Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

On 4/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Trade is looking good for both teams right now. Lazar was a beast for Bruins last night, scored an empty netter and won a bunch of face offs. 

I'm genuinely hoping for Lazar's success (except of course when he plays the Sabres).  He's a character guy who did everything the Sabres asked of him.  If the Bruins are successful in the post season I'll be pissed off but I'll be happy for Curtis.

That said, I think Bjork is not quite Lazar's equal but still hasn't maxed out.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I find watching Bjork infinitely more interesting than watching Hall.

That guy's a drip.

I only wish that were true. Watching the Bruins, he's a completely different player and has jelled perfectly with Smith and Krejci. He's been so good in fact, DeBrusk is struggling to find ice time playing on the 4th line with Lazar.

Lazar, is exactly the same as he was here. Massive amount of energy and absolutely no finish around the net, but still a very effective and cheap 4th liner. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I only wish that were true. Watching the Bruins, he's a completely different player and has jelled perfectly with Smith and Krejci. He's been so good in fact, DeBrusk is struggling to find ice time playing on the 4th line with Lazar.

Lazar, is exactly the same as he was here. Massive amount of energy and absolutely no finish around the net, but still a very effective and cheap 4th liner. 

Good hopefully they overpay and he destroys the franchise like hes done all his career 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's hard not to look good when you're on the 2nd line behind one of the top 1st lines in the league and this guy is on the line with you:

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

K.

He’s still a drip and I still prefer watching Björk.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, carpandean said:

It's hard not to look good when you're on the 2nd line behind one of the top 1st lines in the league and this guy is on the line with you:

Exhibit A for why we shouldn't trade Eichel if we want our young centres to come along effectively 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He's currently shooting at an almost 15% clip in a small sample size, compared to the 2.3% he exhibited in buffalo.  His MVP year he shot 14%, and most of his other years he was somewhere around 6-8.  I think he's due to regress back to throwing pucks into the glove.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Might it also tell us how very far away we actually are from competing with them since Hall is a mere second line cog there?

In what way?  I don’t see the connection between Hall playing on Boston’s 2nd line and Buffalo being far away from competing.

53 minutes ago, Curt said:

In what way?  I don’t see the connection between Hall playing on Boston’s 2nd line and Buffalo being far away from competing.

He was Jack's LW until Jack went bye bye for the season.  And outshined Jack to start the season.

Edited by Weave

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Might it also tell us how very far away we actually are from competing with them since Hall is a mere second line cog there?

43 minutes ago, Curt said:

The Sabres have at least 4 forwards Bette Ethan Taylor Hall.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Drag0nDan said:

He's currently shooting at an almost 15% clip in a small sample size, compared to the 2.3% he exhibited in buffalo.  His MVP year he shot 14%, and most of his other years he was somewhere around 6-8.  I think he's due to regress back to throwing pucks into the glove.

I mean, isn’t this him regressing right now? If someone told me Taylor Hall had 8 goals and 30 points in 50 games I would say that sounds about right considering where he was at last season. 

23 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why should I care about Taylor Hall?

This happens with almost every. single. player. who has played for the Sabres. Some poster (and it’s usually different ones) who feel the need to report how well or not well they are doing on their new team. Like You, I couldn’t care less. Luckily, that stat obsession only lasts about 3-4 weeks, then tails off slowly to a trickle. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

This happens with almost every. single. player. who has played for the Sabres. Some poster (and it’s usually different ones) who feel the need to report how well or not well they are doing on their new team. Like You, I couldn’t care less. Luckily, that stat obsession only lasts about 3-4 weeks, then tails off slowly to a trickle. 

Until they get promoted to GM of a rival.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.