Sabres have made it a Top Priority to Re-Sign Linus Ullmark per Friedman

Brawndo

FYI did anyone notice the biggest news yesterday was actually what Paul Hamilton said on the Instigators.  I listened to it today.  

They were talking about goalies and Peters was adamant UPL get a game before the end of the season.  Rivet said no way.  

Hamilton said "some people" thought he should have started the year with the big club.  Peters pressed him asked him who and Paul said "Terry."  

The man needs to be quarantined from this team.  It's so obvious he's been the problem.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

FYI did anyone notice the biggest news yesterday was actually what Paul Hamilton said on the Instigators.  I listened to it today.  

They were talking about goalies and Peters was adamant UPL get a game before the end of the season.  Rivet said no way.  

Hamilton said "some people" thought he should have started the year with the big club.  Peters pressed him asked him who and Paul said "Terry."  

The man needs to be quarantined from this team.  It's so obvious he's been the problem.  

Thank you. Your finders fee is in the email.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If Linus is the starter we absolutely need a capable backup even beyond the usual large need for a backup

The injuries these past 2 seasons are concerning; but wouldn't be at all surprised if tonight's issue is the same thing that caused him to miss 15 or so nor that it can be completely healed up this off-season.

He won't necessarily be injury prone moving forward, but if that potential goads Adams into setting the Sabres up w/ a true 1A/1B situation then maybe this setback has a silver lining LT.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

The problem with this approach is, who is replacing all of these guys you want to ship out?  Next man standing?  You are correct in that the folks you wanted moved for scratch offs are not fueling the limited success we have seen, but the next guys up to replace them are not even NHLers.  They will get caved in every game and we go back to Team Morose.  And that is the worst possible environment to put these kids in to prepare for next season.  You don't need more proof that this doesn't work.  You've actually watched it live for the last 7 seasons.

At least the vets we have aren't getting caved in.  It's a much more positive developmental environment.

Well I'm not trading Reinhart and Risto etc and maybe Eichel for just draft picks. I'm talking hockey trades for players with new attitudes and outlooks and skill sets that fit the new vision (assuming there is a new vision). 

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well I'm not trading Reinhart and Risto etc and maybe Eichel for just draft picks. I'm talking hockey trades for players with new attitudes and outlooks and skill sets that fit the new vision (assuming there is a new vision). 

This is all in the context of your plan to trade Linus and try to woo him back next season.  And it applied to the other vets we currently have as well.  You want to put the stink of Loser on these kids to finish out the season, that’s a sure fire way to do it.

With Linus hurt again you may get your chance to see how foolish that idea is.

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Man, Linus needs to stay healthy.

I'd be concerned about him handling a full work load plus playoff schedule, let alone do it for consecutive seasons.  

At this point it would be consecutive games.

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

This is all in the context of your plan to trade Linus and try to woo him back next season.  And it applied to the other vets we currently have as well.  You want to put the stink of Loser on these kids to finish out the season, that’s a sure fire way to do it.

With Linus hurt again you may get your chance to see how foolish that idea is.

We're not going to agree on this. I don't think it puts the stink of loser on them as you say. They are not totally stupid. They will realize that it's a depleted line up and it's the coaches job to reinforce the idea that this is building for next year.

The stink of losing comes from being around guys who are used to losing and accept it. That's our core. Rot spreads. 

18 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Yeah..... Not sure about Linus as the number one starter going forward with all these injury's. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a competent backup.

I’m wondering if it’s more of a problem with the strength and conditioning people the Sabres are employing. 

Eichel and now Ullmark?

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/12/2021 at 11:08 AM, dudacek said:

Only peripherally related to Linus, but Paul Hamilton just reported on WGR that Terry Pegula was of the opinion that UPL should have been in the NHL this year.

You know, the goalie who has yet to match Linus' heights in the AHL, and, at the start of the season, hadn't even been a regular in the AHL.

I seen this.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, sabresouth said:

Yeah..... Not sure about Linus as the number one starter going forward with all these injury's. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a competent backup.

My guess would be same injury.  A position that requires a ton of flexibility is always going to be a challenge coming back from any soft tissue injury.  Time to get that kid a pilates coach or something.  

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not in favor of trading either unless they want out. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We're not going to agree on this. I don't think it puts the stink of loser on them as you say. They are not totally stupid. They will realize that it's a depleted line up and it's the coaches job to reinforce the idea that this is building for next year.

The stink of losing comes from being around guys who are used to losing and accept it. That's our core. Rot spreads. 

I don't think that's the case anymore 

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m wondering if it’s more of a problem with the strength and conditioning people the Sabres are employing. 

Eichel and now Ullmark?

I think we're short on perspective about how often players are injured in this league. People here only focus on the Sabres. Take a look around at what other teams are going through. Boston has no goalies. Stamkos gets hurt almost every season. Dallas has a bunch of players who seem to just suit up whenever they feel like it.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think we're short on perspective about how often players are injured in this league. People here only focus on the Sabres. Take a look around at what other teams are going through. Boston has no goalies. Stamkos gets hurt almost every season. Dallas has a bunch of players who seem to just suit up whenever they feel like it.

This season especially with all the games and no rest 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.