Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

Unless you were in the room with Adams fielding offers, it’s hard for anyone to say he should’ve got more in return.

That being said, why not wait until closer to the deadline to MAYBE getting a better offer?  Again, though, we don’t know how it happened.  If it was the only or best offer and Boston pushed for a decision or they were moving on, then Adams would’ve felt he had to agree. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

In the lead up to the trade deadline did most “experts” think Buffalo would definitely get a 1st for Hall?  Is that what they pegged his value at?

Someone got pegged, all right.

I don't care what the experts said.  My standards for a Hall trade are well-published on this board.  Scorched earth policy has a value to it, too.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And then he blew out his knee and has scored 18 goals in the 112 games he’s played since. Scouts watched him play as much as we did. He wasn’t good.

You know Adams didn’t get a better offer. You know Hall isn’t going to re-sign with Buffalo for anything other than an overpayment.

Adams would have been a freaking idiot not to trade him, and a bigger idiot to,re-sign him. The return sucked.I’m not sure what else he should have done.

Scorched earth.

This team would have gained more in the long term by keeping Hall and spiting the rest of the league, than it gained today.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Someone got pegged, all right.

I don't care what the experts said.  My standards for a Hall trade are well-published on this board.  Scorched earth policy has a value to it, too.

Too bad Adams wasn’t trading Hall to you then.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This team would have gained more in the long term by keeping Hall and spiting the rest of the league, than it gained today.

Categorically false.

There’s not a single GM who would have respected Adams for throwing away a free 2nd rounder. Many of them probably thought trading him at the deadline to the highest bidder after signing him to a one-year deal and failing to make the playoffs was a obvious possible outcome from the beginning and a no-lose one to boot.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Curt said:

No, I’m serious.  If you were the Bruins GM, would you have traded your 1st for Hall?

You wanted Hall kept?  And resigned?

I have no idea what I would do if I were the Bruins GM.  If I think Hall puts my team over the top for a Cup run, yes, I trade a first.

I don't want Hall re-signed.  My point is that there is value to standing up to the league and saying, "hey, you want this guy, give me what he's worth.  Or no one gets him."  I've said that a couple of times, but I don't expect that you've read every one of my posts.  

Just now, dudacek said:

Categorically false.

There’s not a single GM who would have respected Adams for throwing away a free 2nd rounder. Many of them probably thought trading him at the deadline to the highest bidder after signing him to a one-year deal and failing to make the playoffs was a obvious possible outcome from the beginning and a no-lose one to boot.

*****, and I'll base that on the thumbs-ups I've received on past posts saying the same thing.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I don't want Hall re-signed.  My point is that there is value to standing up to the league and saying, "hey, you want this guy, give me what he's worth.  Or no one gets him."  I've said that a couple of times, but I don't expect that you've read every one of my posts.  

If you did that you'd get nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I have no idea what I would do if I were the Bruins GM.  If I think Hall puts my team over the top for a Cup run, yes, I trade a first.

It’s really just difference of opinion on his value.  I had it at about a 2nd and a sweetener (3rd or something), maybe a conditional 1st if lucky.

I just hope Bjork looks good.  Feed him whatever they’re feeding the other young guys.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

*****, and I'll base that on the thumbs-ups I've received on past posts saying the same thing.

Different circumstances. I think I gave you a thumbs up when you were talking about rejecting a 3rd.

2nds are useful assets that regularly get turned in good hockey players like Stu Barnes and Jochen Hecht. Or disappointing ones like Jeff Skinner and Taylor Hall.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

And they ***** retained 

Poor trade.

Also, we now pay bjork 1.6 mil over 2 years instead of Lazar 800k for one more year. Considering the hit rate of pics, it's possible this trade is a net negative

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I liked Lazar.

He finally got to prove himself and now I fear he will be in and out of the lineup in Boston.

I have spoken to Curtis many times here in Kelowna and he really enjoyed Buffalo. I wonder how he will feel about this? I’m sure he will be happy for a chance to win, but will he play? I hope the best for him. Not a nicer kid will you meet. 

Not happy he was moved. 

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.