GDT: Sabres @ Flyers 2 pm 4/11/21 MSG and WGR55 —

bob_sauve28

There was a graphic early in the second that Sabres D had 22 points last 7 games. I'd guess it's 24 now. 

Amazing point production from a group thats been stunted all year. 

Edit: it is 24 now. 

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is this team suddenly scoring Bunches of goals?? Imagine how much better they could be right now with Eichel...

Edited by Norcal

Now, let's lock up up Ullmark for 3 or 4, move Hall, pick up the assets and prepare for battle post deadline. There are determined opponents to slay yet this season. I can the momentum building, the corner has been turned. There is new, young blood on the front lines, they've grabbed their guns and are manning their posts. Yes, this is it, we are now beyond rock bottom. I can feel it.

GO SABRES!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Dont tell Bulldog WGR

And the first comment under that is "totally agree, we should trade Eichel"

this is how these weird narratives get started - it's not "Cozens win" today, he was pretty decent, had some nice plays, also some big turnovers. He whacked at a lose puck in front and the whole team joined a scuffle. Cozens didn't do anything that's indicative of it being "his" win NM that Eichel is expendable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

And the first comment under that is "totally agree, we should trade Eichel"

this is how these weird narratives get started - it's not "Cozens win" today, he was pretty decent, had some nice plays, also some big turnovers. He whacked at a lose puck in front and the whole team joined a scuffle. Cozens didn't do anything that's indicative of it being "his" win NM that Eichel is expendable. 

Please do not interrupt my man crush on Cozens.  

Yes, I know it's not 100% on him.  

Just don't tell me his play isn't exactly the kind of "culture" change we're talking about here.  Well people like me anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Please do not interrupt my man crush on Cozens.  

Yes, I know it's not 100% on him.  

Just don't tell me his play isn't exactly the kind of "culture" change we're talking about here.  Well people like me anyway. 

He's definitely apart of the answer, I agree.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is this team suddenly scoring Bunches of goals?? Imagine how much better they could be right now with Eichel...

I almost have the feeling this needed to happen without Eichel.  The rest of the team needed to take the next step, to succeed without Eichel carrying them.  That's happening now.  When Eichel's back it's just be gravy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

I almost have the feeling this needed to happen without Eichel.  The rest of the team needed to take the next step, to succeed without Eichel carrying them.  That's happening now.  When Eichel's back it's just be gravy.

It's an interesting thing to ponder. It's not the ideal way to build a winner, but maybe someday we'll look back on these trials as foundational. 

• Like (+1) 2

Three late goals  means, like I have said before, these Sabres you can not chalk up as an easy win.  You have to earn that victory and today Philly learned hard that this is not RKs squad.  These young guns are playing better.  WAY better.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think if Jack isn't having to carry this team night after night you will see him rejuvenated upon his return.

Jack with Sam and Jeff again please! And now the Asplund/Mitts/Giraffe line looking good. Get help for Cozens and R2 and that's 3 good lines., 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

A healthy Ullmark makes a huge difference. 

I really like how Granato has the team believing in itself.

Steadily building on confidence...

If this continues and this team continues to play like this you would have to consider Granato going forward. We'll see over the rest of our games but right now I like what I see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.