Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

Hall was already gone and the roster is going to be different next year so Lazar might not be in their plans. They've been playing good hockey without him already. 

Moving forward with a second round pick and Bjork. 

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd really like to hear what the other deals' parameters were, if other teams were indeed interested. What was this deal competing against?

200.gif

Life doesn't work that way.  We'll never know what other teams had on the table, if anything.  There may be some insider rumors but you'll never know how accurate they are.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Go read what Boston fans think of Bjork over the years. He blew his shoulder out which slowed down the start of his career. The rest reads just like any report on players like Thompson or Mittelstadt over the last two years:  has all the tools there but isn’t putting it together playing grinding minutes for the coach.

I agree losing Lazar hurts, but he’s a 4th liner we saved from being out of the league entirely a year ago. We still have Girgensons. Caggiula is an equivalent to Lazar. Boston is right to target Lazar but in the grand scheme of things he’s easily replaced. 

Lazar was leading the Sabres forwards in hits by a large margin.  That’s been a team weakness other than him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Hall played mostly like poop.  He has no record of being a playoff performer or a leader.  He is very expensive.

Considering everything I just wrote, I was kind of skeptical they could get a 1st for him.  Including Lazar makes this weird, but if it wasn’t for that, the trade is about what I thought.

Come on.  Look at other trades.  Foligno, Palmeri, etc.  Adams could and should have done better.

Hall played mostly like poop.  He has no record of being a playoff performer or a leader.  He is very expensive.

Considering everything I just wrote, I was kind of skeptical they could get a 1st for him.  Including Lazar makes this weird, but if it wasn’t for that, the trade is about what I thought.

Come on.  Look at other trades.  Foligno, Palmeri, etc.  Adams could and should have done better.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Looks like it wasn't competing against any other deals. This is embarrassing. 

Why?

Hall's value, how he's perceived has all only plummeted this year.  I never expected a first.  No team was going to do that unless there was a bidding war. 

I was hoping for a prospect and we got one under team control that I'm willing to see.  He's been in a winning franchise.

When you build a team you don't do what Terry and Co did from 2011 to 2020.  Which was draft atrociously and sign big money contracts to UFAs that busted.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Eleven said:

A 28oa pick that has a 50% chance to even be an NHL player on a team who doesn’t even have a scouting department is somehow better than a player just on the cusp of the prime of their career locked up cheap?

Y’all overrate picks TOO much

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Congrats on the trifecta.  GMs value players with playoff experience and leadership and reputation.  Hall doesn’t have that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

At the time, on paper, the ROR didn’t look that bad. In hindsight it was pretty bad obviously. This trade is just baffling. Adams got absolutely owned by a division rival. I wonder if he got a nice steak dinner before he got ***** 

I promise you, it was the worst Sabres trade of my life on paper the day it happened

It was orders of magnitude worse than this trade, which is merely mediocre 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Him and Caggulia are next year's Eakin and Irwin. 🤯 

WE DO THIS EVERY ***** YEAR!

If they're in the lineup halfway through the season next year and the team sucks then I'll agree with you. Until then I'm moving forward with Bjork. 

A few weeks ago the whole team was a scrap, now the kids are emerging. 

Next season is next season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

A 28oa pick that has a 50% chance to even be an NHL player on a team who doesn’t even have a scouting department is somehow better than a player just on the cusp of the prime of their career locked up cheap?

Y’all overrate picks TOO much

If you think I overrate draft picks, you haven't been reading what I've been writing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.