Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I heard this earlier on the instigators earlier, but can't find any link to the quotes. Peters claimed Lazar was quoted after the trade..."this team found creative ways to lose" & "I can't wait to stick it to them".  

55c8tg.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Definitely, not suggesting the returns in any way would be comparable, merely that the deal illustrates the large relative affect such a clause can have on a deal. It's one thing to be in the situation with Hall, we can't *let* it get to that with Jack. 

I expect Jack to be a professional.  Captain/Face of franchise can't just say "i want out", and i only want to go here.  If he does, prepare to sit out quite a while until they get a return they can live with - and enjoy the reputation of being an absolute crybaby who has no leadership qualities.  He'd also get dragged through the media while the whole thing plays out.  

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@johnC

Hall himself said his NMC got him to Boston.  If doesn't matter how much the other offers were or where they were.  KA gave Hall the right to refuse any deal both through the NMC and then not securing a waiver to a list of teams.  Thus we did get fleeced.  We had the best player available at the deadline and got a below a real market value return.  My guess is had KA secured a waiver to a list of teams, we'd have received at least a 1st for Hall.

Say what now?

Just now, Sabre fan said:

find it hard to believe Lazar would say that...seems to me not too long ago no one wanted him and we help to ressurrect his career by signing him. You will not make many friends around the NHL trash  talking like that

"We found some creative ways to lose games, but you look at the way they're playing now, it's pretty exciting. They have a very bright future with all those young guys that are playing the right way right now... you can see that confidence growing."

It isn't like he absolutely dragged Buffalo in that quote.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Drag0nDan said:

"We found some creative ways to lose games, but you look at the way they're playing now, it's pretty exciting. They have a very bright future with all those young guys that are playing the right way right now... you can see that confidence growing."

Yea, that's just him telling the truth. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@johnC

Hall himself said his NMC got him to Boston.  If doesn't matter how much the other offers were or where they were.  KA gave Hall the right to refuse any deal both through the NMC and then not securing a waiver to a list of teams.  Thus we did get fleeced.  We had the best player available at the deadline and got a below a real market value return.  My guess is had KA secured a waiver to a list of teams, we'd have received at least a 1st for Hall.

You won't let go of this bone. What part of NMC do you not understand? Adams could have done all that, and Hall could still say NO!!!!  Then your solution is bench him and get nothing for him? And you rail against Adams for being stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Drag0nDan said:

This sounds more like Lazar

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

find it hard to believe Lazar would say that...seems to me not too long ago no one wanted him and we help to ressurrect his career by signing him. You will not make many friends around the NHL trash  talking like that

Despite the meme I posted, I tend to agree with you.  He's not the trash talking type.

4 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

I expect Jack to be a professional.  Captain/Face of franchise can't just say "i want out", and i only want to go here.  If he does, prepare to sit out quite a while until they get a return they can live with - and enjoy the reputation of being an absolute crybaby who has no leadership qualities.  He'd also get dragged through the media while the whole thing plays out.  

He can do exactly that, he probably would, and him being stuck with that rep does nothing to help us

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We credited him prematurely for filling 2C. He did not fill 2C. It was his plan, this is his team and his season.

Take a mulligan, KA. The future of the franchise and Jack Eichel depends on what you do this offseason 

Good luck. - Morgan Freeman

You nailed it. There have been a lot of accumulated mistakes that have kept this franchise stuck in the mud i.e. lower than middling. This team and organization is at the point where its history of mistakes and miscalculation no longer be an excuse for how you address its many glaring deficiencies. Unless some very smart and wise moves are made this critical offseason (as you noted) to elevate this franchise then it won't be surprising, if not expected, that  Jack will demand to be let out of this interminable frustrating situation.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You won't let go of this bone. What part of NMC do you not understand? Adams could have done all that, and Hall could still say NO!!!!  Then your solution is bench him and get nothing for him? And you rail against Adams for being stupid.

