Sabres have made it a Top Priority to Re-Sign Linus Ullmark per Friedman

Brawndo

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ullmark is the final chip to move today. What's the goalie market looking like?

The goalie market seldom is anything at the deadline. For whatever reason, the few that have been moved at the deadline have not found success. I’m sure someone will correct me but I don’t think a goalie of substance has been traded at the deadline since Huet went from Montreal to Washington.

Just now, LTS said:

What move?  Has ANY move been made?

Not trading Ullmark and getting value. They didn’t retain salary on Montour and consequently took a lesser return so they could retain on Ullmark. Now they have lost all leverage with Ullmark and I expect them to grossly overpay him. 

Just now, freester said:

Not trading Ullmark and getting value. They didn’t retain salary on Montour and consequently took a lesser return so they could retain on Ullmark. Now they have lost all leverage with Ullmark and I expect them to grossly overpay him. 

I see. You don't think they might retain salary on another player that might get traded today?  or they might find themselves in the position to be a broker for two other teams and need that retention?

What you propose is a possible outcome.... we shall see.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even if he leaves and the Sabres get nothing? Risky.

Risky schmisky. Y'all worry too much about getting mid round picks for UFAs. Sometimes you have to do the right thing and keep the guy around if you think you can get a deal done.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This is reasonable, but I need to know what they can get for him before I decide whether I'm on board with keeping him.  If it's a #2 or a good prospect -- I'd probably trade him. 

A #2 might help in 3 years best case & most likely 4-5 years if ever.

A good prospect might help in 2 years best case & most likely 3-4 years if ever.

Having this team go back to playing like hot garbage hurts presently and having almost 0% chance of having Ullmark back hurts for at least the next 2 years.  Having the team end the year as hot garbage also likely hurts next season as FAs avoid this place like the plague.

There are offers that make trading him worthwhile.  IMHO a 2nd & good prospect doesn't even come close.  (Nor does substituting a late 1st for the 2nd, again IMHO.)

My 2 cents.

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Here’s a question:  if you were KA, would you take the same package for Linus (a 2nd plus a Bjork-type prospect) that you just got for Hall, since Linus has said he’s testing FA?

I would.  

No, because I want this team to win as much as possible the rest of the season, and I think swapping out Linus for goalies that are 1-19-3 would warrant the literal arrest and imprisonment of Adams

There is virtually no chance of winning more than a couple of the remaining games if Linus is gone, and I don't want to torpedo the young guys' confidence and spirit yet again. 

IDGAF about a third 2nd rounder and another rando we could just sign the equivalent of for a million dollars in the offseason

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, freester said:

Retaining on Ullamrks 2.6mil seems odd. You can easily take a teams 1.3 mil cap dump in return instead of retaining. 

If this team wants to have any success this season, Ullmark must be on the team. Trading him should not happen. 

43 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The goalie market seldom is anything at the deadline. For whatever reason, the few that have been moved at the deadline have not found success. I’m sure someone will correct me but I don’t think a goalie of substance has been traded at the deadline since Huet went from Montreal to Washington.

Robin Lehner got traded to Vegas at the deadline last year for a 2nd and warm bodies

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Term and AAV are in the ballpark apparently, hopefully it gets done 

This is the best news we will hear today, even though it is essentially hearsay.

Ullmark is not the same as Hall. He is a huge part of our present and should be a big part of our future.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Siri show me an example of backpedaling 

Exactly!  Without a significant offer from Buffalo, Ullmark will be a UFA?  No kidding!  I figured it would only take an insignificant offer.

That statement is just broad enough to cover his ass.

Only peripherally related to Linus, but Paul Hamilton just reported on WGR that Terry Pegula was of the opinion that UPL should have been in the NHL this year.

You know, the goalie who has yet to match Linus' heights in the AHL, and, at the start of the season, hadn't even been a regular in the AHL.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Only peripherally related to Linus, but Paul Hamilton just reported on WGR that Terry Pegula was of the opinion that UPL should have been in the NHL this year.

You know, the goalie who has yet to match Linus' heights in the AHL, and, at the start of the season, hadn't even been a regular in the AHL.

Johansson > UPL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.