Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

It would be interesting what that signing actually cost us.

Would we be sitting here with Tyler Toffoli, for example? Would we have signed another goalie? Would Ralph still be here?

Though it's hard to imagine a worse scenario than what played out, the "what ifs" don't even matter that much to me. It's more about the evidence that starts to mount. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Eichel is done for the season. Don't let Adams non answer fool anyone. 

Also, I am not sure Adams plans to keep Eichel past this summer. 

If he doesn't have confidence in his ability to right the ship heading into next season, he probably should. 

Wow. Can't believe I typed that. 

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Once the Sabres sat him? Fine. Before that? The height of unprofessionalism. I find it doubtful the idea of being a Bruin only entered his mind last week. Scum.

Right. He was just skating around sucking the life out of the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If he doesn't have confidence in his ability to right the ship heading into next season, he probably should. 

I thought today was a pretty ugly day on the board. The shitshow that would take place if Eichel is traded would probably cause half the posters to be banned and the board to implode on itself. 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

I thought today was a pretty ugly day on the board. The shitshow that would take place if Eichel is traded would probably cause half the posters to be banned and the board to implode on itself. 

If Eichel is traded, the organization won’t be worth following anymore anyways, so the board imploding will hardly matter at that point. 

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I think people probably realize in real time along with Adams just how much the league will go out of their way to actively not help the sabres. or any team - Adams doesn't even have any favours to call in. We can't trade, and signings don't work. 

they have to rebuild without setting a bomb off first to the entirety of the roster, which I think they are going to do. 

I think the rebuild bit pertains to Jack. Just a guess. 

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fair enough.  

I love it when the inmates run the asylum.  I'm in full agreement with Lawton.  He should have told Hall to give him more options so that he needed to do what's best for the franchise.  If Hall wouldn't then let him play out the year on the 4th line or sit in the pressbox.

Someone on here has said this all along and been mostly chastised for it.

Contractually earned means he had a NMC and my choices er choice, was Bahston

Just now, Norcal said:

Someone on here has said this all along and been mostly chastised for it.

Contractually earned means he had a NMC and my choices er choice, was Bahston

Right.  Between that there was the high salary that limits suitors, his poor play this year (and honestly prior - 29 goals across the last 3 seasons), and the fact that he's a skill winger that doesn't take draws, or kill penalties - all these things limited his value.  I mean he has 19 points playing with jack for most of the time, and playing on a power play that for a stretch was one of the better ones in the league.

Edited by Drag0nDan
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Do you see my calculator work from earlier now? 

You can either get the team right with Eichel for the first time ever in 3 months, with no option for failure, or say bye to Jack for a first rounder (top 10 protected) and Matt Grezlyk or whatever, 

or maybe,

it's a little easier to make this team legit-good quick when you have leverage on an Eichel deal 

Edited by Randall Flagg

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Do you see my calculator work from earlier now? 

You can either get the team right with Eichel for the first time ever in 3 months, with no option for failure, or say bye to Jack for a first rounder (top 10 protected) and Matt Grezlyk or whatever, 

or maybe,

it's a little easier to make this team legit-good quick when you have leverage on an Eichel deal 

I only agree it's the right premise for the current management group, though

that's a weighted sentiment 

I don't think getting things right would have been that hard for a competent management team. it only seems hard because we are standing amongst the wreckage of our operational staff and realizing no one there has anything better to say than we do

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Again:  did anyone here, at the time we signed Hall, say that he/she would've walked away from signing him because of the NMC?

well, again:

within the context of the decision already having been made to add Hall, absolutely no issue with the NMC being given

absolutely no issue with the return considering context

and at the time, I even agreed Hall was a good signing

That's the good thing about results though: they are objective. In spite of all of that, KA took a big swing and suffered a big fat "L" on the Taylor Hall add, and his entire offseason. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I only agree it's the right premise for the current management group, though

that's a weighted sentiment 

I don't think getting things right would have been that hard for a competent management team. it only seems hard because we are standing amongst the wreckage of our operational staff and realizing no one there has anything better to say than we do

I think these are the cards we have been dealt 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think these are the cards we have been dealt 

I'm so glad you picked this analogy. 

We indeed were dealt those cards. A skilled player can make from that what they need to. 

Adams and Co. have no course of action but to keep folding until they are dealt a good hand through the draft.

trial and error. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.