First of all I know exactly how NMCs work and they get waived all of the time to facilitate a trade, especially at the deadline to go to a winning team.  In most situations a GM asks for list of teams the player will accept a deal to in order to create a market for that player.  If the player provides the list, this list constitutes a waiver of the clause to those teams.  What part of this simple procedure do you not understand.  Personally I find it stupid that someone who follows the NHL for years doesn't know that players waive NMCs all the time to get deals done and that most of the time it is done through a list.  Limited or partial NTC or NMC have the advantage of requiring players to make a list. 

to be truthful Jack is in his prime and if KA is to continue selling and adding mediocre pieces at best to the lineup (Riley Sheehan Reider etc) then it probbaly is best to trade Jack now then to wait til his value drops too. Mind you if what we have seen to this point is what we can expect from KA in future trades we are in real big trouble! We are starting to look quite good as a team and the real test is this summer for KA and whether we lose Linus then we need both a 1 & 2 goalie and a 2nd line center...we'll see how that plays out

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

First of all I know exactly how NMCs work and they get waived all of the time to facilitate a trade, especially at the deadline to go to a winning team.  In most situations a GM asks for list of teams the player will accept a deal to in order to create a market for that player.  If the player provides the list, this list constitutes a waiver of the clause to those teams.  What part of this simple procedure do you not understand.  Personally I find it stupid that someone who follows the NHL for years doesn't know that players waive NMCs all the time to get deals done and that most of the time it is done through a list.  Limited or partial NTC or NMC have the advantage of requiring players to make a list. 

Right - and what they're saying is that his list can be 10 teams, or it can be 2, or 1.  Once boston got to his agent he may have just said - its boston - thats it.  And there's nothing you can do there.

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We credited him prematurely for filling 2C. He did not fill 2C. It was his plan, this is his team and his season.

Take a mulligan, KA. The future of the franchise and Jack Eichel depends on what you do this offseason 

Good luck. - Morgan Freeman

"Take a mulligan, KA." is my favorite Morgan Freeman quote. It's from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, I think.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@johnC

Hall himself said his NMC got him to Boston.  If doesn't matter how much the other offers were or where they were.  KA gave Hall the right to refuse any deal both through the NMC and then not securing a waiver to a list of teams.  Thus we did get fleeced and it's his own fault.  We had the best player available at the deadline and got a below a real market value return.  My guess is had KA secured a waiver to a list of teams, we'd have received at least a 1st for Hall.

Do you believe that KA could have gotten more than a second round pick from any other team? I don't. I said it in a prior post that any GM who would have offered a first round pick for him should be fired for gross incompetence. There are plenty of things to criticize this GM for. This deal isn't one of them. At least for me. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You nailed it. There have been a lot of accumulated mistakes that have kept this franchise stuck in the mud i.e. lower than middling. This team and organization is at the point where its history of mistakes and miscalculation no longer be an excuse for how you address its many glaring deficiencies. Unless some very smart and wise moves are made this critical offseason (as you noted) to elevate this franchise then it won't be surprising, if not expected, that  Jack will demand to be let out of this interminable frustrating situation.  

Mistake #1 was keeping Krueger as coach.  Sounds like he really couldn't fire him without consent of King TPeg, but all the roster fixes he attempted were ruined by the coach and his system. 

They have a lesser roster now, no Jack etc., and and they're playing better under an interim coach.  Granato probably wouldn't have been the pick if KA chose his own coach and even if he was Granato may have coached differently as a permanent hire, but it's not unreasonable to think that if Granato had been coach from Day One, Staal and Hall would have been used more effectively (both in terms of system and line combinations).

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A twitter report mentioned above basically confirmed what Lawton said.  KA got other offers for Hall, but Hall only would accept going to Boston.  This is where KA failed in this process.  He did it backwards.  He got the offers first and then let Hall pick the destination.  Instead he should have gotten a list of 3-5 places Hall would go and then taken the best offer from those places.   

If I had to guess, Boston 2nd was the minimum KA would accept to even bring an offer to Hall.  

How can you possibly know that this is what he did?

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Adams and the team come out like crap regardless of which ever course they took.  I was just pointing out that they had some leverage on Hall. Not alot mind you, but some.  

They literally had none. Only Hall’s desire to upset his current life for a couple months was in play. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.