Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Trade Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Andres Bjork
2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Bjork is the type of player Granato would unlock.  Lots of potential getting caught up in systems play.  Young and in team control, something none of the other rentals have fetched in their trades. 

It wasn't just a rental.  It was a rental plus a player under contract for another year, who happened to be better than the player coming back.  I like to think you're right, that Granato is The Prospect Whisperer, but this doesn't look like a great trade to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Is that confirmed?

That would explain the return better, but not why they chose to go that direction.

No I was just making note of that ... I would think by “now” if there was retention of salary, it would have been said by now. Maybe not...

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It wasn't just a rental.  It was a rental plus a player under contract for another year, who happened to be better than the player coming back.  I like to think you're right, that Granato is The Prospect Whisperer, but this doesn't look like a great trade to me.

Bjork has three years at 1.6 then RFA. He’s another Thompson, but fast instead of tall.

It seems the over reaction babies have taken over and logic and reason is getting sucked out of the vacuum now. Turning a freaking 1ywar rental into long term assets is somehow bad asset management?  A late first round pick is lucky to turn into Bjork six years from now. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Terry Pegula had nothing to do with this and Kevyn Adams is disappointing me for the ninetieth time this month.

Does Adams have ANYBODY assisting him with his first trade deadline right now? Sabres didn’t get KA the necessary help fast enough and we are seeing the results. Ullmark probably gone tomorrow at this point too. 

Not as bad as the ROR trade because we are not getting a bunch of bad players with big contracts in return, but we just traded two players for one player who is worse than either of the two we traded.  This is how a bad team stays bad for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We have the worst front offices imaginable.  This is close to as bad as the ROR trade. I’m speechless. 

This trade turned an empty spot in the Sabres cupboard during September 2020 into a 2nd round pick. 

The ROR trade made us a leaguewide laughingstock and set the center spine back half of a decade. 

I hate this trade, it's weird to me, but its measurable impact on the course of the franchise is a net positive when emotions are detached, even though it was a mediocre trade. 

And It's possible that Kevyn liked this Bjork and didn't just get him to appease a guy who once coached him. Don Granato has coached many, many players 

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.