Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

54 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Love Nick Folignos game and leadership abilities but we only ever get those guys when they’re way past it. As in washed up.

We had his father in his prime.  Daddy Filigno spent 2,049 minutes (1,450 Sabre minutes) in the sin bin.  He still managed to  score 355 goals and 727 points despite the down time and the sore knuckles.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Curt said:

He sounds like it's a job interview.

Amazing how he's all better now.

I like Lazar.  He's a good foot soldier.  I hope he scores a bunch of goals this season, none of them against Buffalo.  I hope Hall crashes and burns and I hope the B's miss the playoffs.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

This maybe THE most embarrassing trade in the history of the franchise.  

Lol. Please explain how trading an $8M rental player with a full NMC results in an embarrassing trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Will anybody currently on the Sabres roster take a run at him?

More likely scenario, Risto hits him into the boards (I mean with McCabe and maybe Borgen out does anybody throw a check besides Risto?) and after the check Lazar comes over and punches Risto out. Rest of Sabres watch and do nothing. Bruins welcome Lazar into the fold. 

12 hours ago, SDS said:

Why? He said anything serious that occurred happened yesterday and then he took it to Taylor and Taylor told him what he was willing to accept. He said Taylor decided yesterday that is where he was willing to go after telling him weeks earlier he’d be open to something. 

I don’t see what’s so nefarious about this.

He needed to get on this earlier. Big trades don’t need to happen within 24 hours of the deadline. Adams should have been working on deals for weeks by now and the day before the deadline should not have been the first time he presented a player he was obviously trading with a deal. Put pressure on Hall. Get deals in place with interested parties and bring them to Hall. Make him say no, don’t just roll over the second you’re told he only wants to go to Boston.

It was a weak display from a GM with literally no hockey management experience. This is what many of us expected when he was hired without an interim tag. He did no better than any of us could have done (yes, I mean that).

Edited by Hoss

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

More likely scenario, Risto hits him into the boards (I mean with McCabe and maybe Borgen out does anybody throw a check besides Risto?) and after the check Lazar comes over and punches Risto out. Rest of Sabres watch and do nothing. Bruins welcome Lazar into the fold. 

...as the camera slowly pans to Hall.

image.thumb.png.c3c64130f496debfe0790cc5c3a19db3.png

Edited by ExWNYer

30 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He needed to get on this earlier. Big trades don’t need to happen within 24 hours of the deadline. Adams should have been working on deals for weeks by now and the day before the deadline should not have been the first time he presented a player he was obviously trading with a deal. Put pressure on Hall. Get deals in place with interested parties and bring them to Hall. Make him say no, don’t just roll over the second you’re told he only wants to go to Boston.

It was a weak display from a GM with literally no hockey management experience. This is what many of us expected when he was hired without an interim tag. He did no better than any of us could have done (yes, I mean that).

I’m guessing from your part in the conversation that you didn’t listen to one word of the press conference.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t really understand people’s anger. Hall basically said he would only waive for one team. That team knew it, and is also sitting on the bubble, so didn’t want to go all in.

They offered a third knowing it was take the third or get nothing. They then got slammed by the caps and made it a second.

Yes, this happened because of the NMC. But you have to give those out. Buffalo isn’t seen as the best place to play. As a result the players have the power.

Someone probably takes a discount and no trade protection to play for TB, as they think winning the cup is worth it.

Whereas the Sabres are realistically 2 years minimum from making the playoffs again.

Therefore in order to attract the best talent you have to show you are a good place for players to be - that you will respect and help them in their careers.

Yeah it sucks. But that’s the cost when you haven’t made the playoffs in 10 years and have a dismal future for the next season.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

For what they're worth, there were rumors for the past couple of weeks that several teams were in discussion with Buffalo, but that nobody wanted to give up the first that Adams was insisting on.  So, if those were true, he was working on deals for weeks, but didn't have anything better than what he ended up getting to present to Taylor.

14 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I really feel bad for anyone that got caught up in the Hall hype last fall and bought a jersey. You can say they should have known better, but at least thought we would have gotten the full season. 

Even the day he signed we knew that if Buffalo wasn’t a playoff team it was extremely likely that Hall would be traded.

The playoffs were a reasonable hope, but far from a sure thing, so this was not an unforeseen conclusion to the Sabres/Hall relationship.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Big trades don’t need to happen within 24 hours of the deadline. Adams should have been working on deals for weeks by now

With Hall sitting out you don't think this was being worked by KA?  Like he just picked up the phone the first time this weekend and started making calls?

40 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I really feel bad for anyone that got caught up in the Hall hype last fall and bought a jersey. You can say they should have known better, but at least thought we would have gotten the full season. 

Time to re-plate it with KORAB

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

With Hall sitting out you don't think this was being worked by KA?  Like he just picked up the phone the first time this weekend and started making calls?

I’m sure there were calls but it doesn’t appear he has was pushing the pace of those calls and just let this trade happen to him.

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

We had his father in his prime.  Daddy Filigno spent 2,049 minutes (1,450 Sabre minutes) in the sin bin.  He still managed to  score 355 goals and 727 points despite the down time and the sore knuckles.

Mike Foligno may be my 2nd favorite Sabre of all-time behind Perreault. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.