If we fall out of last place and pick 8 again god help us

No I.D.

The sabres are shooting themselves in the foot by winning. They are marginally out of playoff contention yet have decided to once again risk losing the chance to draft #1 overall. We have zero talent. Jack Eichel wouldn’t be a first liner on a Chicago black hawks team in the early 2010’s. Reinhardt wants an extension. I don’t even know who our goalie is. We are absolutely terrible. We need an actual hockey mind running the team, not a tennis mom who won’t give up her yacht. I don’t even watch hockey anymore. The sabres turned me into a UFC diehard when football season isn’t around. Those royal blue jerseys btw? I’m willing to bet they go back to navy next year because they relied on those sales for income during Covid. I’m so tired of seeing this team beat itself and it’s future up. We needed McDavid and got stiffed. We needed Matthew’s and got stiffed. We got Dahlin and.... look at his +\-. They need to trade the house and the farm and take at least 4 first rounders this year , 3 next year , and 2 the year after. But we don’t even have anybody worth more than an additional mid first round pick! We as a team are Enron.

• Haha (+1) 1

Realistically, we can catch 4 teams.  It is remotely possible to catch 4 more.  We are 5 point behind the next closest team, Ottawa, with 15 games remaining.

For some perspective, according to an old ESPNNews article, there are exactly 6 teams that have made up 6 point deficits in the standings with 20 games left to make the playoffs since The Lockout; the Sabres have 2 of those and could have had 3 others.  It is possible that multiple teams in front of us will collapse, but odds are against it.  But passing Ottawa, Anaheim, New Jersey, and Detroit will not be easy.

<rant>I hate losing.  It is a habit we need to break.  If the Sabres play DeLuca .500 hockey the rest of the way against the upcoming buzz saw, I will be thrilled because the team would finally be maturing.  I opposed The Tank and I support a winning streak now.</rant>

YMMV

Over the last 10 games we are averaging 1.1 pts per game.  Ottawa and Ana, our closest rivals for the bottom are earning about .9 pts per game over the last 10.  If these 3 teams continue to play at this pace, we'll still finish 2 points behind the Sens.  No worries mate.  Root for the boys to play well and win every game on the way in.  They'll gain more with the confidence boost then one more high draft pick in a crap shoot of a draft (because of COVID). 

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, No I.D. said:

The sabres are shooting themselves in the foot by winning. They are marginally out of playoff contention yet have decided to once again risk losing the chance to draft #1 overall. We have zero talent. Jack Eichel wouldn’t be a first liner on a Chicago black hawks team in the early 2010’s. Reinhardt wants an extension. I don’t even know who our goalie is. We are absolutely terrible. We need an actual hockey mind running the team, not a tennis mom who won’t give up her yacht. I don’t even watch hockey anymore. The sabres turned me into a UFC diehard when football season isn’t around. Those royal blue jerseys btw? I’m willing to bet they go back to navy next year because they relied on those sales for income during Covid. I’m so tired of seeing this team beat itself and it’s future up. We needed McDavid and got stiffed. We needed Matthew’s and got stiffed. We got Dahlin and.... look at his +\-. They need to trade the house and the farm and take at least 4 first rounders this year , 3 next year , and 2 the year after. But we don’t even have anybody worth more than an additional mid first round pick! We as a team are Enron.

2011 called.  They want their Tank Commander back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Sabres fans: 'I hate that this team has a losing culture. It needs to change'

Also Sabres fans: 'I wish this team would stop winning, it's damaging our draft odds'

It's time we need to have drug tests  before we can post.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, No I.D. said:

yet you come here complaining

Normally I am with you 100% on wanting to do everything to get just one pick higher, but I'm not as up-tight about it this year...why? The draft class.

Sure, anything can happen. A superstar can come out of this draft....but from everything I have read, there really is no consensus #1...or #2 for that matter.  I'm getting the impression that there really isn't a huge gap between whoever will go #1 all the way through #6.  With that said, I don't want them picking 8 or worse, but as long as they are in the top 5, I'm really good with it.

49 minutes ago, Radar said:

I will fail every one.  Last night I ingested 3 different forms of THC.  Which is routine. 

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the kids to learn how to win.  That's more important.

It is. There is also no McDavid, Eichel, Dahlin or whomever at the top of this draft. They may get the player they want at 2 or 3. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want the kids to learn how to win.  That's more important.

Especially kids like foggarty

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If Ullmark is out for an extended period of time I wouldn’t worry about that too much looking at the schedule.

Besides the kids are being put into positions where they are learning, enjoy the progress it’s fun 

We have won a total of 1 game this season without Ullmark correct?

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I will fail every one.  Last night I ingested 3 different forms of THC.  Which is routine. 

It is. There is also no McDavid, Eichel, Dahlin or whomever at the top of this draft. They may get the player they want at 2 or 3. 

Dahlin listed. 

As he should be. 

12 hours ago, Radar said:

If your test comes back clean you can’t post because where’s the fun in that?

11 hours ago, inkman said:

^^^

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.