Getting to know Anders Bjork

Norcal

On 4/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, Thorny said:

This is honestly fine, but if "Bork" is viewed as less than Lazar, he sure better not be in KA's starting roster next year, then

If it's nothing to do with Granato that'd be good

The Bruins were $29,000 under the salary cap after the trade. It was imperative the shed additional salary to make the deal work. I think they agreed to take a kid who has a higher upside but was locked in behind more established players. 

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

The Bruins were $29,000 under the salary cap after the trade. It was imperative the shed additional salary to make the deal work. I think they agreed to take a kid who has a higher upside but was locked in behind more established players. 

But Bjork makes less than Lazar, right?

Man, does anyone remember the book series Animorphs?

I'm pretty sure there are characters in that book that sound an awful lot to the ear like "Bjork Lazar"

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

But Bjork makes less than Lazar, right?

Man, does anyone remember the book series Animorphs?

I'm pretty sure the villains in that book sound an awful lot to the ear like "Bjork Lazar"

No. Like 2x more. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

No. Like 2x more. 

That's right, my mistake. We know the cap space concern was a thing. 

Could bode well if we're lucky 

Hopefully Adams pushed for THAT to be the player rather than the other way around 

55 minutes ago, SDS said:

So why didn't the Sabres just take on more of Hall's salary? Must be some rule about how much they can take on? 

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dude better impress, I think a lot of us liked Lazar and will always remember he was flipped for this guy. 

Wish him the best, of course! 👍

As they seem to be trying to set up 3 scoring lines (at least to the extent they can with the available bodies) this kid MIGHT be more valuable to the Sabres than he was to the Bruins who seemed to be using him primarily in a 4th line role & also MIGHT be more valuable to the Sabres than Lazar as Lazar doesn't really move up to the 3 scoring lines except in an emergency basis.

Hoping he actually does fit into that role. Don't know much about him, so have no idea whether he can fit into that role.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Skated 13:55 had 2 shots 1 assist and several close calls around the net. 

The excitement of playing his old team is over, can he carry this play over and expand on it with some finishes as he gets comfortable with his new team? 

Stay tuned

Who knows right now if Bjork will continue to play like he has but it's been quite a debut for him as a Buffalo Sabre, one of the best in recent memory.

He picked up a second star and has 3 points in his first two games. 

Can he get even better as he gets to know his teammates or will he fizzle into oblivion? 

Stay tuned. 

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

Who knows right now if Bjork will continue to play like he has but it's been quite a debut for him as a Buffalo Sabre, one of the best in recent memory.

He picked up a second star and has 3 points in his first two games. 

Can he get even better as he gets to know his teammates or will he fizzle into oblivion? 

Stay tuned. 

I’m not sure the “inject this into my veins“ line is appropriate for a company/team etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

KA is starting to look like a genius in this trade...clearly it would seem that this Bjork is a darn fine hockey player and if this can continue a far better fit and of far more use then Lazar. I really do not care about Hall as losing him has made the team better (just as losing Staal did too). 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I’m not sure the “inject this into my veins“ line is appropriate for a company/team etc.

I much prefer sports teams social media to be interesting and fun. Far too many take a boring corporate attitude. Give me Gritty and give me chaos. It's meant to be entertaining

2 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

KA is starting to look like a genius in this trade...clearly it would seem that this Bjork is a darn fine hockey player and if this can continue a far better fit and of far more use then Lazar. I really do not care about Hall as losing him has made the team better (just as losing Staal did too). 

If KA traded a 4th liner and an expiring contract for a top 6 winger and a 2nd, it's the best Sabres trade since at least ROR 1. And a better timed deal than that. 

1 hour ago, Trettioåtta said:

I much prefer sports teams social media to be interesting and fun. Far too many take a boring corporate attitude. Give me Gritty and give me chaos. It's meant to be entertaining

Maybe around a few months ago (?) the Sabres official twitter started becoming more like this. More zazz. Personnel isn't the only thing we are taking from the Carolina Hurricanes, apparently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.