Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean...the quote reads as if the first time KA found out Boston was the only option was yesterday. If that's true, it's certainly not a good thing

Why? He said anything serious that occurred happened yesterday and then he took it to Taylor and Taylor told him what he was willing to accept. He said Taylor decided yesterday that is where he was willing to go after telling him weeks earlier he’d be open to something.Β 

I don’t see what’s so nefarious about this.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Why? He said anything serious that occurred happened yesterday and then he took it to Taylor and Taylor told him what he was willing to accept. He said Taylor decided yesterday that is where he was willing to go after telling him weeks earlier he’d be open to something.Β 

I don’t see what’s so nefarious about this.

So Taylor Hall had told Adams earlier that he WAS open to going to other teams aside from just Boston and Hall changed his mind?

That's fine then.

If Adams wasn't aware that Hall felt that way and didn't find out until the last minute, that'd be real dumb

35 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

β€œI want to be a part of a team that wins games”.. Hall... ouch. Can’t blame him though.Β 

Is a lottery a game?Β  If so, he nearly annually is a part of teams that win games.Β  If they don't count, then yeah, that'd be something relatively new for him.

Just now, Thorny said:

So Taylor Hall had told Adams earlier that he WAS open to going to other teams aside from just Boston and Hall changed his mind?

I guess it depends what the definition of is is. I don’t know the exact conversation and I can only paraphrase what Adams paraphrased, but he said he approached him weeks earlier to get his thoughts on being moved and Taylor said he would be open to something. I don’t know the exact wording them how that all went down.Β 

My interpretation of what Adams said is that there were a couple of teams interested, not many, and Taylor said where he would be willing to accept.

I think there’s a whole bunch of people here missing the spirit of the NMC. Maybe as a former player Adams give this undo respect, but I see this as this is in your contract and I’m not going to be a dick to you about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I guess it depends what the definition of is is. I don’t know the exact conversation and I can only paraphrase what Adams paraphrased, but he said he approached him weeks earlier to get his thoughts on being moved and Taylor said he would be open to something. I don’t know the exact wording them how that all went down.Β 

My interpretation of what Adams said is that there were a couple of teams interested, not many, and Taylor said where he would be willing to accept.

I think there’s a whole bunch of people here missing the spirit of the NMC. Maybe as a former player Adams give this undo respect, but I see this as this is in your contract and I’m not going to be a dick to you about it.

I just think you'd ideally want to leave yourself some wiggle room for trying to convince the guy to accept a deal to another team. If he didn't find out it was "only boston" earlier and he could have, that's a missed opportunity.

but whatever. it's clear he didn't wanna ruffle Hall's feathers

he probably doesn't convince Hall anyways

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think all this conjecture without knowing all the nuances of the negotiations and conversations is just verbal *****. Β 

Very much so. Β It’s a fairly intricate situation. Β People get one piece of information and make 3-4 inferences based on that. Β If you don’t know, then you don’t know.

My guess is Hall probably wanted to go to Boston from the start and as soon as Krueger was fired desired to be sent there. Whether or not Adams tried to get Hall to go elsewhere is unclear but I would guess he likely did and Hall just shot down every offer.

Β 

This would of left Adams in a position of either trying to force Hall to waive his NMC for another team through threats or merely doing what he could given the circumstances.Β 

Edited by thewookie1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I just think you'd ideally want to leave yourself some wiggle room for trying to convince the guy to accept a deal to another team. If he didn't find out it was "only boston" earlier and he could have, that's a missed opportunity.

Ruffle Hall's feathers ?????

In my last post before my break ... Hall held all the cards in this.Β  Adams had no real option, but to find the best deal he could for the handful, or fewer, teams Hall would accept being traded to.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry fellas, but this arm chair GM stuff of pure speculation is almost sickening. Some of you guys state so much with such certainty and it's what you want to believe about things not with any thing to base it on other than your mad.Β  We're all unhappy with the franchise but some of this about the Hall trade is bsΒ 

Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I heard this earlier on the instigators earlier, but can't find any link to the quotes. Peters claimed Lazar was quoted after the trade..."this team found creative ways to lose" & "I can't wait to stick it to them".Β Β 

I didn't hear that. Please find the link. Don't think that was said.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

In my last post before my break ... Hall held all the cards in this.Β  Adams had no real option, but to find the best deal he could for the handful, or fewer, teams Hall would accept being traded to.

maybe he could have convinced him to do something else. I dunno. they are human beings.

Like I said, it's probably unlikely he changes his mind

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

Pretty much, I'm guessing Adams deemed a grumpy Hall stuck with the Sabres to end out the season was worse than trading him for a pittance.Β 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

maybe he could have convinced him to do something else. I dunno. they are human beings.

Like I said, it's probably unlikely he changes his mind

He very well may of, the thing was how can you strong arm a guy who may have wanted Boston from the start. The only real threat Adams had was telling him he'd keep him in Buffalo for the remainder of the season but that would of been painfully awkward for everyone involved and potentially cancerous to the locker room with a discontent player angry over not being traded.

7 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It felt like GM Unqualified PSE Crony was more concerned with doing what was best for Taylor Hall than the Buffalo Sabres.Β 

I think you’ve said this before, but why don’t you just go explain to us what this means.

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think you've got to step outside the X-Box GM role and understand that Hall negotiated a no-trade in good faith exactly so he could steer a situation like this in the direction he wanted.

I think Adams is just showing some with integrity.

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Pretty much, I'm guessing Adams deemed a grumpy Hall stuck with the Sabres to end out the season was worse than trading him for a pittance.Β 

Conventional wisdom says that the 2nd was a good return in this market.Β  Analysts are saying this and I said it too.Β  Lazar for that other guy is a seperate deal basically.Β  This was the best, maybe only, deal out there and everyone involved thought that Hall had to be traded.

Β 

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Sorry fellas, but this arm chair GM stuff of pure speculation is almost sickening. Some of you guys state so much with such certainty and it's what you want to believe about things not with any thing to base it on other than your mad.Β  We're all unhappy with the franchise but some of this about the Hall trade is bsΒ 

Β 

Β 

I didn't hear that. Please find the link. Don't think that was said.

Β 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I think you've got to step outside the X-Box GM role and understand that Hall negotiated a no-trade in good faith exactly so he could steer a situation like this in the direction he wanted.

I already said all this in other threads or this one

i can keep up with the thread and play xbox at the same time thank you very muchΒ 

the conversation led it's way to this moment because I said I hope Adams knew the Boston thing as soon as possible. I don't think that's a contentious argument

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Conventional wisdom says that the 2nd was a good return in this market.Β  Analysts are saying this and I said it too.Β  Lazar for that other guy is a seperate deal basically.Β  This was the best, maybe only, deal out there and everyone involved thought that Hall had to be traded.

Β 

The second deal was critical goes after both deals Boston was only $29,000 under the cap. Something additional had to be done.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It may have been in good faith originally but it seems odd that Hall refused to go to anywhere except one team unless this was his backup plan from the start.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.