Getting to know Anders Bjork

Norcal

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

We traded for Bjork because our "interim" head coach knows and wanted him. 

Paul Hamilton said the Lazar / Bjork swap is purely salary related.  They couldn't take on Hall’s salary with shedding some, somewhere.  Apparently, the 600k difference between the two is enough.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Bjork had his career sidelined by shoulder surgeries. Then he came in and was playing doghouse with a short leash in the pro league where he showed many of the same ‘overthinking’ problems we’ve seen with Tage and Mitts the last season or two. He’s a skill winger thrusted into a shutdown 3LW/RW role and doing what he’s told.  The guy can skate and his feet are faster than his hands.

he’s primed for the same kind of outbreak that Tage/Mitts are under Granato, and also has a history with Granato to boot. 

Worst case he replaces Lazar. But he has upside. Don’t get his association with Hall tied up with the guy 

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Paul Hamilton said the Lazar / Bjork swap is purely salary related.  They couldn't take on Hall’s salary with shedding some, somewhere.  Apparently, the 600k difference between the two is enough.  

I’ve said this since the trade was made. It was essentially a way to retain more then 50% of Hall’s was salary. They don’t think Bork is better then Lazar.

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No knowledge of his situation, but if he drives to join the team can't it be sooner?

I thought the 7 days was about commercial flights?

Just saw that he is driving and will be available for the next game... which I think is against Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry did I need to say IMPO. It's a message board ppl. 

The request for sources, in my experience, is far more common in internet discussion than real life discussion

Pretty standard on this board to use "I think" or something of that nature if the information being stated isn't established in some way

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I’ve said this since the trade was made. It was essentially a way to retain more then 50% of Hall’s was salary. They don’t think Bork is better then Lazar.

This is honestly fine, but if "Bork" is viewed as less than Lazar, he sure better not be in KA's starting roster next year, then

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If it's nothing to do with Granato that'd be good

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

First you're assuming all those guys are back next year which I doubt. 

Obviously Skinner is a fixture because of contract but I think you might be surprised. I think he might be better than Asplund or R2. or just as good at least. 

You do realize all the players on my list are RFAs or under contract.  All very well could be here next year. Asplund has 5 goals is 13 games ytd, Bjork has 5 pts in 30.  He isn’t better then Asplund or R2.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

...but Lazar is Lazar.  Bjork could still have upside.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You do realize all the players on my list are RFAs or under contract.  All very well could be here next year. Asplund has 5 goals is 13 games ytd, Bjork has 5 pts in 30.  He isn’t better then Asplund or R2.

Whether he's better here or not remains to be seen. See how he fits and see how he plays here before pronouncing that. 

All those players might be here, but I have a feeling this team will make several big moves this summer. I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Whether he's better here or not remains to be seen. See how he fits and see how he plays here before pronouncing that. 

All those players might be here, but I have a feeling this team will make several big moves this summer. I could be wrong. 

When has that every helped?  Lets stay the course with these kids and see what happens. Given KA's track record and our 1 pro scout do you really have any confidence that he'll bring in the right player(s)?

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

When has that every helped?  Lets stay the course with these kids and see what happens. Given KA's track record and our 1 pro scout do you really have any confidence that he'll bring in the right player(s)?

I don't have the confidence. I'm not suggesting it'll be good just that it might happen. I have no idea what the plan is, but I am hoping that this was an actual reset year from their position and coming out of it we will finally define and stick with an identity and build around that. So whatever that identity is, and maybe we see signs of it not sure, we keep what fits and move what doesn't.

The thing we all have to accept is there may be players who no longer want to be here. Eichel doesn't want a rebuild. Risto may be tired of losing and will be a UFA after next year. Reinhart contract for ?  Ullmark?   If the mindset of any of these players is looking to eventually get out it's better to move on from them now and build a new core with a new identity. We have no choice in that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.