Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That kind of agrees with my take, but maybe Lazar wasn't in the picture for next season anyway.  How many 4th liners do we need?  When we sold our house in Michigan to move to Texas, we were at an impasse.  I offered up my snowblower and it closed the deal.  Which is fine because the snowblower wasn't part of my long term plans anyway.  With Girgs back next season we won't need Lazar anyway.  He's like the snowblower that closed the deal.

I don't think that was ever a realistic possibility.

Did you also agree to still pay half of the mortgage after you sold the house? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So a second for Hall and Bjork for Lazar?  Yeh Adams got owned.  Can't see this as a good trade for Sabres.  Through in another prospect or pick maybe but this is pathetic.

Better not be money involved unless Bastan is sending some Sabres way.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I have no idea what that even means.  (And no, that is not an invitation to explain it to me.)

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Come on.  Look at other trades.  Foligno, Palmeri, etc.  Adams could and should have done better.

Come on.  Look at other trades.  Foligno, Palmeri, etc.  Adams could and should have done better.

I think he gets the point.

(And yes, I realize it's the forum refresh issue.)

A locked up cheap Lazar is worth more than that late 2nd round pick more times than not. And Bjork will only hurt us.

Should have just let Hall sit out if this is what we call a return.

Just now, Curt said:

I don’t know enough about Bjork to make a judgment.

Look at his stat line on one of hockeys best teams over the last couple of years. And he's old enough that he has little upside.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I promise you, it was the worst Sabres trade of my life on paper the day it happened

It was orders of magnitude worse than this trade, which is merely mediocre 

This isn’t a bad trade, it’s just disappointing.

Hall is 40-point 2nd-line rental winger and he got traded for a 2nd-rounder. Happens all the time. We just hoped we’d get more on his reputation.

Lazar and Bjork are 2 throw-in 4th-liners traded for each other. Happens all the time. We just happen to like Lazar.

Let’s face it, we just wanted to celebrate something for once, or see a sign that our team was going to do something clever, and we didn’t get either.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

This isn’t a bad trade, it’s just disappointing.

Hall is 40-point 2nd-line rental winger and he got traded for a 2nd-rounder. Happens all the time. We just hoped we’d get more on his reputation.

Lazar and Bjork are 2 throw-in 4th-liners traded for each other. Happens all the time. We just happen to like Lazar.

Let’s face it, we just wanted to celebrate something for once, or see a sign that our team was going to do something clever, and we didn’t get either.

Hall is a recent Hart winner and Adams is a freaking idiot letting him go for a second and a 4th line swap.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I have no idea what that even means.  (And no, that is not an invitation to explain it to me.)

I think he gets the point.

(And yes, I realize it's the forum refresh issue.)

Come on.  If you don’t know iyer prashanth’s trade machine, then you don’t know nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Andres Bjork
7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hall is a recent Hart winner and Adams is a freaking idiot letting him go for a second and a 4th line swap.

And then he blew out his knee and has scored 18 goals in the 112 games he’s played since. Scouts watched him play as much as we did. He wasn’t good.

You know Adams didn’t get a better offer. You know Hall isn’t going to re-sign with Buffalo for anything other than an overpayment.

Adams would have been a freaking idiot not to trade him, and a bigger idiot to,re-sign him. The return sucked.I’m not sure what else he should have done.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Let us turn this around.

Hall has minimal playoff experience.  He is not a leader.  He has put up assists, but he has often been flat out bad.  He seems to lack "intangibles."

You are another GM.  What are you offering?  2nd and a project is about my high end.  No 1st without unloading a long-term cap dump.  No high-end prospects.

I don't like this trade.  I personally would have taken less to keep Lazar -- that would have driven Cody Eakin out of the line-up.  But I have a hard time seeing Hall as worth more.  The other "comparables" all have him beat on most criteria aside from points.

Just now, Curt said:

In the lead up to the trade deadline did most “experts” think Buffalo would definitely get a 1st for Hall?  Is that what they pegged his value at?

No.  People thought a 2nd at 50% was the high end.

5 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Let us turn this around.

Hall has minimal playoff experience.  He is not a leader.  He has put up assists, but he has often been flat out bad.  He seems to lack "intangibles."

You are another GM.  What are you offering?  2nd and a project is about my high end.  No 1st without unloading a long-term cap dump.  No high-end prospects.

I don't like this trade.  I personally would have taken less to keep Lazar -- that would have driven Cody Eakin out of the line-up.  But I have a hard time seeing Hall as worth more.  The other "comparables" all have him beat on most criteria aside from points.

I would have much rather just done Hall for a 2nd than throw in the other pieces.

I suspect the Sabres, with their USAHockey bias targeted Bjork and Lazar was the price they had to pay.

Personally, I think Curtis Lazar is exactly the kind of player I want on.my fourth line, and struggle to see the difference between Bjork and Caggiula and CJ Smith or Bryan Flynn, but what do I know?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.