Sabres have made it a Top Priority to Re-Sign Linus Ullmark per Friedman

Brawndo

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Only peripherally related to Linus, but Paul Hamilton just reported on WGR that Terry Pegula was of the opinion that UPL should have been in the NHL this year.

You know, the goalie who has yet to match Linus' heights in the AHL, and, at the start of the season, hadn't even been a regular in the AHL.

Terry's never gonna stop, is he?  Decade of one of the worst, if not the worst ownership in recent memory in any sport, and he still doesn't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Only peripherally related to Linus, but Paul Hamilton just reported on WGR that Terry Pegula was of the opinion that UPL should have been in the NHL this year.

You know, the goalie who has yet to match Linus' heights in the AHL, and, at the start of the season, hadn't even been a regular in the AHL.

This was reported a few weeks ago I think. He wanted that to happen but notice it didn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

soooooooooooo...clearly Linus is as good as gone. Guess it'll be Hutton and whoever tending goal next year. And we wonder why the league laughs at us and clearly does not take us very serious. Can hardly wait until next year...

Hutton will never play goal in the NHL again. IMO 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

But, but, Ham Sammich told us he "could" "possibly" get traded.  Certainly he was as good as gone.  <_< 

But, but, Ham Sammich told us he "could" "possibly" get traded.  Certainly he was as good as gone.  <_< 

21 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Terry's never gonna stop, is he?  Decade of one of the worst, if not the worst ownership in recent memory in any sport, and he still doesn't get it.

Lol, i'm catching up on the Instigators rewind and this is at the 10:55 mark Craig Rivet says, "Who the heck in the organization thought that was a good idea to have UPL up?" and then the stream cuts out for 10 seconds and then restarts, cutting out Hamilton confirming it was Pegula. 

Nice cover-up WGR.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is the best news we'll get today. 

Term and AAV are in the ballpark apparently, hopefully it gets done 

I thought when he went at stood at C ready to fight yesterday, he'd likely stay

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Ullmark would be the best option in goal. If he leaves the pickings are slim. We’d have to sign a starter and a back up. This franchise is something. 

The Avs cannot afford Grubauer and Landeskog, and I have a tough time imagining they part with Gabe. Grubauer will be the best option available and my guess is that if we re-sign Ullmark before the end of the season that Linus has a worse contract than him. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Backpedaling on what, the likelihood he'll stay?

Yesterday he tweeted (paraphrasing) That contract talks between Ullmark and Sabres had failed, expect to see him traded before the deadline.

Now the phrasing is much much softer.

Its somewhere in this thread.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Lol, i'm catching up on the Instigators rewind and this is at the 10:55 mark Craig Rivet says, "Who the heck in the organization thought that was a good idea to have UPL up?" and then the stream cuts out for 10 seconds and then restarts, cutting out Hamilton confirming it was Pegula. 

Nice cover-up WGR.

Amateurs.  Can't hurt Terry's feelings though.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I'm not a fan of Terry and Kim at all, and I can totally believe that this conversation occurred between TP, KA & RK.

I think the expansion draft will help the Sabres, if they can not sign ullmark. 
there are a few teams that can’t protect 2 good goalies. 
Sabres now have enough draft capital to pry one lose, rather than that team losing the player for nothing 

I believe there were a few trades prior to the Golden Knights draft 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I think the expansion draft will help the Sabres, if they can not sign ullmark. 
there are a few teams that can’t protect 2 good goalies. 
Sabres now have enough draft capital to pry one lose, rather than that team losing the player for nothing 

I believe there were a few trades prior to the Golden Knights draft 

I think you're right. All sorts of players could be available from whats being talked about in the media.

Lots of teams will be looking to move pieces rather than lose them in expansion.

Other teams face cap implications so that will cause movement as well.

Those two seconds and two thirds could net more than they would in a normal year. 

Two seconds being the Sabres and the acquired pick 

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.