Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

53 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Will anybody currently on the Sabres roster take a run at him?

I think Okie might.  If he sees that Hall abused the team for his own gain then, yeah.  Cozens will hit anything.  Also there's Laz-  Oh.  Never mind.  I could see an Angry Giraffe taking a run at him too.

Just now, Doohickie said:

I think Okie might.  If he sees that Hall abused the team for his own gain then, yeah.  Cozens will hit anything.  Also there's Laz-  Oh.  Never mind.  I could see an Angry Giraffe taking a run at him too.

The only one who came to mind when I posed that question was Cozens and I'm not sure that a kid with his level of inexperience would take a run at someone with Hall's veteran stature and league standing (like him or not). Regardless, this organization is a mess and seemingly seems to be continuing its spiral in the wrong direction. It's like standing by helplessly watching a loved one painfully pass.

Brian Lawton just said if Hall backed the Sabres into a corner they should have just told him to take a seat and go get ur deal after the season. He didn't think Adams should have just acquiesced to his demands.

Safe to say that there's alot of stuff that goes into this that we will never know about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

The only one who came to mind when I posed that question was Cozens and I'm not sure that a kid with his level of inexperience would take a run at someone with Hall's veteran stature and league standing (like him or not). Regardless, this organization is a mess and seemingly seems to be continuing its spiral in the wrong direction. It's like standing by helplessly watching a loved one painfully pass.

There's no one person in charge with absolute authority who can make the tough decisions and also tell others to cut the *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m going to assume you think that Hall is by far the best player here, because there is no way that Staal, Montour and Lazar come anywhere close to Foligno or Savard.

People need to accept that at his salary, with a NMC, lack of playoff experience or leadership reputation, and with the way he played this season the market for Hall just was not there.

Best player here?  🙄Talk about over thinking.... 

Point was Buffalo should’ve gotten more for what they traded away.  That is all.  

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Also I could see Skinner giving him a subtle slewfoot, then go down like he was shot and Hall gets the penalty  😄

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Brian Lawton just said if Hall backed the Sabres into a corner they should have just told him to take a seat and go get ur deal after the season. He didn't think Adams should have just acquiesced to his demands.

Safe to say that there's alot of stuff that goes into this that we will never know about. 

For better or worse Adams definitely comes off as someone who wanted to keep Hall happy through the entire process

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Easy to say that as an analyst.  Do whats best for the team and organization, not your ego.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Yeah that sounds good today, but come draft day, Sabre fans would hate that move.

Hopefully Adams thinks twice during free agency this off season before giving too much money and control to any one player.

This season is a great lesson to a new GM that the best way to improve is through good prospects and good coaching.

17 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Kim's right about one thing anyway. There's a lot the fans don't know about. I mean, there's a discussion on this board where people are completely oblivious to what's really going on. Probably better that way, I suppose. Hockey's supposed to be an escape, at least for the fans.

15 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Best player here?  🙄Talk about over thinking.... 

Point was Buffalo should’ve gotten more for what they traded away.  That is all.  

I didn’t mean best player in Buffalo, I mean of the players listed.

My point was that Columbus got a lot more because their players were a lot more desirable as playoff run acquisitions.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"Taylor felt Boston was the team he wanted to go to, contractually he had earned that right." 

- Kevyn Adams

Once the Sabres sat him? Fine. Before that? The height of unprofessionalism. I find it doubtful the idea of being a Bruin only entered his mind last week. Scum.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"Taylor felt Boston was the team he wanted to go to, contractually he had earned that right." 

- Kevyn Adams

I'm really fearing the Sabres will trade Eichel this offseason to avoid him playing the same NMC bs that Hall just did. Honestly I'd love Adams to just throw Hall under the bus for his lax play and falsely claiming that he wanted to be a Sabre.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Once the Sabres sat him? Fine. Before that? The height of unprofessionalism. I find it doubtful the idea of being a Bruin only entered his mind last week. Scum.

The height of unprofessionalism is expected adherence to contractually negotiated terms in said profession? ok

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.