Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're right. He wasn't obligated at all. But you'd like to think he had enough consideration for the Sabres, a team that gave him $8MM for mostly nothing, to help them out and go to the team that was offering the most for his services. LeBrun said he heard a Western team was offering more than the Bruins. Was it Vegas and a 1? We'll never know. But because Hall had to be a Bruin and only a Bruin, not only did the Sabres only get a 2nd, but they had to help the Bruins make room under their cap with the Bjork/Lazar swap. That's another indignity and Adams is getting pilloried for something that out of his control (other than giving Hall the NMC in the first place, but I don't recall anyone here complaining about it last summer.)

The combo of this trade circumstance and the overall performance Hall gave the Sabres doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy toward him.

If Hall picked Boston over Vegas, Hall is foolish. Vegas is a better team with an easier path.

I think it was more likely St. Louis, based on the rumour mill and various circumstances. Like you say, we probably will never know for sure, but it sure would be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

If Hall picked Boston over Vegas, Hall is foolish. Vegas is a better team with an easier path.

I think it was more likely St. Louis, based on the rumour mill and various circumstances. Like you say, we probably will never know for sure, but it sure would be interesting.

I agree, but it doesn't seem Hall has a lot of smarts.  He chose Buffalo, in the current state we are in.  LMAO. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

How long's mom gonna be mad at you? Today was the day you guys were going on that eight-hour wine tasting walk and chocolatier visit.

So doing the right thing is now just what suits the beholder best? 

If the Sabres wanted a limited NMC then that’s what they should’ve negotiated. 

39 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What if he goes to Boston and looks like an entirely different player?... the player we hoped we were getting?

Are we allowed to hate him then?

There was no need to use the word allowed. 

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories and I don’t seek to bend reality to fit preconceive notions. I think Taylor Hall tried here and failed spectacularly in a spectacularly awful environment.  If I was a passenger on the titanic, the least of my worries would be the well done steak. His cup of coffee here was meaningless.  I’m certainly not  mad at him for exercising his agreed-upon rates. I will also not be mad if we try somewhere else and finds success. 

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Why would you hold him to only the standard of the bolded when he picked a so much more exciting one in his OP? lol

I don’t follow. Explain it to me like I’m five.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're right. He wasn't obligated at all. But you'd like to think he had enough consideration for the Sabres, a team that gave him $8MM for mostly nothing, to help them out and go to the team that was offering the most for his services. LeBrun said he heard a Western team was offering more than the Bruins. Was it Vegas and a 1? We'll never know. But because Hall had to be a Bruin and only a Bruin, not only did the Sabres only get a 2nd, but they had to help the Bruins make room under their cap with the Bjork/Lazar swap. That's another indignity and Adams is getting pilloried for something that out of his control (other than giving Hall the NMC in the first place, but I don't recall anyone here complaining about it last summer.)

The combo of this trade circumstance and the overall performance Hall gave the Sabres doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy toward him.

I don’t have a warm and fuzzy toward him either. That statement is a long way off from what you previously said.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

So doing the right thing is now just what suits the beholder best? 

If the Sabres wanted a limited NMC then that’s what they should’ve negotiated. 

There was no need to use the word allowed. 

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories and I don’t seek to bend reality to fit preconceive notions. I think Taylor Hall tried here and failed spectacularly in a spectacularly awful environment.  If I was a passenger on the titanic, the least of my worries would be the well done steak. His cup of coffee here was meaningless.  I’m certainly not  mad at him for exercising his agreed-upon rates. I will also not be mad if we try somewhere else and finds success. 

I don’t follow. Explain it to me like I’m five.

I don’t have a warm and fuzzy toward him either. That statement is a long way off from what you previously said.

I thought it was funny cause you asked him to explain why the trade was merely "embarrassing", when in his Original Post he said it was the most embarrassing trade in franchise HISTORY - which I assumed would lead to a better/more comical response, depending on what side you fall on 

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would honestly be pretty surprised if any player did this.  Negotiate  a NMC, but then go to a team you don’t want to just to be nice to Buffalo?  Essentially no player is going to do that.

The way I look at it is, it was worth a shot and now Buffalo has a 2nd round pick that they didn’t have before.

The Lazar-Bjork part is almost a wash.  I like what Lazar brings, but Bjork seems like maybe he has some offensive upside.  We’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

They are playing in the NHL right now? That would be good news. Assuming it wasn't to replace Ullmark but rather add to him. 

edit - they've both played a few. I guess they don't fit the mold of a backup 

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

Does that ease your concern about Adam’s position on goalies?

I care about results. 

It does not ease my concerns, as I am concerned with winning the cup and will being concerned until such happens

😉

- - - 

No, it's definitely nice to hear, but it just doesn't mean anything until he makes the addition. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I care about results. 

It does not ease my concerns, as I am concerned with winning the cup and will being concerned until such happens

😉

- - - 

No, it's definitely nice to hear, but it just doesn't mean anything until he makes the addition. 

I thought you had questions if Adams was even concerned about the position in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He seems to have a bit of a different mindset from what you normally see from an NHL player, at least from what they say. But I wouldn't call him a fool. From his interviews he talks a lot about not wanting the spotlight and what have you - not specifically relevant here just one of the things he says that leads me to believe he's after something a little different. I doubt he approaches UFA in a "highest bigger" way. 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I don’t get a warm and fuzzy about most people, but rarely would I just drop an FU on them.

For the purposes of sports entertainment, there's Hall the player and Hall the person. I bet even the athletes recognize the difference and don't take much offense to the sometimes vicious attacks on them. It's theater, mostly. Otherwise, no one could ever yell, "Kill the ump!"

• Like (+1) 1

From The Athletic Trade Grades 

re Hall

One longtime NHL executive we spoke to asked the question many were asking: Who would want Hall given his level of play? “He’s done nothing to help himself,” the longtime talent evaluator said. “It’s his ***** compete factor. He’s done himself a hell of a disservice.”

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From The Athletic Trade Grades 

re Hall

One longtime NHL executive we spoke to asked the question many were asking: Who would want Hall given his level of play? “He’s done nothing to help himself,” the longtime talent evaluator said. “It’s his ***** compete factor. He’s done himself a hell of a disservice.”

We all saw it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.