I don’t get what they are doing with him. He seems talented, fast, good defensively yet they treat him like he is a place holder. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.