Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

I think at this point I would have preferred not to trade Hall at all then to further embarrass the team by making this pathetic trade. And there are some who have confidence in this team to actually trade Sam or Risto or even Jack for anything worth while?  It becomes more clear every day this team desperately needs a guy like Rutherford who knows how to wheel and deal like we keep seeing in TO and Long Island.  This was making a trade just to get rid of Hall but would have beenm fine with not bothering if this is the return (making the team worse)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, I still think the cost to move the return from a 3rd into a 2nd was the downgrade from Lazar to Bjork 

So take the 3rd.  We should not be getting rid of useful, gritty players for less than nothing.  We have so few to begin with.  But hey, we love our college kids around here.

• Like (+1) 5

Frankly many, with the exception of many on this forum, thought Hall would get a second pick. A first seemed the dream of many here. Basically that's what they got. Our forum GM's seem certain, it would appear, Adams turned away a better deal. 

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

The real problem for Kevyn Adams isn’t the return - Hall is terrible, and plays like he’s washed.

The real problem for Kevyn Adams is that he signed Hall, and paid him millions of Terry’s money, and Hall is terrible and plays like he’s washed.

I thought he would be much better. Glad it was a one year deal for sure. Some people calling him garbage thought he was worth more in this trade. Seems saying one thing yesterday and another today. 

1 minute ago, Radar said:

I thought he would be much better. Glad it was a one year deal for sure. Some people calling him garbage thought he was worth more in this trade. Seems saying one thing yesterday and another today. 

Yeh I thought he would be much better.  Also thought he was bigger and played with more moxie.  I was glad it was only a 1 year deal and I still don't get why Lazar had to be thrown in.  So where will the Sabres be at next year as far as salary cap?  I get teams are hemorrhaging right now and I hope they are banking Eichel's salary on LTIR or is he?

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh I thought he would be much better.  Also thought he was bigger and played with more moxie.  I was glad it was only a 1 year deal and I still don't get why Lazar had to be thrown in.  So where will the Sabres be at next year as far as salary cap?  I get teams are hemorrhaging right now and I hope they are banking Eichel's salary on LTIR or is he?

He drifts around the perimeter, not really wanting to get involved in the play and rarely crashing the net.  My observation at least.  Would love to see the tracking on that someday.  Doesn’t have great speed or a lethal shot.  Isn’t feisty like Skinner.  He’s really bad, at least the 2020/21 version.  If he’s great for Boston it’s because he suddenly became interested in competing - which would make me dislike his character.  If he plays the same he’s played here, he’s just washed.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, lost in dc said:

That’s all they could get for Hall in addition to half his salary. Sabres need a real GM. The coaching problem seems solved, at least for the remainder of the season. Ridiculous!

Apply for the job. Actually the Montour for a third I question more than this. Hall for a third was, I would believe, was the going rate for Hall around the league for teams.

14 minutes ago, lost in dc said:

That’s all they could get for Hall in addition to half his salary. Sabres need a real GM. The coaching problem seems solved, at least for the remainder of the season. Ridiculous!

Who knows? He could legit reject a trade to any team he didn't want to play for 

Curtis is perfect for the Bruins and will constantly reek havoc against Buffalo in the future.....and we'll keep wondering WTF GMKA sent him to a division rival!  I wish we still had GM Darcy, because he at least knew how to get a good return on trades (vs. getting fleeced like GMKA did on this one).

• Like (+1) 1

Curtis Lazar is a 13th forward on a playoff team. Bjork has been a bottom six forward on a playoff team. Hall takes his roster spot and Lazar is scratched for the rest of the season until someone goes down. Yeah, I would have liked a first for Hall. But people value our players way more than they should. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Curtis Lazar is a 13th forward on a playoff team. Bjork has been a bottom six forward on a playoff team. Hall takes his roster spot and Lazar is scratched for the rest of the season until someone goes down. Yeah, I would have liked a first for Hall. But people value our players way more than they should. 

Agree with this. A first for Hall was a dream of forums like ours. As for Lazar. I liked him but a very replaceable type player. Bjork is that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Your overreactions add spice to the forum.

Wanting to go Biblical on this franchise, including the Pegulas, is hardly and overreaction. It's measured, logical and sane.

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

Terry Pegula had nothing to do with this and Kevyn Adams is disappointing me for the ninetieth time this month.

If I can't say he did, you can't say he didn't. (I can guarantee he played some role in the trade.)

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It shouldn't be lost in all of this that every single one of us would have welcomed a Hall scratch before it was time to consider doing so for the deadline, that's how bad he was. 

That does matter in things like trade deadline trades. He is ***** terrible lol. Can't really have it both ways

He's not terrible, the Sabres are. The Bruins wanted him, what does that tell you? I guess we'll find out.

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A 33 year old Foligno on an expiring contract who tallied 16 pts YTD went for a 1st and a 4th. Our 28 year old winger on an expiring deal with 19 pts went for a 2nd.  Am I missing something.  It's a further illustration that KA has zero idea how to be a GM in the NHL.  Not a surprise, he isn't qualified for the job.

Foligno was making 8 mil this season?

Ok KA has no idea how to be a GM.  Don't some of the playoff teams GM know how to?  Why wouldn't they offer something better? Everyone knew he was available and you know KA made his last rounds with anyone interested. 

Are you telling me Toronto chose Foligno and to give up a 1st and 4th instead of Hall for a 2nd because KA is stupid?  Or that Columbus fleeced Toronto?  I don't get what you're saying,  literally at all.

Pretty pumped for trade deadline day today...hoping we can continue and trade Risto for a 7th, Sam for a 5th and retain and maybe like a 2nd and 3rd for Jack? We would of course retain half of Jack's salary as well. In all honesty I really fear we will give Linus away today as well. 40 saves yesterday and the team is clearly much better when he plays and we need to sign him. I see other teams getting NHL goalies for backups yet we cannot seem to do anything right.  There are people out there who actually trust this current regime to make "smart" moves? Giving away Lazar is the kicker...he will excel in Boston for sure

Edited by Sabre fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Srw1525 said:

Bjorks stats since being with Boston...bounced back and forth between both teams.....

70B3640D-41D9-434B-8F5C-8C17C84C27BE.jpeg

Lazar, though a tried and true 4th liner is much better than this guy will ever be. The Bruins boards are more than happy to see him go.

Now we have to watch this guy drag the team down next year instead of someone with real upside like an R2 or Peterka (after maybe a half year of seasoning in the AHL). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.