GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 2 pm 4/11/21 MSG and WGR55 —

bob_sauve28

18 minutes ago, Radar said:

If this continues and this team continues to play like this you would have to consider Granato going forward. We'll see over the rest of our games but right now I like what I see.

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Now, let's lock up up Ullmark for 3 or 4, move Hall, pick up the assets and prepare for battle post deadline. There are determined opponents to slay yet this season. I can the momentum building, the corner has been turned. There is new, young blood on the front lines, they've grabbed their guns and are manning their posts. Yes, this is it, we are now beyond rock bottom. I can feel it.

GO SABRES!!!!!

Irrational exuberance?  From you Scotty?

Maybe they *have* turned the corner.

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The RasMiTaz line

❤️

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So refreshing to see someone celebrate a goal. I'd fill this roster with guys who have a heartbeat.

He's joining Casey, Asplund and Cozens as "new" guys who actually play like they care about these games as much as we do. It's fun to watch.

59 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They're being allowed to take chances with the caveat being that if you screw up you better hustle to try to fix it. Which is how the game should be played if you have the skill and conditioning to do it. 

This, so much this. And apparently we have more skill than we thought, it's just that the guys who had it just weren't allowed to play much, or use it much when they did.

43 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Just one massive reason why these kids finishing strong is a big deal. 

These games are far from meaningless.

I am seeing exactly what I hoped to see when Ralph was fired: Both in how they are using the kids, and how the kids are responding

41 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Anyone catch Mittelstadt on the backcheck coming off the bench, before the ENG? 

There’s a guy who wants to win.

It's only been two weeks now, but he's really playing like the player we hoped we were getting three years ago. Points in six of his past 7 games, 5/2/7/+5 in that stretch

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

I golfed 18 today came home and caught the last 4 mins.  It was like they were another team.  Three goals to tie, take lead, ice game. 

great job.  That’s all I saw.  The younger guys are coming on.  Mitts, Tage, Dahlin, Joker, have all pushed past a plateau and are up a notch ... and they have more to go too!  

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

27 May 1975 says otherwise.

Just getting in my preemptive discounting of achievements under Granato.

Just now, Pimlach said:

I golfed 18 today came home and caught the last 4 mins.  It was like they were another team.  Three goals to tie, take lead, ice game. 

great job.  That’s all I saw.  The younger guys are coming on.  Mitts, Tage, Dahlin, Joker, have all pushed past a plateau and are up a notch ... and they have more to go too!  

They flashed that on the 2 goals you missed but we're outplayed in their end the rest of the game. Ullmark stood on his head.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Rasmus - Mitts - Tage

The RasMiTaz line:

ATM.  How many people here wrote some or all these prospects off?  I wrote Thompson off.  It’s amazing how an opportunity and a little confidence from competent coaches can help young guys succeed.  The ATM line is money right now.  

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They flashed that on the 2 goals you missed but we're outplayed in their end the rest of the game. Ullmark stood on his head.

They must re-sign Uhlmark, and then sign a second real NHL goalie to pick up games and give us a chance to improve as a team.  We have kids in the pipeline but let’s have them beat out a good goalie to get here.  

The 1970 Entry Sabres had Roger Crozier, Joe Daley, and Dave Dryden.  Far better than any combo the Sabres have conjured up in years.  It cannot be this hard to get two decent goalies. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.